Clan Lbx - Let's Talk Change (With Minimal Effort!)

2 replies to this topic

#1 xeromynd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,022 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew York

Posted 22 April 2016 - 08:28 PM

So let's talk about Clan LBX vs. IS LBX.

Clan weapons are ALL notably smaller and lighter than their IS counterparts, that's one of the advantages clans have in MWO. Not to mention IS LBX10 is smaller and lighter than its bigger brother, the AC10.

So why is it that clans with their 'superior' technology, have LBX autocannons that weigh the same, and take up more of crit slots than their UAC counterparts.

I understand that the latest buffs to LBX spread were meant to make them more useful. (Mind you, I'd think most high-tier players will still agree that UACs are objectively better). So PGI, if you're buffing Clan LBX, I can only be lead to believe that you've given up on the ammo switching mechanics that were original intended for LBX. And that's fine.

If you've totally given up on ammo-switching:
I'm not asking for Clan LBXs to be equal to UACs, I'm asking that they be further pushed into a separate role, and made more viable for that role. I'd ask that the Clan LBXs be brought in line with IS, and made one ton lighter, one crit slot smaller, and less expensive than their UAC counterparts. (Don't get me started on cost, the fact that they're the most expensive weapon in the game is laughable)

I'm not asking for mountains to be moved, or for complicated mechanics to be implemented. I'm no game dev, but I think that literally all I'm asking for is three changes in some XML files and that's it.

Changes pls?

Sincerely,
-Someone who thinks LBXs deserve better (but not better than UACs lets be real), and should be worthy of the awesome sounds they make.

Edited by xeromynd, 23 April 2016 - 05:38 AM.

#2 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 22 April 2016 - 10:28 PM

Clan LBX's are LARGER than UAC's now, not the same size. Just say'n.

Also: lol LBX sucks anyways, and PGI will never fix them because PGI doesn't seem to really grasp why they suck. Tightening the spread doesn't fix them.

#3 xeromynd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,022 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationNew York

Posted 23 April 2016 - 05:36 AM

View PostWintersdark, on 22 April 2016 - 10:28 PM, said:

Clan LBX's are LARGER than UAC's now, not the same size. Just say'n.

Also: lol LBX sucks anyways, and PGI will never fix them because PGI doesn't seem to really grasp why they suck. Tightening the spread doesn't fix them.

You're absolutely correct, was late and didn't even think about that. Why they're larger is beyond me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users