Faction Warfare - Factory Capture & In Match Repair/rearm (New Game Mode/dynamic)

No replies to this topic

#1 Shino Tenshi

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 67 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 April 2016 - 03:51 PM

Hey all,

While I'd love to see some sort of full blown FW logistics/economy in the future, I realize at best that's many years away, if it will ever happen. But lately I've been thinking of an idea to help add at least some feel along those lines that builds off of the soon to arrive Scout Mode game mode/dynamic that Phase 3 will bring next week.

Basically the idea is to have some sort of game mode which would have a dynamic battle over mine/factory/etc planetary resources which would allow access to a repair/rearm dynamic to one faction, similar to how the new Scout mode will provide information/artillery fire to one faction.

Again, similar to the upcoming Scout mode, I was thinking a tug-of-war type dynamic of up to three or four levels would work well for this as well.

Level 1 would provide the ability to replenish your consumables.

Level 2 would provide the ability to replenish your ammo.

Level 3 would provide the ability to perform repairs on your mech if it was the max level or perhaps armor and/or internal structure only repairs if there were a fourth level

Level 4, if it existed, could provide critical slot damage repairs as well for repairing destroyed weapons/equipment

I think it would be a good idea to have some sort of C-Bill cost to the rearming/repairs. At least an equivalent cost of consumable modules should be had to in match replacements. Ammo replacement costs could probably safely run at something like half costs of mounting a slot in the mech. Armor, internal, and equipment repair costs would have to be figured out for balance.

As for how to initiate the repairs, I was thinking there could be some set number of repair pods placed inside the defenders base and some sort of mobile field unit with some repair pods at the attackers drop zone. Possibility exists for either having the pods destroyable or not.

I see it as something you would pilot your mech into, power down to start repairs/rearming, and then power up to stop the repairs. The power down/up cycle I think should be delayed by a significant amount of time (say 10 or 15 seconds) to make it so a player would have to time his rearm/repairs and to allow for some surprise light attacks to take advantage for gameplay value. While the power down/up cycle is going on, no repairs/rearm take place, only during the middle, when thematically whatever automated equipment doing the repairs is in place working on the mech.

There could be some sort of set rate of repair/rearm as well... X number of seconds per ton of ammo, X seconds per point of armor/internal structure, X seconds per damaged part being replaced, etc.

What does everyone think of this sort of new game mode and dynamic?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users