Should I Stick With The Atlas?

2 replies to this topic

#1 Starbomber109

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 387 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 09:22 PM

A long time ago, I purchased an intro pack that came with two champion mechs, an Atlas, and a Centurion. I loved the cent, one of my favorite mechs now, totally elited it...the Atlas has just been gathering dust with 40k experience on it or something. Now I'm wondering, should I buy two more atlases, and master the chassis, or should I drop it and go for the battle master or banshee. I feel like the banshee might be more my style as it has a variety of builds and doesn't get slapped into only one role like the Atlas does. However, the Atlas is my favorite assault mech, and I don't want to sell a champion mech. Before I gather up enough c-bills for either one, what should I do? Master out the Atlas? Or convert the XP and start over? If I do go for the Atlas, I am definitely going for the D-DC, and probably the S, but I may go for the D since it has some options. I already have the champion RS. It's OK...first mech I did 1k damage in! But, all the Atlas variants are brawlers and I've gotten quite bored of the playstyle.

#2 Captain Alt F4

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 65 posts
  • LocationDesktop

Posted 18 April 2016 - 09:32 PM

I know you are bored of brawling but:

Buy the Atlas DDC and S.

DDC equip with ECM, Ac20, 3SRM 6's, 2 ML, and a STD340

The S is the mean machine of brawling: AC20, 4 SRM6's, 2ML, STD 340. Don't bother about Artemis - these mechs are supposed to be in your face. As a brawler it really can't be beaten. When you want that 100T brawler you'll have one.

In saying that, the banshee is more versatile (That's why I have both) I use Banshees for Mid-long range and Atlases for short range. The 4LPL wubshee, or the tripple AC5, 2xLPL/PPC are both great mechs.

Edited by Captain Alt F4, 18 April 2016 - 09:33 PM.

#3 Ingga Raokai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 239 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 19 April 2016 - 11:41 PM

View PostStarbomber109, on 18 April 2016 - 09:22 PM, said:

A long time ago,... playstyle.

View PostCaptain Alt F4, on 18 April 2016 - 09:32 PM, said:

.. a STD340

People usually get 350 instead of 340. Some might push 360, but I think 350 is just right.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users