Radar Help / Positioning Ping

4 replies to this topic

#1 CptnHero

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 32 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 05:23 AM

Couldn´t find it yet in the forum, but what about a ping key that pings the position of your mech on your teammates radar / compass.

If you call for help, you don´t have to search for your position on your radar. You just call for help, press the key, and your mates see the ping and can react faster, because they see your position in half a second.

I could have needed this feature a few times by now.

#2 Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 07:06 AM

This would be a great addition to "info warfare" type mechs!

Like a light scout could do that or a command assault... Idk maybe pgi can play with the idea!

#3 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 01:13 AM

Consider it supported by me as well. I keep finding Light Mechs poking their lasers up my Assault's rear. <_<

~Mr. D. V. "Sick of that uncomfortable feeling..." Devnull

#4 MechWarrior849305

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 01:18 AM

Like anyone would come to help anyway Posted Image Give them that button they ask, let 'em have some fun with "pingflooding" our minimaps, whateverPosted Image

#5 D V Devnull

• 4,268 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 01:40 AM

View PostMechWarrior849305, on 16 April 2016 - 01:18 AM, said:

Like anyone would come to help anyway Posted Image Give them that button they ask, let 'em have some fun with "pingflooding" our minimaps, whateverPosted Image

Actually, I suspect they might come to help if they got a ping. There's been a few times that I threw up a UAV when I was being backflanked by a Light Mech while I was in a Heavy or Assault. Thankfully, I got some rather quick support that helped save the whole match, because the team didn't lose my firepower. :o

~D. V. "There might actually be some sanity/usefulness in having pinging..." Devnull

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users