Burst Fire On Lrm

4 replies to this topic

Poll: Burst my LRM! (5 member(s) have cast votes)

make sense?

1. yes (1 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

2. no (4 votes [80.00%])

Percentage of vote: 80.00%

3. I don't care (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Exbe

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 102 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 11:15 PM

Let us have burst mode for LRMs.

For instance if you have LRM15 on your mech', you can switch it into LRM5/LRM10 and LRM15 mode.

Thoughts?

caveat:
1) heat/dmg should be changed accordingly (no issues here I suppose), except heat
2) key bindings can be nightmare. Suppose you have LRM15 and LRM10...
3) modules. How LRM20 range module will affect LRM20 in burst 5 mode? I think it should be constant regardless current burst mode

Edited by Exbe, 13 April 2016 - 11:18 PM.

#2 Jaqir

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 92 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 04:47 AM

"A cool feature perhaps, but serving a very marginal purpose and usefulness" I thought, before realising how much fun I'd probably have in my Mauler 1R with double LRM15 + Autocannon support, firing the lurms as LRM5 spam.

Though that probably doesn't change my original sentiment about such a thing being somewhat marginal in usefulness...

#3 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 14 April 2016 - 07:22 AM

Interesting idea. I'd like to think about this one some more.

#4 Exbe

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 102 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 08:14 PM

I think my though was generated after one match, where I had 2 LRM20 on my mech. Most of the time I was looking for a good position/target. And then you are out of the game for 6.5 seconds. Even with chain fire you have really low tempo game in general. You kinda forced to keep long distance between you and your target, because even assaults will quickly move close to you.

I am sure , it will be more fun with this feature. Switch from 2 x LRM20 to 8 x LRM5 with 3.5 seconds of delay.

OMG.

This will never be implemented Posted Image , since it ruins an idea about amount of hardpoints.
Think about large laser, which you might want to switch to 1.5 medium or 3 small lasers.

#5 VinJade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 12:48 AM

@EX
they could always just create a new LRM type that only comes in the 15 rack would weigh the same as if it had the Art system installed, costing three times* as much, giving it more heat, and the ammo being different and maybe give it less rounds, maybe 10% - 20% less rounds per ton, while also limiting it to maybe one or two racks at most and no other LRM rack can be used**.

*This is because you are getting three LRM types in one rack.
**Doing this would force the player to pick one or the other.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users