Command

2 replies to this topic

#1 Sasuga

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 127 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 09:20 PM

Command Modules, which are added to a Mech (maybe one that's got top level stuff unlocked already, like adding an 'extra module slot' is already there, but this would be an additional one).

One unlocked, the Mech would have to mount a Command Console, and with the skill unlock and the command console in the Mech, then they player could mount a "Command Module" (or two) in special extra modules.

The "Command Modules" can be equipped by everyone, every Mech (that meets the requirements/has it unlocked) except only a team commander can use their command module during the match (So something a team Community Warfare group would be into more then a "Quick Play" match. - I know there's kinks in this idea, but I'm going to keep on trucking and the community and developers can help flush it out and work the kinks out.)

Command Modules can do special things that other Mechs can't do, like show the entire map for 5 seconds (showing all enemies on the map that is)... Or call in a carpet bombing that hits an entire square-spaced area on the map, anywhere on the map they want to, even without vision. (That wouldn't come online until both teams have had time to move out of their drop zones.)

=-=-=-=

I would also like to see "Command Mechs" with two pilots. One guy would pick his Command Mech, and then his friend would queue up with him. The one player can run the command modules and such, while the other can pilot the Mech. 13 players per team (still only 12 mechs).

=-=-=-=-=

Just some crazy suggestions! I hope you've found 'em interesting to read at least.

#2 happy mech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 02:15 AM

things like carpet bombing or show whole map (or arti or uav for that matter...) should only be available when game mode map objectives are met and should serve a specific purpose and be very well thought out before added

1. command console is 3 tons, that is like 3 medium lasers, srm6, or bap+ecm, it cannot perform above that
2. command console is only available for IS heavies and assaults

everything in the game needs to have a purpose, be alternative to something of equal value, with pros and cons, adding nukes and superweapons would be cool but would invalidate 90% of other content

ideas like that are not bad, but if they are of such a scale they cannot be done by a single mech at will, but require a cooperation of whole team and have drawback when misused (for example showing whole map would drain all energy from powerplants and shut off your resource generation for a minute, carpet bombing would require X resources first and would use them for the task (but hey, you also need the resources to win!)) so you have to think twice if it is really worth it

Edited by happy mech, 26 March 2016 - 02:16 AM.

#3 Sasuga

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 127 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 11:56 AM

View PostSasuga, on 25 March 2016 - 09:20 PM, said:

ideas like that are not bad, but if they are of such a scale they cannot be done by a single mech at will, but require a cooperation of whole team and have drawback when misused (for example showing whole map would drain all energy from powerplants and shut off your resource generation for a minute, carpet bombing would require X resources first and would use them for the task (but hey, you also need the resources to win!)) so you have to think twice if it is really worth it

Agreed! I wanted to suggest the idea, and hope that everything put into the game is always fair/balanced. I like the stopping resource collection, etc. idea.

Still, couldn't an Areo space pilot scan a row of tiles instead of dropping bombs? Maybe a fly-by scout option, instead of the whole map but only a partial of it or something even, as options.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users