33 replies to this topic

#21 Ranger Dave

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 48 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 09:28 PM

Yay, the Asia & Oceanic Schedule is up... ...OMG, such wow, many games

I know most people are prepared to shift things around to make things work for the scheduled times one night a week, but two or three? Every week for almost two months?

A lot of the players are full time workers, many with family commitments. Fielding 8 out of 12 for every match may end up a struggle.

Might be kind to offer teams a second phase of rostering with either a bigger roster so they can accommodate this or at least a chance to swap out players who won't be able to do it?

#22 Shakespeare

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 429 posts
  • LocationGainesville, FL USA

Posted 23 May 2016 - 11:28 AM

You should see the NA schedule. Literally twice as bad.

#23 Afuldan McKronik

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,331 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 May 2016 - 12:05 PM

I cannot see this going smoothly at all for anyone involved as it is. Maybe tomorrows announcement will help ease the burden of 12 (or more if you get past qualifiers) weeks of not scheduling anything else because of one 15 min match every weekend night.

#24 Daidachi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 461 posts
  • LocationThe Andromeda Initiative

Posted 23 May 2016 - 06:23 PM

Not knowing the days/times in advance hurt because you couldn't review before signing up.

I'm all for 'here's the times, you agreed at sign up, so here they are' - but not if the guys don't have all the info at hand when they stepped up. It's not unreasonable for people to expect that they'd be able to have time with their families, or working/earning the $$ that they invest back into the game.

From a streaming POV, I would have thought having a 2-3 hour period on weekends (when the viewer pool is higher), and the matches flow thick and fast would be the way to go - a few matches a day lends itself well to a weekly summary, but not so much real time viewing, since it's over so quickly.

PS: In the bodybuilding tournament example, their schedule would be published in advance.

Hell, even an RPG convention publishes which rooms will be used for what events at what times well in advance.

#25 pabscht

Rookie

• WC 2017 Qualifier
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 11:55 PM

Why only 1 match (10minutes) per day? It should be 1 day per week and then 5 games in a row ....

#26 sLAyeRiNLovE3

• PipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 02:56 AM

Agreed with more matches at a time. Less constraining.

Main pain point is that 12-man teams are locked - no backup pilots, as participation is nominative...
That is silly.

Option could be for both teams planned to play together to come to an agreement or propose 3 options to PGI referrees and they can try to adjust.
This is more do-able than adjust 24 people schedules...

It was really silly to lock-down participation before any hard info was published...

#27 Ibrandul Mike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 1,913 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 05:58 PM

View PostsLAyeRiNLovE3, on 24 May 2016 - 02:56 AM, said:

Agreed with more matches at a time. Less constraining.
[...]
Option could be for both teams planned to play together to come to an agreement or propose 3 options to PGI referrees and they can try to adjust.
This is more do-able than adjust 24 people schedules...

You can re-schedule your matches now. But according to the announcement there won´t be an official referee (at least not in this capacity) there.

#28 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 25 May 2016 - 08:49 AM

View PostIbrandul Mike, on 24 May 2016 - 05:58 PM, said:

You can re-schedule your matches now. But according to the announcement there won´t be an official referee (at least not in this capacity) there.

Both teams will be required to submit a screenshot of the results, with the understanding that doing so affirms that both Teams agree with the match outcome and that there are no complications or issues with the match as it was conducted.

I can see this being an issue.

#29 Paradox42

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 May 2016 - 03:25 PM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 25 May 2016 - 08:49 AM, said:

I can see this being an issue.

@ Ibrandul Mike And what is PGi going to do in such a case?

#30 M E X

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 381 posts
  • Locationg-town, Vienna, Austria, EU.

Posted 29 May 2016 - 02:59 AM

View PostRanger Dave, on 22 May 2016 - 09:28 PM, said:

... Might be kind to offer teams a second phase of rostering with either a bigger roster so they can accommodate this or at least a chance to swap out players who won't be able to do it?
I also think it would be a good idea to allow players from teams which didnt reach at least the necessary 8 players before the deadline, or whos team got disqualified because of the unsportsmanlike behavior of one of their members to fill up teams with less than 12 players !

Edited by M E X, 29 May 2016 - 03:01 AM.

#31 DaisuSaikoro Nagasawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 973 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationTaipei, Taiwan

Posted 31 May 2016 - 04:48 AM

MEX ! You can't just throw out the baby with the bath water, OKAY?!?!?!?!

#32 NosehairOMO

• PipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26 posts
  • LocationSharon, MA

Posted 14 June 2016 - 10:30 AM

Could an official please explain why TLBT was scratched from the tournamnet? I am the captain and my team is wondering what happened. We lost one game, missed two and showed up for two where the other team did not show up. I have not taken any screen shots. Is that the reason we were kicked?

#33 NosehairOMO

• PipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26 posts
  • LocationSharon, MA

Posted 14 June 2016 - 01:31 PM

MEX, I am surprised you are still around. I recall you TKing me many moons ago an old map. I figured you would be banned by now. I hope to see you again sometime (either team).

#34 gamingogre

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 133 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 08:40 PM

FU- Stoneblade
Either you care about your players or you don't. People work and many people can't change their hours. Assuming those hours are the STANDARD in that region, you make it fit or you are saying FU to a whole part of the world. This 'professional' line of crap is exactly that. It's an F-ing video game. You are not a professional anything, other than deluded.

Edited by gamingogre, 06 December 2016 - 08:41 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users