Solo Queue - Are Solo Freelancers Unbalancing?

Balance BattleMechs Gameplay

No replies to this topic

#1 Afuldan McKronik

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,331 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 April 2016 - 08:06 AM

Discussion time without complaints.

Loyalist, and unit member here. When I drop into scouting, I see tough Mediums that wreck my Stormcrow, or I see maybe one of the fast lights squirrel around in a game of chase the cookie before the IS gathers all the intel they need to win.

Is this imbalance created by having solo players having their own queue for scouting? I have not even seen a match where a light is used to try and knife fight the enemy. So I see no point in bringing a weapon that is useful against one enemy and playstyle, when it is the rarest to find in the unit queue.

Not saying there are no units that do bring streaks, I just don't get the time unmolested that I would need to cripple a medium with streak6, considering with mastery and modules, its still a 5.25 or so cooldown for 12 points of damage.

My LBX20 is a better sandblaster, and with the lbx changes I can get every pellet on medium targets now. Plus use them at range to blast a light that is trying to squirrel around. Yet noone has said to me or my team (who we dropped into unit scouting queue with three of these sandblasters across 3 mechs) that they are OP.

IN ACTUAL FACT, the Griffins and Shadowhawks still wreck my DF mech, but with LBX and pulse lasers I can snap shot to spread damage. I know if I let a Griffin facetime me so I can Streak lock I will be shrekt.

So I see two solutions. Solo freelancers get max tonnage limits of lights at 35t for scouting. This is 1) lore friendlyish, as a faction is not going to spend as much money dropping mercs/freelancers into a combat zone and 2) prevents the screaming of "Streakcrows everywhere! OP! P2W!"

Second option is, only unit loyalists get to scout.

I know everyone wants to play the 4v4, but from what I have seen in the unit queue, these are close matches, often decided by who gets the first shot. Not biased to one tech or the other, because Clans have TERRIBLE heat issues.

If there was a serious topic tag, I would use it here. I don't want you to come here and post that Clans are OP, PLZ NERF, or same for IS. I want a discussion that can be done to cater to still have 4v4 for everyone, yet solve the solo queue woes that many players have apparently.

Edited by Afuldan McKronik, 21 April 2016 - 08:09 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users