Sorry, But The Oxide Is Fine As Is

247 replies to this topic

#141 thehiddenedge

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 326 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 10:42 AM

I admit it's very strong at what it does, but it can only do one thing: brawl with SRM's. There's a difference between being strong at one thing and being outright OP. It's got high DPS sure, but we're talking about a weapons system with bad hitreg, relies on ammo, and has spread. Again, it's very strong, but I wouldn't call it OP. I mean, I guess I could understand toning down leg structure a bit, 16 is a little high for a light, but as a non-jumping light with a huge CT it needs some structure in the torsos. I honestly don't understand why the other Jenner's have no structure at all. I get that they have jumpjets, but they only negate so much damage.

#142 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 25 April 2016 - 10:43 AM

I love my Sara's Mech.

#143 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,785 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 25 April 2016 - 11:18 AM

View Postthehiddenedge, on 25 April 2016 - 10:42 AM, said:

I admit it's very strong at what it does, but it can only do one thing: brawl with SRM's.

Which is pretty much what lights are good for these days in 8v8. Since the range nerf (and nothing to make up for it) the only long range light worth anything died (the Raven). In some of the higher tonnage drops where brawling is not a strong option (which is map dependent) some of the mid range lights really become strong, but for the most part short range is where lights have excelled for a long time, and SRMs are short range (they just aren't quite as flexible as cSPLs can be).

There is a difference between being good at the niche and too strong at that niche, especially when the meta surrounds that niche.

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 25 April 2016 - 11:18 AM.

#144 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 25 April 2016 - 12:42 PM

View Postpwnface, on 25 April 2016 - 09:03 AM, said:

Just because you don't agree doesn't make it less true.

The Oxide is objectively the strongest Jenner available currently. The vast majority of competent players would agree with this. The Oxide is currently only obtainable with real money.

Based on these observations how can you say that "I do not agree that it is in fact locked behind real money as the strongest Jenner." The Oxide, according to your own assertion, is the strongest Jenner and it is a fact that it is locked behind real money. You are absolutely contradicting yourself.

The JR7-D is not comparable to the Oxide at all. The Oxide is objectively stronger. There is a reason lots of teams are doubling up on Oxides in MRBC and the JR7-D is non-existent. I get that you fancy yourself a great "Jenner pilot" but your bias is clearly showing here.

Is the Oxide OP? Not really, I don't think so. I also don't think it's a good idea for arguably the strongest light mech in the game to be real money purchase only. I'm not gonna cry about it either way though.

Then you mis-understood me. I mean, I do not agree with it being an MC only mech. This is where another part of the perceived OP'ness is coming from. Even though I earned mine through events. As I stated above, the Oxide is the king of the Jenners currently I have never argued this. However the Jenner D can give it a run for its money in a 1 on 1. I can obtain comparable damage and confusion with the D that I can with the Oxide. Make no mistake, I play the D much more than I play the Oxide.

I do not think the Oxide is overpowered. Until Assaults start learning to put armor on their rear and their legs. Every match is littered with mechs that strip armor.

View PostKhobai, on 25 April 2016 - 09:56 AM, said:

its pretty telling that the only players denying the oxide needs to be nerfed are players that use oxides. Thats usually a good indication something is overpowered... when the only people defending it are the ones abusing it.

it absolutely needs a nerf. at least 5% less srm cooldown. 15% is too much. 10% would be okay.

I think nearly all weapon quirks (particularly range and cooldown) should be capped at 10% because weapons get unbalanced/lopsided when they get bigger bonuses than that.

Well honestly quirks are a horrid way to balance this game.

View PostJikil, on 25 April 2016 - 10:24 AM, said:

1. MRBC wanted more interesting matches and every single team last season used a streakcrow, which in that circumstance can make up more than 50% of the power in a light/medium brawl.

2. Bringing up all the lights to being OP is only going to lead to more powercreep. Every game that does this ends up with ridiculous levels of power creep, because now the other classes have to be quirked twice as much to keep up with light mechs.

3. I'm not doubting your pilot skill, but personal vidoes don't account as solid evidence other than you had some fabulous matches in your Jenner.

4. I got 6 kills in a 3 AMS kitfox, and no one is going to say those are OP by any stretch.

5. I brawl pretty well with Jenners in my assault but its hard when they literally have the same dps as an atlas does but the mobility to also use it. Aside from streak mediums, mediums don't really counter light mechs, only focus fire does. Or maybe a better light mech pilot on your team.

6. So I should just hide with my Daishi buddy and live in constant fear that an oxide might find me?

7. Again thats just more powercreep, which is not good for the game. The tallest nail gets hammered down, and that nail is the Oxide. If you want to make a case for other mechs needing changes thats fine but they are independent of the oxide.

1. NOT AN MWO BALANCE ISSUE. Once again this is part of the problem. People watch MRBC replays and think OMFG Jenner iIC and Oxide are wrecking when the HARD COUNTER for lights is not allowed in that drop deck. Now play that same drop deck WITH streaks and see what happens.

2. Once again my opinion is that the OXIDE is not OP. I have lived in it long enough to know that one mistake and I am toast. Part of the issue of the perception is Hit Reg, until Hit Reg is completely fixed honestly a lot of things will not get better. But people do not consider Hit Reg as a problem but as a feature. They seem to feel that simply because the OXIDE is not dying its the awesome +11 structure to its CT. Hit Reg affects ALL mechs. Can not tell you how many times I have put two to three alphas in an assaults legs and no damage register. THAT needs to be fixed before any more balance changes for any mechs

3. Oh make no mistake, I have bad matches as well, usually when I got in front of an assault pilot who knew what he was doing. I have plenty of videos of me with sub 200 damage as well. Just turn the corner and the next thing you know its Tuesday. Personally I think some of my video's point out MUCH of the perception problems. Assaults strip their armor in their legs mainly but also their backs. and then complain when they die.

4. I got 9 kills in a Kit Fox with 2 LPL's theres a pic of it around the forums somewhere. EVERY MECH seems OP when stuff like that happens and no I do not think the KF is.

5. I have to disagree with you here. The new 4v4 mode shows very well that when mediums are equipped for short range brawling and light hunting they decimate even the OXIDE. Its the point now, i will not bring a light to that mode. 3 mediums and a Pirates Bane. The OXIDE may have high DPS but it takes up to 8 alphas to kill an Atlas (If Full Armor) if you try to leg him. Which is about the only way to kill a COMPETENT Atlas pilot. It takes 1 alpha from that Atlas to kill me, you do the math.

6. Why not, I hide from Dire wolves, and atlas's as much as possible. They scare the bejeebus out of me. This is why I hide and get in behind them. The moment I put myself in front of them I am smoking metal.

7. I think I have brought up several GREAT points on the perception of the OP'ness of the Oxide, I can not help it if people will not at least consider the possibility that the perception of OP'ness is far greater than the actuality.

As I have stated many times, the Oixde is the King of the Jenners and in the top 3 of the Lights IMHO. However it is far from invincible any light for that matter is. I think the Jenner D is a close 2nd to the OXIDE in the Jenner Hierarchy, which if able to really play can give the Oxide a run for his money over any other Jenner. The Oxide is really only lethal under 75 meters, anything beyond that and Dispersion really comes into play.

As I stated above, make no mistake, I play the D much more than I play the Oxide.

Edited by Darian DelFord, 25 April 2016 - 12:48 PM.

#145 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,785 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 12:58 PM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 25 April 2016 - 12:42 PM, said:

However it is far from invincible any light for that matter is.

Being OP isn't about being invincible, it is about being too high of power in comparison with everything else even if it is 'niche'. It doesn't need much in the way of nerfs to bring it more in line with the Jenner IIC, but it does need something.

#146 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,558 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 April 2016 - 01:13 PM

In case anybody is curious, I tallied the top "doubled" mechs in MRBC, here's the result: https://docs.google....#gid=1959042978

Just for NA div A, div B, and EU div A.

Oxide was doubled 22 out of 34 light drops.
Jenner IIC was doubled only 4 times.

#147 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 25 April 2016 - 01:14 PM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 25 April 2016 - 12:58 PM, said:

Being OP isn't about being invincible, it is about being too high of power in comparison with everything else even if it is 'niche'. It doesn't need much in the way of nerfs to bring it more in line with the Jenner IIC, but it does need something.

New quirks would be a solution to it, considering it is ammo based.

I never liked the quirkening talk, but I'll delve into it if I have to; If I could, I would tone it down in the Structure quirks (pwnface) and it's weapons quirks (Ultimax), and then give it a new quirk, a ammo based quirk, considering it is only M hardpoints.

The ammo quirk could go like this:

Ammo bonus =

Ammo per ton( Varies, like if it's MG ammo then the base is 2000, but if it's a lbx 10 it's 15)

X

Mech Tonnage

÷

Overall tonnage of weapon (like if you are using 4 IS SRM6, then it's 12, and so on.)

÷

Crit Space left on mech (per say, if there's 76/78 crits, then two, and so on.)

So If I'm in a Oxide (Example) using 4 SRM 6, with about 3 crit slots left, I get an extra ~97 SRM missiles per ton.

Not only would I be balancing the quirks, but I would also be balancing it with it's engine as well, considering some people go with a smaller engine in order to get more ammo. This would allow people to take a XL 300 with SRM 16, with 3 tons of ammo, plus the bonus ammo quirk, would yield 591 Missiles for the Oxide.

I don't know if the formula for the ammo quirk is good.

#148 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 01:14 PM

yeah well quirks shouldve only been used to differentiate similar mechs and help underpowered mechs.

quirks never shouldve been used as a balancing tool for clan vs IS tech

#149 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 25 April 2016 - 01:16 PM

View PostKhobai, on 25 April 2016 - 01:14 PM, said:

yeah well quirks shouldve only been used to differentiate similar mechs and help underpowered mechs.

quirks never shouldve been used as a balancing tool for clan vs IS tech

I would prefer what me and Odanan want; expand the skill tree instead of quirks, to add variety to mechs.

#150 Metaccini Alfredo

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationMaui

Posted 25 April 2016 - 01:25 PM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 25 April 2016 - 12:42 PM, said:

Then you mis-understood me. I mean, I do not agree with it being an MC only mech. This is where another part of the perceived OP'ness is coming from. Even though I earned mine through events. As I stated above, the Oxide is the king of the Jenners currently I have never argued this. However the Jenner D can give it a run for its money in a 1 on 1. I can obtain comparable damage and confusion with the D that I can with the Oxide. Make no mistake, I play the D much more than I play the Oxide.

I do not think the Oxide is overpowered. Until Assaults start learning to put armor on their rear and their legs. Every match is littered with mechs that strip armor.

1. NOT AN MWO BALANCE ISSUE. Once again this is part of the problem. People watch MRBC replays and think OMFG Jenner iIC and Oxide are wrecking when the HARD COUNTER for lights is not allowed in that drop deck. Now play that same drop deck WITH streaks and see what happens.

2. Once again my opinion is that the OXIDE is not OP. I have lived in it long enough to know that one mistake and I am toast. Part of the issue of the perception is Hit Reg, until Hit Reg is completely fixed honestly a lot of things will not get better. But people do not consider Hit Reg as a problem but as a feature. They seem to feel that simply because the OXIDE is not dying its the awesome +11 structure to its CT. Hit Reg affects ALL mechs. Can not tell you how many times I have put two to three alphas in an assaults legs and no damage register. THAT needs to be fixed before any more balance changes for any mechs

3. Oh make no mistake, I have bad matches as well, usually when I got in front of an assault pilot who knew what he was doing. I have plenty of videos of me with sub 200 damage as well. Just turn the corner and the next thing you know its Tuesday. Personally I think some of my video's point out MUCH of the perception problems. Assaults strip their armor in their legs mainly but also their backs. and then complain when they die.

4. I got 9 kills in a Kit Fox with 2 LPL's theres a pic of it around the forums somewhere. EVERY MECH seems OP when stuff like that happens and no I do not think the KF is.

5. I have to disagree with you here. The new 4v4 mode shows very well that when mediums are equipped for short range brawling and light hunting they decimate even the OXIDE. Its the point now, i will not bring a light to that mode. 3 mediums and a Pirates Bane. The OXIDE may have high DPS but it takes up to 8 alphas to kill an Atlas (If Full Armor) if you try to leg him. Which is about the only way to kill a COMPETENT Atlas pilot. It takes 1 alpha from that Atlas to kill me, you do the math.

6. Why not, I hide from Dire wolves, and atlas's as much as possible. They scare the bejeebus out of me. This is why I hide and get in behind them. The moment I put myself in front of them I am smoking metal.

7. I think I have brought up several GREAT points on the perception of the OP'ness of the Oxide, I can not help it if people will not at least consider the possibility that the perception of OP'ness is far greater than the actuality.

As I have stated many times, the Oixde is the King of the Jenners and in the top 3 of the Lights IMHO. However it is far from invincible any light for that matter is. I think the Jenner D is a close 2nd to the OXIDE in the Jenner Hierarchy, which if able to really play can give the Oxide a run for his money over any other Jenner. The Oxide is really only lethal under 75 meters, anything beyond that and Dispersion really comes into play.

As I stated above, make no mistake, I play the D much more than I play the Oxide.

just uber buff srms on the jr7d or... for super lulz, a massive cooldown on the -k

could you imagine a -k literally machinegunning srm4's? muahaha

#151 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 25 April 2016 - 01:44 PM

View PostTarogato, on 25 April 2016 - 01:13 PM, said:

In case anybody is curious, I tallied the top "doubled" mechs in MRBC, here's the result: https://docs.google....#gid=1959042978

Thanks for the tabulation, I found it interesting. While you can make ANY stat say whatever you want, but the 1 drop where STREAKS were BANNED, you saw the most doubling up on Oxides. Drop 2 3 and 4 they are almost negligible. Very Very Interesting, IMHO, that the one drop where the hard counter for lights is banned, you have the most of them. Granted I know the tonnage limits, but still compared to the other drops its rather staggering.

If I am reading it right, if I am not i apologize as my work computer SUCKS at formatting things like that.

View PostScout Derek, on 25 April 2016 - 01:16 PM, said:

I would prefer what me and Odanan want; expand the skill tree instead of quirks, to add variety to mechs.

I have been a main proponent of something like this for a long long long time. Let the individual Variant Trees breath variety in this game. If I want my Jenner D to be a knife fighter let me spec him out that way to the exclusion of a long range sniper and so on.

View PostMetaccini Alfredo, on 25 April 2016 - 01:25 PM, said:

just uber buff srms on the jr7d or... for super lulz, a massive cooldown on the -k

could you imagine a -k literally machinegunning srm4's? muahaha

Poor Poor K, I really feel sorry for him, However 4 SPL's and an SRM 6 can be extremely irritating

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 25 April 2016 - 12:58 PM, said:

.I am all about objectivity, even though I am passionate about my Jenners. However from where I sit in the pilot seat of Jenners, and believe me, that is about all I every play. I see sooooooo many assaults and heavies skimp, not turn right, and just flat out go solo. And it happens almost every match. Even in comp play ALOT of the builds require reduced armor which thereby makes them more vulnerable to light ambush.

Edited by Darian DelFord, 25 April 2016 - 01:47 PM.

#152 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,785 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 01:52 PM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 25 April 2016 - 01:44 PM, said:

Even in comp play ALOT of the builds require reduced armor which thereby makes them more vulnerable to light ambush.

No they don't, at most the Whale typically runs lower leg armor, but none of the other builds require lower armor, and that's often not where they die, and taking more rear armor isn't really a viable solution since you need front armor as well being the biggest target (and the fact rear armor only goes so far).

Look I'm not even talking about assault battles being where they shine, it is typically in the lower to mid range tonnages where they shine (lower end is somewhat dependent on no streaks though). They can be handy in higher end tonnages, but they aren't normally able to do near as much with that much firepower potential floating around generally being relegated to chasing down enemy lights.

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 25 April 2016 - 01:54 PM.

#153 Jikil

• PipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 83 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 01:57 PM

I am all about objectivity, even though I am passionate about my Jenners. However from where I sit in the pilot seat of Jenners, and believe me, that is about all I every play. I see sooooooo many assaults and heavies skimp, not turn right, and just flat out go solo. And it happens almost every match. Even in comp play ALOT of the builds require reduced armor which thereby makes them more vulnerable to light ambush.

No one wants to remove Jenners from play and I actually like watching lights fight. Its fun to see such a difference when you've just died in your assault mech.

All people want is for the Oxide and maybe the Jenner IIC to be brought in line with other light mechs.

The initial release of the cheeta was awful because you could literally put an alpha strike into it while shutdown and it would power up and run off. After they removed the quirks it had a serious disadvantage in its heat so you could still play it to great effect but flamers would literally cripple the mech.

The oxide has no such weakness, and its pretty much the best all round light mech right now. I think many other mechs need to be brought down as well, like the black knight and the mauler. But you can't sit there and expect everyone to just accept the oxide as the new norm especially when its locked behind real money.

I can't expect hit reg being an issue that can be fixed considering they can't even get ammo switching to work. But they can change quirks. If they do fix hit reg then they can always revisit the quirks if it makes light mechs total ****. But lets not use that as an excuse to let oxides go unchecked.

#154 Wraith 1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 03:18 PM

I'm still doing better in my Battlemasters and Maulers in 12v12s.

I'm still doing better in my Centurions in Scouting.

This is not due to a lack of experience on my part. The Oxide is my most played mech, and I started playing it with its release stats.

The Oxide is extremely strong at the moment, but it's not stronger than good mechs from larger weight classes. That said, I don't like the strongest light in the game being behind a paywall. I'd be happy to lose the structure quirks on the Oxide if they brought the CB variants up a notch (maybe two notches for the 7-K.)

As for the fire rate quirks, the Oxide needs to be able to do something better than the IIC. It doesn't have JJs and it gives up a lot of speed to be able to mount those bulky IS SRM launchers. The DPS is fine for how much more vulnerable and less maneuverable it is compared to other lights.

#155 MechWarrior5152251

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 03:42 PM

I have only seen one person produce even one video of an Oxide match. Sure the Oxide killed several mechs but the pilots were terribads, walking right past the oxide and not noticing it. I have only seen Oxides break 1000 damage a few times, while I see TDR, TBRs, Dires, etc scoring over 1000 very regularly. Compared to other lights its a good mech, but still not as good as an ACH.

#156 DrxAbstract

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 25 April 2016 - 03:44 PM

View PostTarogato, on 25 April 2016 - 01:13 PM, said:

Interesting... So applying the same logic used in this thread, the MX90 Mauler also needs to have its quirks reduced.

To reiterate once more: Any argument based on information derived from MRBC results and statistics regarding the Oxide's balancing is irrelevant. It's not an accurate reflection of any actual conditions within MWO itself and had this been a scientific venture, it would have been discarded as such.

People are discussing using nothing but opinions, omissions of facts and ambiguous, misleading information while ignoring true logic, facts, and actualities either because they dont understand it, didn't consider it, or it's an inconvenience to their opinion.

"Currently the best Light in the game." Not only is this a false statement, it's completely impossible to prove it one way or another. It's an opinion. Keep your "soandso tested it" nonsense to yourself - You cant accurately test that theory and anyone with scientific sense would have told you that a long time ago. Your 'tests' mean absolutely nothing to anyone capable of objective thinking, are useless for anything other than supporting invalid arguments and swaying uninformed opinions.

Its Alpha is average for a combat Light and even less accurate. Fact
It has less or equal survivability than an ACH, FS9, Adder, Kitfox, Spider, Myst Lynx and Locust. Fact.
Its DPS is 18.44% higher than an ACH with 6 Spl and 19.8% higher than an FS9-A, but 40% lower than an Atlas-S with 4xSRM6, 1 AC20. Fact.

(AS7-S)
4xASRM6 + 27% CD = 17.67 DPS
AC20 + 17% CD = 6.02 DPS
Total DPS: 23.69
Total Alpha: 71.6
Minimum Alphas to kill Oxide: 1

(Oxide)
4xSRM4 + 32% CD = 16.86 DPS
Total DPS: 16.86
Total Alpha: 34.4
Minimum Alphas to kill Atlas: 3+

It does not do as much DPS as the Atlas, and has less than half the Alpha damage. Fact.

Arguing the Oxide does more DPS/DPA than largely unused variants/builds of Mechs with the goal of reducing its effectiveness is invalid.
Arguing largely unused variants/builds of Mechs do less DPS/DPA than popular builds/variants with the goal of having their effectiveness increased is valid.

The only two valid concerns with the Oxide are its rate of fire and its minimal heat production. Aside from those two things, everything else is pure conjecture; opinions and anecdotes do not qualify as a foundation for legitimate discussion.

Remove the Missile Heat Gen quirk altogether, decrease the Cooldown Quirk from 15% to 10%. Done.

If you want it to be as powerful as other Lights, then bring those Lights up to its level or drag it, and every other Mech: Mediums, Heavies and Assaults, down to the same level as the underperformers. In reality, relatively low Alpha Damage Lights with DPS approaching or matching that of Assault Mechs with considerations toward ranges, hardpoints, etc. is very much a valid and necessary component to ensuring true balance among the weight classes. Otherwise there's absolutely no point in playing them... which is a very real problem in MWO right now.

Edited by DrxAbstract, 25 April 2016 - 04:04 PM.

#157 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,558 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 April 2016 - 04:00 PM

View PostDrxAbstract, on 25 April 2016 - 03:44 PM, said:

Interesting... So applying the same logic used in this thread, the MX90 Mauler also needs to have its quirks reduced.

... and I would agree. The only two assaults people bring competitively right now are basically the MAL-MX90 and the AS7-S. Everything you see is either because of the MRBC duplicate restriction or because of some really niche applications (like fast jumpy brawly EXE or rangy pokey BNC)

#158 Ultimax

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 04:22 PM

I am all about objectivity

No, really, you aren't or this thread wouldn't have come into existence.

You do realize that even making a thread like this, no matter how its titled, simply draws more PGI attention to Oxides - right?

158 posts later, thanks for doing the work for us!

Edited by Ultimax, 25 April 2016 - 04:22 PM.

#159 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 25 April 2016 - 04:32 PM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 25 April 2016 - 01:52 PM, said:

No they don't, at most the Whale typically runs lower leg armor, but none of the other builds require lower armor, and that's often not where they die, and taking more rear armor isn't really a viable solution since you need front armor as well being the biggest target (and the fact rear armor only goes so far).

Look I'm not even talking about assault battles being where they shine, it is typically in the lower to mid range tonnages where they shine (lower end is somewhat dependent on no streaks though). They can be handy in higher end tonnages, but they aren't normally able to do near as much with that much firepower potential floating around generally being relegated to chasing down enemy lights.

I will agree that every "team" has their own way of doing things, while some may not strip armor, some do. Can I prove it with a pic or a video no, other than leg armor turning red after 1 alpha. I understand "in comp" that rear armor is not a factor and I get it. But it does happen, in solo queue, group queue, and community warfare or what ever the hell they are calling it now.

Ask anyone who knows me and they will tell you I absolutely SUCK in a heavy or an assault. Lights (Jenners) are just my strength. Oxides are strong in MRBC drop 1, this has been covered as well as the reason why they are strong by me. Personally I am seeing if they are "SO" OP then why are comp teams NOT using a lance of them "Drop Rules Not With Standing" to wreck face. We all know that a lance of Oxides would absolutely destroy a team in Solo or Group Queue "IF you could get 4" But yet you do not see this.

This part tells me that the OXiDE is VERY STRONG in drop one, but not so in the later drops, based on that fact you have to ask yourself why is that? Once again, just my own opinion and why I defend against the OP aspect BASED on MRBC. Nothing against you Kalasa I actually respect your knowledge and skill, but this is how I see it and the reason I counterpoint, if that makes any sense

View PostUltimax, on 25 April 2016 - 04:22 PM, said:

No, really, you aren't or this thread wouldn't have come into existence.

You do realize that even making a thread like this, no matter how its titled, simply draws more PGI attention to Oxides - right?

158 posts later, thanks for doing the work for us!

Oh I am sure the tweets did that long before this post.

Case in Point

Posted Image

Edited by Darian DelFord, 25 April 2016 - 04:35 PM.

#160 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 04:34 PM

View PostDrxAbstract, on 25 April 2016 - 03:44 PM, said:

"Currently the best Light in the game." Not only is this a false statement, it's completely impossible to prove it one way or another. It's an opinion. Keep your "soandso tested it" nonsense to yourself - You cant accurately test that theory and anyone with scientific sense would have told you that a long time ago. Your 'tests' mean absolutely nothing to anyone capable of objective thinking, are useless for anything other than supporting invalid arguments and swaying uninformed opinions.

Anytime someone says mech A is good or mech B is bad, it's an opinion. You don't have to prove opinions as facts.
If 90% of competitive players think the Oxide is the best light mech that means the majority of opinions align in one direction. MRBC statistics are the best way for us to gauge these opinions.

You don't need FACTS to justify what is good and what is bad.

If 100 people think poo tastes terrible but 1 person thinks poo tastes great it has no bearing on whether poo is factually good tasting or not. It's a matter of opinion, however overwhelming opinion in one direction holds a lot more water than the few.

So no, it's not a FACT that Oxides are the best light mech in the game, however the overwhelming majority of competitive players' opinions align with that conclusion and that is plenty good enough for me. (especially since I happen the have the same opinion)

Edited by pwnface, 25 April 2016 - 04:35 PM.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users