Grand Titan

14 replies to this topic

#1 Olderine

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 03:19 PM

If this has not already been requested I would like the addition of the Grand Titan assault mech please. :)

#2 Hexenhammer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,729 posts
  • LocationKAETETôã

Posted 21 April 2016 - 04:06 PM

Autobots roll out!
Posted Image

#3 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 07:20 PM

Unlikely. It doesn't fit the timeline, and there are no variants of it available even if it did. If it doesn't exist in the 2750, 3025 or 3050 TROs (for inner sphere mechs) in at least 3 variants, its not going to happen. And for clan mechs, if its not a IIC type, or a totem mech, again in variants, an OMNI from the 3050 TRO, or one of the second line Omni's from the later TROs (like the ones in the 3055) it also is not going to happen.

Edited by Dee Eight, 21 April 2016 - 07:27 PM.

#4 Olderine

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 08:23 AM

Here is what PGI has to work with:

Tonnage: 100
Technology: Inner Sphere
Unit Type: BattleMech
Unit Role: Brawler
Date Introduced: 3054
Era: Clan Invasion (3050 - 3061)

Variants:
Grand Titan T-IT-N10M
Grand Titan T-IT-N11M
Grand Titan T-IT-N13M
Grand Titan T-IT-N14R "Vengeance"
Grand Titan T-IT-N16M (Al-Hawad)

Enough of this BattleMech's information fits the era to work it into the game. Any discrepancies I am sure can be tweaked to fit the current state of the game as many of the other mechs have been. It is by no means a stretch to see it done. It would be a fun and unique mech to pilot and I hope PGI will implement plans to introduce it into the game in the future.
Posted Image

Edited by Olderine, 22 April 2016 - 08:34 AM.

#5 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 777 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 22 April 2016 - 08:54 AM

It is on my desk for many years!

http://brickset.com/...1-1/Grand-Titan

Sorry for this off-topic, could not resist...Posted Image

#6 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 09:34 AM

Grand Titan Production information Manufacturer Earthwerks Incorporated Production Year 3054[1]

Game timeline is 3049-3051. Ergo... Grand Titan is outside the timeline they are working with and all the variants of it came years later.

#7 VinJade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 09:54 AM

to be honest I would rather like to see the Mackie & Merlin as both very easily fits all of the requirements of being implemented.

Edited by VinJade, 22 April 2016 - 10:00 AM.

#8 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 09:57 AM

Russ has repeatedly said that they have more than enough mechs in the existing timeline to add still that they don't need to go advancing it to add new ones.

#9 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 22 April 2016 - 10:45 AM

Well GrandTitan Vengance is already in game - or what do you think fires those nukes in CW?

The pitty is they brought the Clowns but did choose the wrong time - seriously all this FP would have made perfectly sense in 3058 -3060 but in 3052 Clans fighting Clans - Is fighting Is are you kidding me?

#10 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 11:22 AM

Clans were fighting other clans up through the invasion, before the invasion, and after the invasion. Just because they were all the heirs of kerensky, doesn't mean they all got along.

#11 VinJade

• 1,211 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 12:01 PM

@De
if Karl did as much research on the clans as he did mocking them he would know that, because that is basic clan knowledge 101.
They also fight to win prizes such as Genes, planets, resources, ect.

They also hate waste(unless they are LAMs & Arty pieces lol) and do their beast to win battles with as little waste as possible, something the IS should learn from the Clans is waste nothing.

While the IS was blasting themselves back to the 'stone age' the Clans was getting better and upgrading their tech & research. so instead of mocking them Karl should have at least a little respect for the Clans.

the only true respect I got for the Falcons was because of Aidan Pryde, one of the best & most noble of all the Falcons(compared to the rest of his clan).

back on topic, De is right about the GT it is not the right time for it yet.. though to be all honest I find it over rated.

Edited by VinJade, 22 April 2016 - 12:03 PM.

#12 MauttyKoray

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 07:10 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 21 April 2016 - 07:20 PM, said:

Unlikely. It doesn't fit the timeline, and there are no variants of it available even if it did. If it doesn't exist in the 2750, 3025 or 3050 TROs (for inner sphere mechs) in at least 3 variants, its not going to happen. And for clan mechs, if its not a IIC type, or a totem mech, again in variants, an OMNI from the 3050 TRO, or one of the second line Omni's from the later TROs (like the ones in the 3055) it also is not going to happen.

PGI creates variants, the 3 variant isn't an issue.

If I remember correctly Russ actually doesn't mind if its out of timeline (i.e. the MadCat Mk II), as long as the tech for it is within timeline. Beyond that he also stated an amendment that if the mech was highly popular and wanted but contained out of timeline tech, it would still be considered if there was a possibility for switching the out of timeline tech for in timeline counterparts (i.e. heavy lasers would be swapped to a different laser).

Other than that, the only thing I remember him saying was there were in fact still mechs in the timeline he wanted to release first.

#13 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 10:20 AM

Yes but the variants of the Grant Titan, and the first version itself, all include technology not in the game.

#14 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 April 2016 - 10:49 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 22 April 2016 - 09:34 AM, said:

Grand Titan Production information Manufacturer Earthwerks Incorporated Production Year 3054[1]

Game timeline is 3049-3051. Ergo... Grand Titan is outside the timeline they are working with and all the variants of it came years later.

We're in 3053, doesn't help this mech but /shrug

#15 VinJade

• 1,211 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 11:22 AM

On a off topic note(it fits after seeing as the first picture) I wonder if it wasn't for the Japanese toy line that had no story at all behind it that later on became the Transformers if the GT would even be as popular as it is.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users