25 replies to this topic

#21 Jaroth Corbett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,256 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 14 July 2012 - 03:47 PM

I always go with either ASUS or MSI. Using an ASUS now. It's old but it has worked flawlessly for the past few years.

#22 Holywind

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted 14 July 2012 - 03:48 PM

View PostManDaisy, on 14 July 2012 - 03:37 PM, said:

nailed it, the problem was the IGPU mulit monitor thing, disabled that and now I boot up fine. Dont need IGPU anyway I'm using a dedicated card.

I have the Virtu MVP enabled but with the D-GPU option. AFAIK it allows the discrete GPU to run with the integrated GPU.

#23 Odins Fist

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,111 posts
  • LocationThe North

Posted 14 July 2012 - 04:04 PM

Weird, most times the BIOS setting for Internal (onboard graphics) doesn't throw a problem like that once you have installed a Video Card, but I "ALWAYS" disable the (onboard graphics) in Bios after a Video Card & Driver installation anyway on next start up..
I haven't bought a MOBO with onboard graphics in years... What Video Card are you running..??

#24 ManDaisy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationKing Of Flower Beds

Posted 14 July 2012 - 04:13 PM

Radeon 7850 , but the thing is its fresh built so the card drivers arn't installed yet. Might be the cause of the problem. Anyways disable after card install, disable before card installed, its disabled now anyways.

Radeon 6990 looks good on specs but I discovered that after I already bought my 7850. Ah well.

#25 Odins Fist

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,111 posts
  • LocationThe North

Posted 14 July 2012 - 04:13 PM

Congrats

#26 Antagonist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 July 2012 - 04:20 PM

Wow. Can you try including even less relevant information in your next tech support thread?

Sorry, but I had to say that.

There are an estimated 20+ ASRock board models that are recent enough to be yours. These can fit about 50 different CPUs, not counting the gazillion other devices you can choose from in regards to graphics etc.
Your OP would've caused exasperation and annoyance on a dedicated tech support board, and I'm honestly not trying to offend you here.

Also, you guys are aware ASRock was spun off from ASUS for the growing OEM market? Never had any problems with ASRock boards myself, though I have to admit I sold my last one in '06 or so. Maybe their quality went down the drain after that.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users