Bounty War Horn Cockpit Item

16 replies to this topic

Poll: Bounty (4 member(s) have cast votes)

Add this feature?

1. Yes (4 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. No (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 MechWarrior319348

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 997 posts
  • LocationInside a straightjacket

Posted 23 April 2016 - 12:55 AM

An equipable war horn, or some other cockpit item that allows you to build a bounty onto yourself when you install it on your mech. Building up large kill streaks, even across different matches, will build your bounty. When someone kills you, they collect that bounty. "You" dont get anything, but hey, the other cockpit items don't really do anything either; this could be a nifty cockpit item. It would have to be something loud and obnoxious, along the lines of heavy metal music. Something you would want to put on your mech.

-The idea for a war horn was VindJade's. I just wanted a bounty feature. I think those cockpit item guys in the dev team would go for this.

The stuff below was written before the idea for a cockpit item came around. But I think that it would still work into it if you use your imagination.

1. Can I kill a "wanted" player and collect if they are on my team?

- No, they must be on the other team. Yelling out to the other team what mech they should be looking for definitely sounds like a report-able offense (unless you're telling them what mech that YOU are in).

2. Will It encourage squirrel chasing? Where half the team goes running after one person?

-You would not be able to see the "wanted" player in game by pressing "Q." You would only know who has the bounty by pressing tab, and locating them in the player list; You would not know what mech you are looking for, only the player name. If the "wanted" player wanted to stay on the down low, they might change mechs ever so often to throw people off.

- It would be hard to know how has the bounty until you hear the horn go off.

-Also keep in mind that low team participation directly affects match earnings, and PSR.

4. Will it encourage players with a bounty to hide?

- There is no real reward for building up a bounty, only for collecting one. Purposefully trying to build a bounty wont help you.

- Also, low participation affects match earnings, and PSR.

5. Could two players use the feature to farm cbills?

- The feature would be disabled in private matches. Trying to go through public matches while 1 player kills the other over and over would be difficult. If someone did this, then hid every match to build up their bounty, that would be non-participation. Report them.

6. Is there any point to it other than fun?

- I believe it would help with balance. Players who are really kicking *** every match would have to cope with an increasing price on their head. This would be important when people with high PSR are grouped against a team with less experience.

- I also believe they could make achievements based around the feature. Maybe collecting enough bounties would earn you the title "bounty hunter." Or building a high bounty could earn you achievements such as "wanted," "hunted," or "public enemy #1"

7. Does this mean I will be forced to deal with a price on my head? What if I dont want that?

- There should be a feature allowing you to get rid of the bounty on you if dont want it. For free.

- equipable now.

I'm not exactly sure what the specific number of kills would be to progress your bounty through each level. Leave some suggestions please.

Edited by Gigliowanananacom, 24 April 2016 - 03:03 PM.

#2 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 April 2016 - 01:35 AM

At first I was skeptical but as I read I think I could support this implementation.

#3 VinJade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 01:45 AM

so in other words you want to promote TKing then?
also all this would do would cause strife among players.
we already have a hell of a time working as a unit, but now you want us to force everyone to watch their backs while also causing players not to try their best and giving 100%.

I don't know if this is something from some other game but here this is just a problem.

In the end this could cause violations of the TOS, what we need is to forget this topic ever was brought up.

Edited by VinJade, 23 April 2016 - 01:47 AM.

#4 Airwind

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 158 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 08:46 AM

bounty should be only viewable by the opposing sides. This can be a bonus to the player. the bounty level can be seen from the ready screen

#5 Cy Mitchell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 09:43 AM

View PostVinJade, on 23 April 2016 - 01:45 AM, said:

so in other words you want to promote TKing then?
also all this would do would cause strife among players.
we already have a hell of a time working as a unit, but now you want us to force everyone to watch their backs while also causing players not to try their best and giving 100%.

I don't know if this is something from some other game but here this is just a problem.

In the end this could cause violations of the TOS, what we need is to forget this topic ever was brought up.

Why would you assume that a bounty could be collected by TKing your own teammate?

#6 VinJade

• 1,211 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 11:18 AM

think about it, even if they start off against one team doesn't mean you will always be the enemy of everyone from that team, if the player kills the other side before the 'bounty' can be collected then any player that joins on their side would know that player would still have the bounty on his head thus TKing the player to get the bounty.

and as I said before all this would do is slowly start to make players no longer wish to deal the killing blow and in the end we could have a stale mate on our hands or the player base holding grudges against one another and team work would no longer be possible.

I asked a friend of my to look over this idea and she told me this(copied and pasted)

I would stop trying to rack up kills and do as limited damage as I could so I could rack up the assisted kills and leave the actual kills for some other unlucky player.

She is good with a MWO GR & MWO Lasers and I had seen her rack up a few kills in a single match(Three I believe)..

#7 MechWarrior319348

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 997 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 01:12 PM

View PostVinJade, on 23 April 2016 - 11:18 AM, said:

think about it, even if they start off against one team doesn't mean you will always be the enemy of everyone from that team, if the player kills the other side before the 'bounty' can be collected then any player that joins on their side would know that player would still have the bounty on his head thus TKing the player to get the bounty.

and as I said before all this would do is slowly start to make players no longer wish to deal the killing blow and in the end we could have a stale mate on our hands or the player base holding grudges against one another and team work would no longer be possible.

I asked a friend of my to look over this idea and she told me this(copied and pasted)

She is good with a MWO GR & MWO Lasers and I had seen her rack up a few kills in a single match(Three I believe)..

I still don't understand what you mean by teamkilling. If you know someone on the enemy team has a bounty, then you try to kill them, which is what you should be trying to do already, even if they dont have a bounty.

You wouldn't kill them if they are on your own team because you couldn't collect for a teamkill.

Its meant to keep public enemies finding more of a challenge as they progressively keep kicking ***.

It could even be a bragging right to have a high bounty on your head.

Also it could help with balance during times that high tier players are placed against lower tiers.

If you're worried about dumb people running through the map ignoring everything while they hunt, keep in mind that low team participation affects match rewards, and psr.

Edited by Gigliowanananacom, 23 April 2016 - 01:17 PM.

#8 VinJade

• 1,211 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 03:24 PM

Hmm, how to explain this better...

Player X is on team 1 and has the bounty on his head.
Team 2 wants to claim that bounty but they are killed before they get the chance.

Next match Player X is now on a team with some who knows that Player X has a bounty on his head.
Thus Player X's team would kill him to try and claim the bounty.

over all still a bad idea, you'll end up with players unwilling to deal the killing blow in order to stay off the 'bounty' list which means we will be getting longer matches and grudges held for some reason or another.

Being a LRM user dealing the killing blow is far and in between so I think I would be safe, lol.

now if we was to have this in the game, here is how I think it should work, you have a war horn* and you kill 5 people you get a large bounty on your head.

after two days pass their bounty is removed.

You have no war horn and kill 15 people you get a smaller bounty.
6-8 hours and the player no longer has any bounty on their head.

*I single out war horn users because so many hates the horns and some actually kills themselves to deprive they player with the horn of a kill thus they should have a larger bounty and a smaller number needed to get it on their heads.

With that said, I still don't like the idea.

#9 MechWarrior319348

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 997 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 03:43 PM

Oh, you think people will avoid killing other people to avoid getting a bounty.

I had added stuff to my main post, not sure if you saw it. Near the bottom i added a part about how a player could simply remove their bounty if they dont want one. It wouldnt be a necessary feature to the game, its just for people who wanna have fun. Even if no one allows a bounty on their head, then no harm is done. Things just go on as usual.

And killing someone on your team wont earn you anything, in fact, its a good way to get reported.

But what i really want to get across is that you dont have to have a bounty if you dont want it. Its mainly for bragging rights, or maybe you like being challenged.

#10 VinJade

• 1,211 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 06:58 AM

the last part is fine if that could be the case because then they would have no room to complain if it can be switched off(opt out function).

though I still like my war horn Idea where anyone mounting a war horn who gains a small number of kills should have a massive bounty on their heads.

#11 MechWarrior319348

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 997 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 10:57 AM

Oh what the hell?

Bounty System: Get Revenge And Generate Mc Revenue.

People are gonna confuse that with mine, gonna be like trying to sell a car with a homeless man living in the trunk.

View PostVinJade, on 24 April 2016 - 06:58 AM, said:

the last part is fine if that could be the case because then they would have no room to complain if it can be switched off(opt out function).

though I still like my war horn Idea where anyone mounting a war horn who gains a small number of kills should have a massive bounty on their heads.

hmm, maybe, could be cool.

#12 VinJade

• 1,211 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 01:04 PM

@Gig
Yeah and that one does want to cause strife, at least yours would give a way to opt out of the whole thing and help keep unity among the players.

#13 MechWarrior319348

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 997 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 02:07 PM

View PostVinJade, on 24 April 2016 - 01:04 PM, said:

@Gig
Yeah and that one does want to cause strife, at least yours would give a way to opt out of the whole thing and help keep unity among the players.

soooooooooooooo.... *Casually changes subject*. What do I gotta do to get you to change your vote? Where is the honey here? What do I need to do to put you in this house?

Also, the population here in the suggestions forum seem really thin, did we lose our creative thinkers?

Edited by Gigliowanananacom, 24 April 2016 - 02:13 PM.

#14 MechWarrior319348

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 997 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 02:16 PM

View PostGigliowanananacom, on 24 April 2016 - 02:07 PM, said:

soooooooooooooo.... *Casually changes subject*. What do I gotta do to get you to change your vote? Where is the honey here? What do I need to do to put you in this house?

Actually, I went to your polls and gave yes votes, muahahahah this is me soliciting a bribe. I'm naughty.

Edited by Gigliowanananacom, 24 April 2016 - 02:18 PM.

#15 VinJade

• 1,211 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 02:24 PM

simple, make sure there is an opt out function in place, make it automated(bounty set by the game) and or make those with War Horns have the higher bounty on their heads.

Edited by VinJade, 24 April 2016 - 02:27 PM.

#16 MechWarrior319348

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 997 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 02:28 PM

View PostVinJade, on 24 April 2016 - 02:24 PM, said:

simple, make sure there is an opt out function in place, make it automated(bounty set by the game) and or make those with War Horns have the higher bounty on their heads.

You got it. I think the way we'll do it is to make a new war horn, or use the one you are talking about. And design it so that while it is equipped, a bounty will pile up.

Hell, that sounds like a great idea, a bounty war horn.

You would only pile up a bounty while you have it equipped on your mech, and the bounty would stick to your specific mech until you remove the war horn.

The opt out feature would already be built in that way.

Edited by Gigliowanananacom, 24 April 2016 - 02:29 PM.

#17 VinJade

• 1,211 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 03:12 PM

maybe something else for those who have the horn, let them rack up maybe 10% more C-bills and if they get a kill they get a 25% bonus.

I figured if they are going to make themselves a target then let them get something out of it as well.

sound good?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users