#1 Shino Tenshi

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 67 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 April 2016 - 03:05 PM

Hey all,

Now that Phase 3 is nearly upon us and will be implementing ways for units to spend their coffers, I thought I'd put out a few ideas for further implementations to spend the coffers on to defend the planets you've taken. I think all of them would work well in the context of various upgrade levels which have an exponential cost to each further upgrade level.

Increase number of turrets - The more levels, the more turrets are available to help defend the base.

Increase turret firepower - The higher the level, the bigger the arsenal at each turret's disposal

Increase turret armor - Each level increases the amount of damage turrets can take

The above three could be combined into a general "increase turret power" or the like as well

Dropship upgrade - Increase the drop tonnage maximum limits slightly per level

Further zone increases - This idea is already being implemented according to Russ in phase 3 as an option to add two more zones, but I think PGI's current idea could be expanded to add further levels to this upgrade option.

Increase gate armor and/or generator armor - Either separate or combined, so that gates/generators take more damage to kill

I think that covers it for now... I thought I had another idea or two, but can't remember them at the moment. I think starting the levels at a lower cost would be nice, but higher levels should have a significant cost to them so that if a unit really wants to have the extra defenses to make it significantly harder to take the planet, they'll really have to pay for it.

Any thoughts on these ideas?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users