Okay. So Let's All Calm Down A Sec.

175 replies to this topic

#1 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 03:57 PM

If we take a step back in think there's some good stuff here. Really good stuff.

Concerns -

Solo loyalist exploit to control voting.

Solo queue flipping planets so sync dropping solo queue let's you flip worlds without facing units.

Value of spoils of war not driving unit v unit action.

Long Tom a bit much.

Honestly? Not bad. Not ideal, but not bad. Those are fixable.

What we need to look at is how to fix them I would say no vote for solo loyalists and solo queue works like scouting queue, giving benefits to flipping planet. Maybe every 3 wins over losses in solo queue adds 1 box to the total? So like a reinforcement?

Rewards and units... how about you get more reward for a tag you've taken? Perhaps bonuses based on leaderboard position of relative teams? So it makes a "pseudorank" for your team based on relative scoreboard value of players on each team. Much like how Elo rank changes but for the payout. So playing better opponents pays better.

So put down some positives and recommend some fixes we can tweet to PGI.

Edited by MischiefSC, 19 April 2016 - 04:00 PM.

#2 ccrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 04:08 PM

Calm discussion is for real life. These are the MW:o forums; in here it's pitchfork and torch time 24/7. My suggestion is just orbital strike everything! I haven't even patched yet but I'll just chalk the month up to fail and ignore any evidence that contradicts that view. ;)

#3 keith

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 04:12 PM

u forgot freelancer kinda blows. after an hour of playing not 1 12v12 match. the lack of the "faction" bonus makes playing it almost pointless.

#4 Adamski

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,071 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 April 2016 - 04:13 PM

Couple BIG mistakes PGI made:

Faction populations are determined by total players, not active players. WTF

Faction voting has no weighting to give active players a bigger voice than alt account spam. (maybe disable voting until a pilot completes their 10 probation matches)

Combine Mercenaries and Free Lancers, let Mercs earn the MP wherever they fight, and let them fight wherever they are needed. Free Lancers should be the same as Mercenaries, but without a unit.

Scouting -

Having the tonnage be between 20-55 tons means each player that drops in a 20t mech is punishing the team by reducing total team tonnage by 16%. WTF

Implementing this mode with the 55t cap, means that cXL engines and cSSRM6 are extremely valuable. Everyone predicted it. PGI continues to be blind to current META of their own game.

Edited by Adamski, 19 April 2016 - 04:15 PM.

#5 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 April 2016 - 04:14 PM

Posted Image

View PostAdamski, on 19 April 2016 - 04:13 PM, said:

Couple BIG mistakes PGI made:

Faction populations are determined by total players, not active players. WTF

Faction voting has no weighting to give active players a bigger voice than alt account spam. (maybe disable voting until a pilot completes their 10 probation matches)

Combine Mercenaries and Free Lancers, let Mercs earn the MP wherever they fight, and let them fight wherever they are needed. Free Lancers should be the same as Mercenaries, but without a unit.

Didn't they just reset everyone's factions? Maybe units should have kicked the inactive members before picking one? :P

#6 Adamski

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,071 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 April 2016 - 04:17 PM

View PostDavers, on 19 April 2016 - 04:14 PM, said:

Didn't they just reset everyone's factions? Maybe units should have kicked the inactive members before picking one? Posted Image

Maybe if PGI provided units a way to determine who is inactive..............
But no, currently no way to determine who is inactive, and no way to reinvite a player who gets wrongly kicked without paying a hefty CBill penalty.

#7 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 April 2016 - 04:22 PM

View PostAdamski, on 19 April 2016 - 04:17 PM, said:

Maybe if PGI provided units a way to determine who is inactive..............
But no, currently no way to determine who is inactive, and no way to reinvite a player who gets wrongly kicked without paying a hefty CBill penalty.

How about the old "Hey guys, anyone seen Adamski on lately?" :P

#8 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,923 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 04:23 PM

i freelanced 2 games and my first thoughts were wtf. no reason to do it. its harder to find games, and no clan mechs.

then i joined liao, so i can get my second bay. i joined a scouting mission and got a "no servers available" message (now twice). great. so many people are wanting to play the new mode and its eating all the servers. nobody is dropping invasion. ive yet to have a game.

so i hate to say it but phase 3 has made it impossible to pug cw. rather than just being an ugly mess like before now its a big void. the april fools predictions have come true. a shiny new interface and no game to show for it.

#9 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 April 2016 - 04:25 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 19 April 2016 - 04:23 PM, said:

i freelanced 2 games and my first thoughts were wtf. no reason to do it. its harder to find games, and no clan mechs.

then i joined liao, so i can get my second bay. i joined a scouting mission and got a "no servers available" message (now twice). great. so many people are wanting to play the new mode and its eating all the servers. nobody is dropping invasion. ive yet to have a game.

so i hate to say it but phase 3 has made it impossible to pug cw. rather than just being an ugly mess like before now its a big void. the april fools predictions have come true. a shiny new interface and no game to show for it.

Wow, it's like when they release a popular new mech and everyone fills the queue. Who would have thunk it?

#10 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 04:26 PM

Okay. So how about if we swap Freelancer for Solo Mercenary?

I'd even say remove Solo Loyalist and replace it with Mercenary. If you want to be a solo Loyalist make a 1 player unit.

I don't have an issue with streak crows. Run long range. 1 oxide with SRMs + NARC, 2 LRM griffins with big XLs and a erll poker would be a lot of hate to drop on Streak crows.

Units.... what are suggestions on a fix to the units issues?

#11 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,994 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 19 April 2016 - 04:26 PM

"I would say no vote for solo loyalists"

WTF can we even wait a day without crying

Is this some kind of conspiracy theory?
I am a solo Loyalist and voted with the majority what’s wrong with that

Edit: stop flipping complaining and start asking for fun stuff like
Jump ships, special ops 12v12 missions, Elementals

Edited by Davegt27, 19 April 2016 - 04:31 PM.

#12 Adamski

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,071 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 April 2016 - 04:31 PM

View PostDavers, on 19 April 2016 - 04:22 PM, said:

How about the old "Hey guys, anyone seen Adamski on lately?" Posted Image
Or PGI could extract their cranium from their lower colon.

Edited by Adamski, 19 April 2016 - 04:31 PM.

#13 Omaha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 559 posts
  • LocationAnywhere

Posted 19 April 2016 - 04:36 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 19 April 2016 - 04:26 PM, said:

I'd even say remove Solo Loyalist and replace it with Mercenary. If you want to be a solo Loyalist make a 1 player unit.

I don't have an issue with streak crows. Run long range. 1 oxide with SRMs + NARC, 2 LRM griffins with big XLs and a erll poker would be a lot of hate to drop on Streak crows.

So to represent my faction I need to create a unit? It's called "faction warefare" not unit warefare? Even though it's their goal to have units fighting eachother, I do not believe tons and tons of single player units is right...

Personally I think they should do away with units, as they are. Just have factions fighting, but have units as a means of creating communities only.

It's always gonna be a ghost town in faction warefare, IMO. Unless, a new feature is released, and everyone floods it to play.. Or an event is taking place. There is just way too many things to spread everyone apart, and now there is a solo queue. Also there is now scouting mode.

Edited by Omaha, 19 April 2016 - 04:43 PM.

#14 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 04:37 PM

View PostDavegt27, on 19 April 2016 - 04:26 PM, said:

"I would say no vote for solo loyalists"

WTF can we even wait a day without crying

Is this some kind of conspiracy theory?
I am a solo Loyalist and voted with the majority what’s wrong with that

Edit: stop flipping complaining and start asking for fun stuff like
Jump ships, special ops 12v12 missions, Elementals

Because it's going to get abused. Go make an alt (many have several) and go loyalist in, say, CJF. Get a couple dozen buddies to do the same (say you're MS) and go make CJF fight CGB. Tell me that won't be exploited.

Plus it makes it more difficult to actually apply faction wide strategies - most solo players are not in the loop with what all the units in a faction are trying to accomplish.

I'm all for cool new stuff. There's the basis for some good stuff here. Just want to catch and fix the glaring issues.

#15 Jon Gotham

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,635 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 04:51 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 19 April 2016 - 04:23 PM, said:

I'm a unit player, however this character's unit has 5 members in it. I've been trying for 2 hours to get a regular CW match..I can't.
All this seems to have done is make peeps form 12 mans (which is kinda good) but if you want to doi a casual game or two you actually can't....if you are unit tagged it seems.
I hopped on four other accounts all with 0 opportunity for a regular Cw match....I really don't want to play 4v4 and now as of today at least, I can't play the only game mode I enjoy-regular CW.

One of my alts WAS un tagged so i hopped onto that to see if the solo Q was busy...0 peeps queing up for regular CW, all on flippin' 4v4...
For maybe this week, MY mwo is dead.

Hope it changes in the future as I've pumped a LOT of money into this game....

Edited by Jon Gotham, 19 April 2016 - 04:52 PM.

#16 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 April 2016 - 05:21 PM

View PostAdamski, on 19 April 2016 - 04:31 PM, said:

Or PGI could extract their cranium from their lower colon.

After 3+ years? No, that's permanent.

They can't do 'quality of life' stuff when they are still working on core systems.

#17 northpow

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 90 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 05:56 PM

What do you mean by "long tom"?

#18 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 05:59 PM

Long Tom is artillery. It's like an arty strike but way stronger.

#19 Crockdaddy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 19 April 2016 - 06:39 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 19 April 2016 - 04:26 PM, said:

4 FS9-S with AMS will fix streaks.

#20 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 07:39 PM

View PostCrockdaddy, on 19 April 2016 - 06:39 PM, said:

4 FS9-S with AMS will fix streaks.

12-18 ssrm6? Really?

I dunno about that. With equal pilot skill? Sure, most Clanners are terrible at the game. What if they are not terrible?

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users