13 replies to this topic

#1 For Whom The Bell Tolls

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 36 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 08:02 AM

Hi all, it's me. again. Posted Image

I am building a faction team and ATM I have 5 Marauders, 1 Enforcer and 2 Ravens.
My team is
-Marauder with 2 ER PPC and 5 med pls lasers
-Marauder with 3 AC/5, 4 med lasers, AMS, jumpjets
-Marauder with 1 ER PPC, 2x LRM 10, 4 med lasers, AMS, jumpjets
-Raven with 1 SRM 6 and 3 med lasers

I can play almost everywhere, all mechs are pretty fast and well equipped, but I am asking myself if would not be better have at least an assault mech and build a team with a Battlemaster or Banshee and build my team in something like:
Marauder, Battlemaster/Banshee, Enforcer, Raven.
the Enforcer is equipped with ER PPC, LB 10X, 3 med lasers, AMS.

I know, probably it's boring for expert players take care of a newbie, but I need suggestions.
The only think I can tell U to have an idea of my gameplay type is that I am a bit too static. I mean, I'm not a seeker, I don't make ambushes and I'm not a great runner...

THX a lot guyz, feel free to suggest me any kind of advice.
Posted Image

#2 His Holiness Pope Buster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 261 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 08:34 AM

Check out metamechs.com. It's a good starting point.

#3 LegendaryArticuno

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 664 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 08:41 AM

Stop being such a hipster.

Edited by LegendaryArticuno, 17 April 2016 - 08:41 AM.

#4 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,063 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 17 April 2016 - 08:47 AM

Mobility is the best armor you can have. Moving up to assault won't necessarily extend your life.

Marauders are fine, PPCs are not. Large pulse lasers are the dominant energy weapon currently.

#5 For Whom The Bell Tolls

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 36 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 08:50 AM

View PostLegendaryArticuno, on 17 April 2016 - 08:41 AM, said:

Stop being such a hipster.

what "Stop being such a hipster." means?

#6 zagibu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 11:13 AM

I think you already got quite a fine deck there. Marauders are pretty nice, because they have a good frontal profile that allows you to spread damage by only slightly shaking your head. Same for the Raven.

If you prefer long distance, you might want to check out the 2xERLL Raven with ECM.

#7 Triordinant

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 17 April 2016 - 11:21 AM

#8 Homeskilit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 523 posts
  • LocationFlanking

Posted 17 April 2016 - 02:46 PM

View PostFor Whom The Bell Tolls, on 17 April 2016 - 08:02 AM, said:

Not possible

#9 ShinobiHunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 17 April 2016 - 03:07 PM

View PostFor Whom The Bell Tolls, on 17 April 2016 - 08:50 AM, said:

what "Stop being such a hipster." means?

He means to use more standard Meta builds for your mechs. Ditching the LRM's and switching from PPC's to LPL's for starters.

#10 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,715 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 17 April 2016 - 03:36 PM

Yeah people always want to discount LRM's until they're rain on your arse.
Go figure.

#11 Random Carnage

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 946 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 17 April 2016 - 08:17 PM

I love it when a plan comes together.

#12 Ace Selin

• 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 17 April 2016 - 08:57 PM

If that drop deck works for you fine. Marauders are decent enough mechs and id rather 3/4 really viable mechs than say dropping in 2 Atlas and 2 lights.

#13 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 17 April 2016 - 09:23 PM

View PostNovakaine, on 17 April 2016 - 03:36 PM, said:

Yeah people always want to discount LRM's until they're rain on your arse.
Go figure.

Rain is fine, but getting killed by them rarely happens if ever.

#14 Lykaon

• 3,815 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 10:29 PM

View PostFor Whom The Bell Tolls, on 17 April 2016 - 08:02 AM, said:

Hi all, it's me. again. Posted Image

I am building a faction team and ATM I have 5 Marauders, 1 Enforcer and 2 Ravens.
My team is
-Raven with 1 SRM 6 and 3 med lasers

I can play almost everywhere, all mechs are pretty fast and well equipped, but I am asking myself if would not be better have at least an assault mech and build a team with a Battlemaster or Banshee and build my team in something like:
Marauder, Battlemaster/Banshee, Enforcer, Raven.
the Enforcer is equipped with ER PPC, LB 10X, 3 med lasers, AMS.

I know, probably it's boring for expert players take care of a newbie, but I need suggestions.
The only think I can tell U to have an idea of my gameplay type is that I am a bit too static. I mean, I'm not a seeker, I don't make ambushes and I'm not a great runner...

THX a lot guyz, feel free to suggest me any kind of advice.
Posted Image

Your first marauder seems like it's going to be way to hot.

Your second marauder can not exists because the 3R model has the three ballistic hardpoints but lacks jumpjets.

Third marauder looks like too much compromise to excel at anything.

That being said here are some suggestions.

I assume the 3R having jets was a mistake and it's realy 3 AC5s and 4 medium lasers. This is a solid build used one myself for a while but I eventually replaced 1 AC5 with an AC2 to fee up tonnage for ammo. I found myself out lasting my ammo supply so sacrificed a smidge of front loaded damage for longevity. DPS wise it's nearly identicle Smurfy has 3x AC5 at 4.39 DPS and 2x AC5 1x AC2 at 4.4 DPS.

My best performing Marauder is my BH2. Nothing fancy it has 5 medium lasers (2 per arm 1 in the head) and an AC20 with 4 tons ammo with jumpjets 300 engine endo steel and near max armor. The KO punch of the 20 class cannon is what makes this mech a finisher. A similar build can be made on a 5M marauder (only lacking in the head energy hardpoint) you would need to put laser 5 on the left arm.

As for LRMs on the marauder. If you must do this (and I do not recomend it because the marauder is such a fantasic brawling chassis that SRMs just make more sense) I would not compromise the build by trying to be more than an effective LRM carrier.

An LRM marauder should end up being a lot like a very durable Catapult. (I have not played an LRM Marauder so this is theory crafting)

4 medium lasers 2 per arm,TAG in the RT BAP 2 jump jets, 2 Artemis LRM 15 racks with 7 tons of LRM ammo. This mech uses a 300 standard engine and endo steel. You may opt to remove the artemis systems for more ammo or heat sinks to better match your play style.

I would instead use the 5D as a brawler with something simple yet effective. 3 large pulse lasers and 2 SRM4s 3 jump jets 300 standard engine endo steel and ferro armor 14 dhs near cap armor.

I don't have much to say about enforcers. I don't own any.

Ravens though...I have piloted ravens since they were released. The 3L is the obvious winner for loadouts with ECM.

I use mine exclusivley as a recon and spotting platform. It doesn't pack much firepower but that isn't what it's built for.

3 medium lasers 2x NARC 2 tons NARC ammo,ECM, ferro and endo 280XL. is my spotter platform.

Pure combat loadout for the 3L is the same mech with the NARCs and ammo replaced by 2 SRM4s 2 tons SRM ammo and 2 additional Dubs.

Another comat purposed Raven is for the 2X. This also uses endo and ferrro, a 275XL (largest engine it can have) and 10 dubs. it has 2 large lasers and an SRM4 with 1 ton ammo. You have some choices here. You can opt for ER large lasers if you are ok on heat management. Also you can opt to have the twin lasers in either the right arm or the left torso. If you use the torso mount then strip the armor off the arms (12 armor per arm). If you opt for the arm mounted lasers strip all the armor off the unused arm and max out the laser armed arm.

My third Raven is the Huginn (Hue Yin if you ever wondered how to say it) That loadout is 2 SRM4 4 tons SRM ammo 4 x MGs 1.5 tons MG ammo 2 jump jets 280XL ferro and endo 10 dubs. I removed 4 points of armor off each arm to shave the weight to fit everything.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users