Event Location

7 replies to this topic

#1 Galenthor Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 157 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 06:38 AM

I contact the event location and when I mentioned the date and the event, the woman on the other end of the phone had no clue as to what I was talking about, and she said she couldn't find any reference in her system... any idea what happened, folks?

#2 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 11:29 AM

If you have questions about the Venue or event post them here and I will do my best to answer them.

"Any idea what happened?"

you talked "a woman" about an event we have placed a deposit on and are currently getting our insurance in line to sign the final contracts this week. That and the event is happening in Dec.
I am touring the venue with our initial event planning staff today.

As a follow-up, I also called the commodore ballroom and talked to a dude to see if they were aware of a call from "Galenthor Kerensky" but they didn't know who you were. This is really starting to freak me out. (winky face) :)

#3 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 04:03 PM

https://www.instagra.../p/BD6xMxAjPpE/

#4 BoxDrunken

• PipPip
  • Kashira
  • Kashira
  • 44 posts
  • LocationMesa,AZ

Posted 07 April 2016 - 04:28 PM

Posted Image

#5 Furball72

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 03:02 AM

View PostMatt Newman, on 07 April 2016 - 11:29 AM, said:

That and the event is happening in Dec.

Whoa, whoa, whoa... December... December? You mean 3.6°C daily mean temperature in Vancouver December?
Are you aware that some of the players you'll be bringing to compete in this thing will very possibly be coming from the Southern Hemisphere? Expecting them to be able to go from summer straight into winter and compete on an equal footing is kinda rough. Will they be given a couple of weeks to acclimate to the cold?

#6 Paradox42

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 April 2016 - 04:14 AM

View PostFurball72, on 10 April 2016 - 03:02 AM, said:

Whoa, whoa, whoa... December... December? You mean 3.6°C daily mean temperature in Vancouver December?
Are you aware that some of the players you'll be bringing to compete in this thing will very possibly be coming from the Southern Hemisphere? Expecting them to be able to go from summer straight into winter and compete on an equal footing is kinda rough. Will they be given a couple of weeks to acclimate to the cold?

I am not sure if some of these comments are actually serious, but for sure they are hilarious. lmao Posted Image

#7 Rushin Roulette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 April 2016 - 12:44 AM

Im afraid not... but an official tip for these players is to sleep in the kitchen with the freezer door open. and their heads in the freezer fro 3 weeks prior to the tournament. Also especially for these players, special seats have been reserved on the planes from the southern hemisphere to Canada. These players can choose if they want to sit on the left or right balcony.

#8 Jolly Llama

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 457 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 06:14 PM

Looks like they will have to contact the Jamaican bobsled team for training tips.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users