#1 The Wolfpack75

• PipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 57 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 23 April 2016 - 01:28 PM

I've always been a big proponent of having the launch pattern for quick play be "Map, Mode, Mech". However, due to how match maker works it has always been "Mech, Map, Mode".

Besides saving custom loadouts for mechs I think the only other way to allow people to choose a mech based on the map/mode (which is logical) is to have players "reserve" the weight limit of the mech they would like to pilot.
SO if I want to go out in a Heavy I click on a "Reserve Heavy Weight Limit" button, match maker does its job, we vote for a map and mode, and then I select my mech from the range of Heavy mechs I have available.
This does mean that my team could end up under tonnage (as could the enemy team). And PGI could sell (for CBills/MC) "Mech Weight Switch" consumables that allow people to "upgrade" to a higher tonnage if the team is under the limit.
They could even have a slider that allows me to narrow it down to a certain weight further.

Anyway, I am sure this isn't a new idea but wanted to add my thoughts.

=D

Edited by The Wolfpack75, 23 April 2016 - 02:11 PM.

#2 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 02:08 PM

While this would still have issues with PGI's desire for perfect weight matching...
it seems like a decent thought,

#3 0rionsbane

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 123 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 03:44 PM

something suggested a long time ago, was that we have to have three variants of a mech to master it, why cant we switch between mech variants in the launch window for a specific map. so i could say have one very heat efficent nova for tera therma, and a long range one for polar highlands.
Anyway it would make the three chassis unlock less rudundant usually you find a favorite and play it the most anyway.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users