2 Week Review Build Criteque

7 replies to this topic

#1 Hollywood9191

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 03:55 PM

So im getting alot better after two weeks and have a battlemaster that I like. I was a huge fan of the old mechawarrior game on pc back in the 90s. I really would like everyones opinion on my build as i really would like to hear from some experts. Please do not feel bad if it sucks. I really need the advice so be blunt and tell me if its a pos.

I have all the upgrade for the armor, the heat sinks, and the artemis.

On the right arm i have 56 armor lrm 20 artemis and two lrm artemis ammo. All slots are full
On the right torso i have 64 armor front 8 back and then ams with ams ammo double heat sink, case, and then medium laser. all slots are full
on the head i have the command consul
on the left torso i have double heat sink , tag, case, and lrm 15 artemis.
Left arm has two artmeis ammo slots. all the rest are full.
My engine is xl 340.

No slots are open tonage is only 74.5/85.

What needs to change. I only have one laser once the missles run out.

And my final question. Whats the best way to get alot of cbills and xp. Im trying to get the avandced zoom but I am not getting enough.I will get like 344 damage per match but only get 94k cbills and like 200xp.

Is there a campaign mode or more of the tutorial i havent done? i keep seeing all these people with like 10 million cbills and 30k xp.

Any help would be appreciated thanks guys.

I would really like to save up for a dire wolf or king crab.

#2 Dirty Starfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 477 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 11:14 AM

Do not use ferro fibrous armor and you will get more slots. If you take off endo steel you will get even more slots. These two take up slots in exchange for dropping your weight.

#3 Cifrer

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 74 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 11:22 AM

You can get a couple mil cbills from doing the mechwarrior academy stuff.

#4 Wedge Red Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 103 posts
  • LocationYavin 5

Posted 11 April 2016 - 03:42 PM

First off, welcome back mechwarrior Posted Image

Now straight to business. Being "blunt" you have created a fairly bad LRM boat. It could be worse. The good thing is you picked a great mech as your first one. And LRMs are good for new players like yourself. That said, they become less effective as you move up the ranks. And honestly you won't sport better damage numbers until you move away from LRMs.

Anyway where to really start with the advice. Well, first you really need to learn how to use Smurfy's. Just to many details get left out if you don't. For example, you didn't mention the variant of the Battlemaster you have. But I figure it pretty much has the be the 1S. And in the current version of MWO the variant is important due to the "quirks".

The build I'm suggesting isn't a super uber build, but it is a good build to get you going. Running a Battlemaster without several lasers is really gimping it. Also, as a personal preference I basically never run artemis, because the numbers don't make it worth space or tonnage. That said, some people really feel it makes the (a) build. On IS mechs I generally use as many LRM5s as I can, if you chain fire 4 of them the guy on the other end is generally hating his life choices Posted Image Because it is just a prelude to the big slap with the 3 LLs.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...9fe3ddfde1879cb

And before I go, the advanced zoom is a trap! Every newbie looks at it, and is like yes sounds good and is ready "achievable" for me. NO!!! Use your GXP and money for the "Radar Depervation" module. This is a must, don't even think about any other module first. Seriously, you can thank me later.

Hit me up in game or what ever if you want more help.

Edited by Wedge Red Leader, 11 April 2016 - 03:55 PM.

#5 Tordin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 11 April 2016 - 03:50 PM

Lrms are effective for all. Its simply who and how you use them. And if you got tag and some narcer buddies. Lurmers along with their surmer cousins for example can be a very deadly combo.

Also xl engines... I dont know how well the Battlemaster perform, never had one, only driven a trial variant for just testing it out. As long as the BM have very good hitboxes, I guess it can survive long enough with heavy weaponry to make a solid difference.
Lose one side torso and boom. It might work for the Battlemaster assault, but for an Atlas, its mostly (99%) chance to be a death sentence, you are just way to slow even with xl. In an Atlas its about tanking, worse than bringin lrm on it, though can be smart in certain big open map situations.

#6 Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 04:01 PM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...85c4911ab795699

#7 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 12 April 2016 - 12:14 PM

I am not a fan of the lrm 20, but then, I'm not a huge fan of Artemis either. Were I to try to spruce up your build, keeping to the vision I get from your opening post, I'd come up with,,,, This BLR-1S.

A bit light on the ammo, an it'll run too hot to fire lrms and lasers, but it'll be one gloriously annoying lrm platform until the ammo bins run dry. Which they will after too long. But hey, four lases! I think it could work out for the short term, teach you how to conserve and spend ammo wisely.

Good luck out there. <o.

~Leone.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users