Faction Play Immersion Suggestion

1 reply to this topic

#1 DeathWaffle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 102 posts
  • LocationJupiter

Posted 19 April 2016 - 02:03 PM

HI I read somewhere that in the near future we would be able to salvage enemy mechs in CW, well here's my suggestion: when entering the enemy mech, you keep your helmet and visor so the HUD look and color stays the same whether is be clan or IS mechs

Imagine not having a choice but to change mechs, morale is low, your proud Jagermech is anything less than cored and the enemy mech only has the pilot dead, so the switch is obvious and at the very least you dont get to have the HUD cross-contaminated

Edit: elaborating

Edited by DeathWaffle, 19 April 2016 - 03:51 PM.

#2 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 04:19 PM

DeathWaffle, as exciting as commandeering enemy mechs can be...

What they actually mean is you can earn additional funds or potentially 'equipment' (i.e. weapons, ammo, etc. to put into your inventory) as a tally of the overall remnants of the enemy force and their state of repair at the time of the mission's completion (so the more efficiently you kill them and/or the more you leave alive when you win would effectively increase your potential income when they surrender).

Whether it equates like that or not is another story, but in terms of Battletech / Mechwarrior, salvage is scrap collecting, not Grand Theft Mech. Sadly.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users