My Thoughts About Scouting

4 replies to this topic

#1 dbzcounter

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 11:41 AM

It sucks, its my only thought about it...

Now a bit of info about my first games on it:

- First game: i play with my unit, 3 members and me, good enough, we have never played scout, sooo i pick shadowcat (the trial one), because i like that mech and i usually do good matchs with it... Forest colony is the map. Wrong, enemy team has 2 oxides, a crab, and the last one i dont remember... we get obliterated by the oxides and the other 2, they were all running srm and ssrm loadouts, except the crab that had med pulses...

Okay, i get it, i have to play brawlers lights or meds in this mode...

- Second game, polar is the map, i play with my nova-prime with small pulses and med pulses (i dont have any srm mech), the enemy team uses a raven as a bait so 2 of us split up chasing him, and the others 3 enemies, well im still finding them XD... the others 3 just run from us and hide till the dropship arrived, when arrived... 1 minute to cross half of polar highlands is not enough for my 81kph max speed, even my other friend with his ach-prime didnt get to the dropship

At this time was a bit salty, but hey, i will try again, maybe it was just bad luck...

- Third and last game, forest colony is the map again, so i drop in my nova-prime, same loadout (hell, i didnt even shoot 1 time in polar), so we start capturing those intel things and searching drop zone, time passes, time passes, we dont see any enemy, the dropship appears, we try to find it, but since the map is fully filled with huge trees and mountains, we dont see it... the minute is gone and they win...

Well now is when i say, im done with this crap, back to quick play

Hell, this is bad, very bad, since the IS have to get to the dropship they just have to get 130kph+ mechs and nascar from us till their dropship appears...

What i learned from this mode? If you are IS, just go a fast mech and run from your enemies, or if you have something that can go fast and brawl, play it (oxide, or raven with srm, things like that)... If you are clan, you go with fast and brawlers lights if you want to have a chance to chase IS, or a streakcrow, its enough fast to flank someone and destroy it with srm...

If you want to play something else, like a medium... mmh, go with something tanky with damage for IS mechs, like hunchback or crab and bait them to fight you while they waste time. For clan mediums, streakcrow, maybe stormcrow with pulses, the others arent fast enought to search dropship or chase and dont have enough brawl potential to fight their fast brawlers

TLDR: Yes im mad :_D since the game forces you to play some mechs if you want to do something in scout

Edited by dbzcounter, 20 April 2016 - 11:41 AM.

#2 TexAce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 April 2016 - 11:44 AM

I'm scouting all day with my Cent AH and its really fun!

Next I'll try the 4SP, then my ECM Cicada. So many options :)

Edited by TexAce, 20 April 2016 - 11:44 AM.

#3 Death Proof

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 546 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 11:45 AM

Scout Mode is the best part of Faction Play. Just wish it was in Quick Play too.

#4 dbzcounter

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 12:27 PM

i dont see the fun part when enemy run from us... just ending in a low-reward match since you did 0 damage like happened to me and wasted a few minutes running around the map

#5 AlisonH

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 12:45 PM

DBZCounter, I can make it even more mind numbing for you.

I actually thought you were describing my game where I won...same situation, I had a med-pulse crab because Streak Crows made me irritated. My unit mate went fast mech.

She did exactly as you said. Zero reward.
You get zero reward doing "fast mech, cap points, and win game" gameplay.

The enemies that did that to you ended up with zero reward... so take solace in that?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users