• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 891 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 23 April 2016 - 05:12 PM

Right, here's an idea.

Awesome is one of those 'Mechs that is heavily dependent on large numbers of DHS. The lack of critical space (you know, the 6 or 12 slots per component), can very easily add up. Using the 8Q / 9M as an example, if you were to have the stock 3x PPC / ER PPC, and you loaded up all the DHS you can (21 x DHS with 325 engine, 22 x DHS with 350 engine), you will find yourself with 2 critical slot on the LA, which cannot be utilised well on the 8Q (less problematic on the 9M if you intend to load an SRM 2 / 4 on LA). If you want to equip an AMS (Hardpoint is currently on LT), you have to make the sacrifice of 1 Double Heat Sink.

My suggestion is to move the AMS hardpoint from LT to LA so as to allow the Awesome the flexibility of defending against missiles while maximising Double Heat Sink count. Subtle change, but should be effective.

Before everyone get on my case and say why the Awesome should get special treatment, other 'Mechs can (and should) be reviewed to see whether doing this is necessary for them as well. It just so happens that I am making a case to throw a bone towards our beloved PPC boats.

#2 Vlad Striker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,414 posts
  • LocationOld Forest Colony

Posted 24 April 2016 - 10:42 AM

There is canon...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users