#81 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 08 March 2019 - 01:12 PM

Bringing this back!

If someone wants to get all lore-y on these mechs that would be great, but I would love if we could cover some additional Clan omnis that have yet to be released!

#82 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 01:52 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 17 April 2016 - 11:16 AM, said:

Did you read the whole post about the Kingfisher? It could be a solid tank that still has a scary enough alpha strike to matter. (54-61 damage)

For somebody who wants the Linebacker, I'm surprised you would write off the Kingfisher for not having enough firepower. To be honest, I think the Kingfisher would actually arguably be more useful than the Turkina in most situations.

I think your right. You only need 40 tons if your boating bit ballistics, if it is a laser boat, you can do alot with 24 tons. I mean with a 360 engine you start with 14 DHS so that is a good base of DHS for heat management purposes and even adding a half dozen more DHS still leaves you with 18 tons of lasers if you want it.

#83 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 08 March 2019 - 02:26 PM

View PostAngel of Annihilation, on 08 March 2019 - 01:52 PM, said:

I think your right. You only need 40 tons if your boating bit ballistics, if it is a laser boat, you can do alot with 24 tons. I mean with a 360 engine you start with 14 DHS so that is a good base of DHS for heat management purposes and even adding a half dozen more DHS still leaves you with 18 tons of lasers if you want it.

It actually has 17 DHS then 24 tons of podspace Posted Image

#84 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 08 March 2019 - 05:38 PM

I guess that after the CXL nerfs the appeal of the Kingfish might be increased a bit because it doesn't have to suffer that penalty (cuz STD engine).

Same goes for the 55-ton Stooping Hawk which also uses a STD engine.

#85 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,074 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 09:06 PM

i have nothing against the kingfisher. i see that std engine and i dont see an impediment, i see something different. all those xl engine omnis lined up in a row. its a stand out. every time i see a new mechpack come out i look at it and say, 'this looks a lot like *insert mech from my inventory here* can do what that one does. meh, no sale.' *points at dervish*

mech packs dont really add anything to the game any more unless there is some new hardpoint inflation, higher hardpoints, maybe it can mount a previously unobtainable loadout, new equipment, new quirks or anything out of the ordinary. if you are going to keep the primary focus on mechpacks you are better off doing mechs that give players some new source of novelty. kingfisher falls into that category and should be done.

Edited by LordNothing, 08 March 2019 - 09:07 PM.

#86 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 02:00 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 08 March 2019 - 02:26 PM, said:

It actually has 17 DHS then 24 tons of podspace Posted Image

Even better. If you can't come up with a decent build out of 24 tons of Pod Space, using Clan weapons, when you have 17 DHS to start the show with, I think your pretty much a lost cause at this game to be honest.

#87 FLG 01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 02:28 PM

View PostFupDup, on 08 March 2019 - 05:38 PM, said:

Same goes for the 55-ton Stooping Hawk which also uses a STD engine.

I would definitely want to see Clan Mechs with fixed STD engines. Most of the Clan Mechs work as glass cannons, but Kingfisher and Stooping Hawk are the opposite. Properly quirked they would embiggen the Clan selection of Mechs in a sensible way.
Not only that, the Stooping Hawk could be the ultimate zombie with its centerline hardpoints. Zombies are not fashionable anymore for a reason but still it represents a new level of zombie.

Also, it is amusing how people irrationally hate fixed STD engines on Clan Mechs just as much as they irrationally hate XL engines on IS Omnis.

#88 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 09 March 2019 - 02:36 PM

View PostFLG 01, on 09 March 2019 - 02:28 PM, said:

I would definitely want to see Clan Mechs with fixed STD engines. Most of the Clan Mechs work as glass cannons, but Kingfisher and Stooping Hawk are the opposite. Properly quirked they would embiggen the Clan selection of Mechs in a sensible way.
Not only that, the Stooping Hawk could be the ultimate zombie with its centerline hardpoints. Zombies are not fashionable anymore for a reason but still it represents a new level of zombie.

Also, it is amusing how people irrationally hate fixed STD engines on Clan Mechs just as much as they irrationally hate XL engines on IS Omnis.

The Stoopid Hawk only gets 1E in the CT and 1E in the head for zombie weapons, and that CT laser is restricted to 1 slot because of a JJ locked in there (not locked in BT, but locked because of PGI's own rule change). I guess a double ERLL zombie could be funny.

Posted Image

#89 FLG 01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 02:39 PM

View PostFupDup, on 09 March 2019 - 02:36 PM, said:

I guess a double ERLL zombie could be funny.

Exactly. Add some ML to the other hardpoints (or whatever you wish), do damage with them, and always have the fallback option of using the centerline LL. Could be fun; definitely something unusual for the Clans.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users