How Many Teams Have A Real Chance To Win?

11 replies to this topic

#1 XX Sulla XX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 03:23 AM

OK so question for fun. How many teams really have a chance to with this. 7ish?

What do you think?

#2 _____

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 742 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 03:48 AM

Kind of like any real professional sports league though.

#3 Rushin Roulette

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 April 2016 - 04:22 AM

Realistically? It can go absolutely any way. The team with the best players plus long term retention of droppers will win.

With the length of this tournament (May or June till December! ) the players will not only have to be consistently good (any small mistake will be punished immediately and can lead to the end of the Tournament. But also if a team can not field 8 players on a given date (can easily happen with teams of less than 12 players if one or more are on holiday, sick or at work) they will forfeit the Tournament and drop out, even if they could beat the opponents 7vs8.

This means that even top teams may drop out easily, no matter how great they are.

#4 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 02:54 PM

There can be only one!

#5 TheSilken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  • LocationLost in The Warp

Posted 11 April 2016 - 04:46 PM

EMP and SJR are practically guaranteed to win this tourny. Each of these units has enough people for 2 very solid teams in the tournament. Other than that only Lords, 1 team from 228, SRS, and probably Black Spike Mercs have any real chance of winning any prize money. The rest are just filler.

Of course rl issues could completely erase this list since PGI rules regarding team size are so poorly thought out.

Edited by TheSilken, 11 April 2016 - 04:50 PM.

#6 mrpetzold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 145 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 05:06 PM

I would say that there are teams that on a really really good day could give EMP/SJR issues and maybe even beat them. 228th, SRS, AS, BSMC, Lords, EON are probably those teams. But they would need to beat both, and that makes it really hard. It is hard to actually know where JGx stands, since they dont really get any real competition in AP-region.

EMP/SJR definetly have the pressure on them, and they are big favorites for a reason. But over a 6 months period alot can happend. If they are more unlucky in RL compared to the other good teams (like 3-4 of their best players unable for some matches) could create a big surprise though.

#7 UberStuka

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 277 posts
  • LocationBRANDON, MISSISSIPPI

Posted 11 April 2016 - 06:00 PM

if its single elimination we are talking what? 5-7 wins to be in the finals? Currently around 100 teams registered. Maybe 150-200 by the deadline???

#8 XX Sulla XX

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 07:22 PM

Honestly I wish they had a way to do ranked groups like MRBC.

#9 Crockdaddy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 13 April 2016 - 07:02 AM

I think its a bit more complicated than simply SJR / EMP. Each team has well over 12 members. I'd expect the extras to fracture onto other teams or form new teams just for this tournament. Plus there are quite a few great players whom will form teams just for the tourney which will have unexpected impact in many matches. Do I think SJR / EMP carry more weight, sure that is obvious but depending on the final format of this tournament I could see anything happening.

#10 XX Sulla XX

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 05:44 PM

View PostCrockdaddy, on 13 April 2016 - 07:02 AM, said:

I think its a bit more complicated than simply SJR / EMP. Each team has well over 12 members. I'd expect the extras to fracture onto other teams or form new teams just for this tournament. Plus there are quite a few great players whom will form teams just for the tourney which will have unexpected impact in many matches. Do I think SJR / EMP carry more weight, sure that is obvious but depending on the final format of this tournament I could see anything happening.

Well I would count all A,B,C teams of EMP, SJR, AS, Lords as still part of the unit. Besides the A teams will probably win.

#11 Crockdaddy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 14 April 2016 - 03:06 AM

View PostXX Sulla XX, on 13 April 2016 - 05:44 PM, said:

Well I would count all A,B,C teams of EMP, SJR, AS, Lords as still part of the unit. Besides the A teams will probably win.

I think it would be pretty cool to see multiple teams formed even out of the traditional power comp units. NS has three teams formed right now and are looking for EU partners to fill out the EU team.

#12 Shikata nai

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 05:42 AM

As Lords EMP and BSMC are often also mixed up between each other concerning different leagues I would think they will form some kind of new Team constisting of their best players. How it will be named does not matter - but I think they will have the best chance.
Besides that SJR / AS and maybe EON if they last that long might have a decent chance.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users