103 replies to this topic

#81 Clownwarlord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 13 May 2016 - 10:12 PM

I am to lazy after years here to start another shooter game. Every so often i play WOT or WOWS. I think I will just wait till Battletech comes out and that will be it for me.

Last game I purchased was Fallout 4 + Season Pass and it kinda sucks so I think I am kinda getting tired with video games.

#82 adamts01

• Death Star
  • 3,417 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 14 May 2016 - 12:16 AM

I need to just buy it. My brother is all about it, and it's like pulling teeth to get him to play MWO. This game and the lack of teamwork get me too pissed off.

#83 Peter2k

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 May 2016 - 01:07 AM

View PostJohnny Z, on 22 April 2016 - 08:22 PM, said:

Lots of fallout 4 stuff

Look what's possible in Fallout 4 though
Sorry posting on a cell here so no advanced formatting

http://www.nexusmods...out4/mods/407/?

Posted Image
Understandably wants to only upload the shareware version (of original doom)
Though isn't the original Doom fair use these days or something?

#84 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,477 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 14 May 2016 - 02:06 AM

Overwatch looks like they decided to base a game on a randomly chosen word, and the word chosen was "generic".

#85 Richard Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 887 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 02:12 AM

I love playing Overwatch but considering the price tag it's not worth it, it needs more, it feels like an epic f2p game at the moment, but it has no solo content the games are basically repetitive and it has as much content as MWO except less characters (mechs) to choose from.

#86 Cy Mitchell

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 03:32 AM

I watched my son play Overwatch during the Beta. He has been a Blizzard franchise fan since the first time he played Warcraft many, many years ago. He has played every Blizzard game they have made and loved all of them except D3. Because he identifies with many Blizzard heroes and games he loves Overwatch. I think it will be a huge success and have a much bigger following than MWO will ever have. I believe it also has a much bigger eSports potential.

It is not my type of game but for someone like him who excels at games in general and FPS games in particular, it is sort of a dream come true. A Blizzard flavored FPS team based shooter with a high level of competition. Fun to look at and fun to play. As much as I dislike Blizzard now for what they did to Diablo, I think they have another hit on their hands with Overwatch. Time will tell.

#87 Cy Mitchell

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 03:41 AM

View PostWill Hawker, on 14 May 2016 - 02:12 AM, said:

I love playing Overwatch but considering the price tag it's not worth it, it needs more, it feels like an epic f2p game at the moment, but it has no solo content the games are basically repetitive and it has as much content as MWO except less characters (mechs) to choose from.

The difference between Overwatch having fewer characters and MWO having a lot is not as big a deal as you would think. Every character in Overwatch fills a role and has very different attributes and abilities whereas in MWO every Mech is basically the same with the exception of size and speed. With the over quirking and the attempt to balance every Mech against every other Mech the uniqueness of each chassis continue to get smaller. It is getting to the point that many Mechs are the same and fill the same role except they look slightly different. I would say that when you get down to it there are only a few unique types (roles) of Mechs in MWO.

Having fewer characters in Overwatch is OK because they are truly different from one another.

#88 Richard Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 887 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 04:01 AM

View PostRampage, on 14 May 2016 - 03:41 AM, said:

The difference between Overwatch having fewer characters and MWO having a lot is not as big a deal as you would think. Every character in Overwatch fills a role and has very different attributes and abilities whereas in MWO every Mech is basically the same with the exception of size and speed. With the over quirking and the attempt to balance every Mech against every other Mech the uniqueness of each chassis continue to get smaller. It is getting to the point that many Mechs are the same and fill the same role except they look slightly different. I would say that when you get down to it there are only a few unique types (roles) of Mechs in MWO.

Having fewer characters in Overwatch is OK because they are truly different from one another.

I know but collecting three mechs to master them and so on just gives you more to do, yeah Overwatch characters may be different but you literally just play them and the only things you unlock are skins, emotes, quotes which has no impact on its game play.

#89 LegendaryArticuno

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 664 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 07:15 AM

I just preordered Overwatch today, I'm excited for launch on the 24th!

I still haven't decided if I should preorder the Cyclops, I haven't actually played MWO for about a month now.

#90 Kasumi Sumika

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,118 posts
  • LocationFeeding the Fires of Rubicon

Posted 14 May 2016 - 07:47 AM

Played Overwatch on Open Beta. And I think it's fun and having a blast of it. This Game is like Team Fortress 2 but replace class with Heroes and there ya go!, Overwatch in nutshell!.

Sorry to say this but there some points when I'm prefer Overwatch over MW:O:
  • The biggest advantages for me is Overwatch have CPU Bots. There are Players vs. Bots Matchmaking. And even make Custom Games so you can edit what you want. But sadly when I play on Open Beta, Bots only pick Soldier 76, Reaper, Roadhog, Zarya, and Zenyatta. I hope Bots can pick all heroes went on full release.
  • Overwatch have better group party system. Yeah It's much easier in this compare to MW:O. In MW:O I cannot play with my 1,2 or few of friends unless you got into Group Queue and got Roflstomp by a lot Group with same Units. And Also I'm Tier 2 but I cannot play with my Friends who totally newb and wants to try this games, unless they want to Roflstomp by players that have more experiences and better piloting skills and mechs. And I also can play vs Bots with my friends. Posted Image
So if you have ever try it and still having fun of it, sure buy it if you want. I want to buy and pre-order it because it's fun game but due my economic conditions and having busy with college and stuff I cannot buy it now. Maybe when they have discount or when I have enough money.

But even I say that I still having fun despite many flaws with MW:O. I currently planning to buy Black Widow Hero Mech because I'm still having fun with MW:O.

Edited by Kasumi Sumika, 14 May 2016 - 07:48 AM.

#91 Cy Mitchell

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 09:33 AM

View PostWill Hawker, on 14 May 2016 - 04:01 AM, said:

I know but collecting three mechs to master them and so on just gives you more to do, yeah Overwatch characters may be different but you literally just play them and the only things you unlock are skins, emotes, quotes which has no impact on its game play.

That just goes to show the difference between MWO players. For me, having to grind out levels for three variants of the same chassis is excruciatingly boring. I do not enjoy it and I hate wasting real cash or c-bills on buying Mechs that I do not want just to optimize the Mech that I do want. I understand why PGI made it this way. It incentivizes their Mech packs and therefore increases their cash stream. I do not begrudge them that but I also do not enjoy that aspect of the game.

My gaming time is limited. I do not need unnecessary time sinks that reduce my gaming enjoyment.

I am also not a "collector". I currently own one Heavy chassis, three Medium chassis and one Light chassis. On Tuesday an Assault will be added. In two months, another Medium will be added which will fill a light role. I do not play my two Mediums that are IS as I only play Clan and I got those before Clan was introduced. I may buy a chassis or two in the future if it is something that has a nostalgic attraction for me but as of now, I have everything I need to have fun in the game.

If I was interested in playing Overwatch then I would consider paying $40 and having access to all the unique "chassis" a bargain in both time and money saved.

Edited by Rampage, 14 May 2016 - 09:42 AM.

#92 Xocoyol Zaraoul

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 178 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 14 May 2016 - 10:14 AM

View Postadamts01, on 14 May 2016 - 12:16 AM, said:

I need to just buy it. My brother is all about it, and it's like pulling teeth to get him to play MWO. This game and the lack of teamwork get me too pissed off.

Every online game without being in an organized clan will have a lack of team work.

#93 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,122 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 10:17 AM

Eh. Cheap attempt to draw comparisons. Just play both. People get all pretentious about this stuff

#94 adamts01

• Death Star
  • 3,417 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 14 May 2016 - 03:20 PM

View PostXocoyol Zaraoul, on 14 May 2016 - 10:14 AM, said:

Every online game without being in an organized clan will have a lack of team work.
Not true. Check out squad. The modes require 3+ smaller groups all working together and the community bands together 90% of the time. A lot has to do with h9e the game is built and marketed. MWO can't design anything but death match. That tactic would never work, you're forced to work together to win. My brother is much more in to gaming than me, and he had a ton of other examples. We took a break from MWO for a year and just started dropping together in group que. It's not much better than solo, if at all. It's just a mess.

#95 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 14 May 2016 - 06:05 PM

View PostLegendaryArticuno, on 14 May 2016 - 07:15 AM, said:

I just preordered Overwatch today, I'm excited for launch on the 24th!

I still haven't decided if I should preorder the Cyclops, I haven't actually played MWO for about a month now.

Overwatch wont have staying power. Not being mean, I like some things about the game. More so than Battleborn and the rest that are exactly the same...

My advice? If you do get the Cyclops follow it up by demanding more feature and content additions like 1st person mechbay and galactic trade network and pilot eject sequence animation and stuff like that. :)

Edited by Johnny Z, 14 May 2016 - 06:11 PM.

#96 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,341 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 14 May 2016 - 06:49 PM

personally, MWO, but I have literally 0 incentive to play Overwatch.

#97 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 07:36 PM

I have zero incentive to play overwatch

And most of the time id rather stare at the wall than play MWO

so the correct answer is NEITHER

#98 Oderint dum Metuant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 14 May 2016 - 11:05 PM

Played open beta, had a blast.
The games are fundementailly different so you cant compare on that aspect.

But apart from jonny whos derranged to include MWo as a top game fort he coming year most of what has been said is pretty accurate.

It will be big, it has team fps esports written all over it ajd its active playerbase will dwarf MWO (even at its peak).

my only curiosity that remains is how it will be funded post initial purchase (im assuming cosmetics but most of these will be available in lockboxes)

I definately feel that post PGI tournamnet my time in this wasteland is done.

Edited by Oderint dum Metuant, 14 May 2016 - 11:06 PM.

#99 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 08:40 AM

I have played and like Overwatch quite a lot. I bought it, I'll be splitting my time between both.

That said, I'm still more dedicated to MWO. Overwatch will remain my "for funsies" game, MWO is the one I'm competitive in. I haven't played a game so non-stop since the original Halo, which I played for seven years religiously. So, that's actually a huge complement to PGI right there.

#100 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 09:54 AM

it has as much content as MWO except less characters (mechs) to choose from.

mechs are not characters

mechs are basically all the same. since every uses the same meta weapons.

21 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 21 guests, 0 anonymous users