28 replies to this topic

#21 Xoxim SC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 454 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 08:13 AM

View PostEscef, on 10 April 2016 - 07:27 AM, said:

Where are the servers you are connecting to for these other games vs the PGI servers? The issues could be how your ISP routes it. Which is neither your, nor PGI's fault.

In regards to the region? I only connect to North American servers, or U.S. East or West if I have to depending on what game I'm playing.

#22 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 10 April 2016 - 08:23 AM

View PostTodd Lightbringer, on 10 April 2016 - 08:13 AM, said:

In regards to the region? I only connect to North American servers, or U.S. East or West if I have to depending on what game I'm playing.

Server routing issues tend to affect Australian players the most, you seem to be in North America (guessing based upon your server preferences). Most US players don't have an issue, especially not consistent issues... Are you using WiFi? Don't use WiFi if you can help it, it aggravates packet loss issues (you can have great ping, but if you are losing packets left and right than you might as well not have a connection at all).

#23 Xoxim SC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 454 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 08:26 AM

View PostEscef, on 10 April 2016 - 08:23 AM, said:

Server routing issues tend to affect Australian players the most, you seem to be in North America (guessing based upon your server preferences). Most US players don't have an issue, especially not consistent issues... Are you using WiFi? Don't use WiFi if you can help it, it aggravates packet loss issues (you can have great ping, but if you are losing packets left and right than you might as well not have a connection at all).

Yes I'm in the North American region, and everything is hardwired. For the most part my ping avg. around 20-25 during peek hours, and 10-15 during off hours.

#24 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 10 April 2016 - 08:32 AM

View PostTodd Lightbringer, on 10 April 2016 - 08:26 AM, said:

Yes I'm in the North American region, and everything is hardwired. For the most part my ping avg. around 20-25 during peek hours, and 10-15 during off hours.

Ok, from the sounds of it you're in the Northeast US or Eastern Canada. Net infrastructure isn't the issue... Have you checked your graphics drivers? Are they up to date, or are they new drivers with known issues?

Another thing to check would be your RAM usage, MWO is MUCH more demanding of your RAM and CPU than your graphics card.

#25 Xoxim SC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 454 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 10:33 AM

View PostEscef, on 10 April 2016 - 08:32 AM, said:

Ok, from the sounds of it you're in the Northeast US or Eastern Canada. Net infrastructure isn't the issue... Have you checked your graphics drivers? Are they up to date, or are they new drivers with known issues?

Another thing to check would be your RAM usage, MWO is MUCH more demanding of your RAM and CPU than your graphics card.

All my drivers are up to date, and I've been playing The Division in 4k with no issues, and no disconnects. Been playing a host of other games with quite literally 0 issues.

#26 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 10 April 2016 - 10:40 AM

View PostTodd Lightbringer, on 10 April 2016 - 10:33 AM, said:

All my drivers are up to date, and I've been playing The Division in 4k with no issues, and no disconnects. Been playing a host of other games with quite literally 0 issues.

I'd suggest contacting PGI's tech support. Might take tehm a couple days for them to get a dialog going with you, but i've heard they're really good at fixing stuff like this... Though, before you contact them, have you tried swapping between 32/64 bit clients and DX 9/11? Certain combinations work better for some people than others.

#27 Tordin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 10 April 2016 - 10:41 AM

Odd disconnects happened frustratingly often to me in CW/ FW before, now its fine. Seems you have to run the maps in testing grounds first to test if they crash there, oh and the repair tool didnt say anything were wrong.

Havent had disconnects in PUG, just some stuttering, slight lag in the beginning of some matches. And Im only playing on European servers which are the best and closest for me.

#28 Marmon Rzohr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 769 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in the universe, probably

Posted 10 April 2016 - 10:52 AM

I have experienced occasional issues as well. Have no idea what might be the cause.

It seems very unlikely to be me or the OP because there have been many, many matches since the last patch in which at least 1 or 2 people failed to connect or crashed (usually right at the start).

I even had one match (on Canyon Network) where the game got stuck on the loading screen for too long, I noticed something was off, opened the Task Manager, closed the game, reopened to find myself and two others in match with 9 DCs on our side and 8 or 9 on the enemy side. People slowly started connecting, turned into a game of "defend your helpless teammates until they can reconnect". Was an interesting battle - but it does show that there are issues with the current game build either on the client or the server side.

#29 Xoxim SC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 454 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 11:06 AM

View PostEscef, on 10 April 2016 - 10:40 AM, said:

I'd suggest contacting PGI's tech support. Might take tehm a couple days for them to get a dialog going with you, but i've heard they're really good at fixing stuff like this... Though, before you contact them, have you tried swapping between 32/64 bit clients and DX 9/11? Certain combinations work better for some people than others.

I actually went from the 64 bit client down to the 32 bit client since I read some people were having issues, and had hoped that would helped. Alas it has not. I haven't tried swapping down to DX9 though, might give that a whirl and see if it helps. I actually just got disconnected while in the mech lab a few minutes ago -_-

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users