A Few Ideas Concerning Units

3 replies to this topic

#1 Wulfgang VonStryker

Rookie

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 01:57 AM

Hello Russ and Friends. I usually leave the Forum posting to my unit commander ccrider, but this time the topic is important enough to me that I am speaking up. I have loved this game ever since ccrider talked me into joining as a Founder. I believe in the importance of units and the importance of individual unit members, everyone has a place and something they can contribute. I think it is a shame that so many players spend so much time outside a unit. To this end, I would like to offer a few thoughts that I think would greatly improve the unit scene. I know I am going to step on a few toes with this first one, obviously I am willing to take the heat. My first suggestion is a unit size cap of around 150 to 200 players. This would give every unit a chance to grow rather than have some that dominate the game by sheer size. Your idea about charging units c-bills to recruit was unique, but in my humble opinion it only impedes the growth of the smaller units, not the larger ones. By limiting the number of players a unit may have, you are better able to guarantee the growth of smaller units. My second suggestion goes hand in hand with this idea, as it would make it easier for people to find a unit to join. I would like to see players have the ability to access general information about a unit by clicking on a unit members name. This would be information such as unit size and orientation (are they a merc or loyalist?), as well as a link to contact the unit member for more information. As to this link, I would also like to suggest a change to the in-game mail system. I would like to see each player be able to receive mail sent to them even if they are off line, allowing it to be available when they log in next. This would guarantee that inquiries about units and the replies could both be received much easier. Every other game I have played that uses in-game mail has this feature. I realize that you are a small group endeavoring to create something monumental, and I commend your efforts. Thank you for your time.

#2 Pelassaria B Wolf

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 02:20 AM

For example:

While the UI of the main lobby screen has been cleaned up a lot, many thing still feel very second-hand or recessed compared to the empowering robbit in the middle of the screen as you log in.

Most MMORPGs now have an in-game mailing system, systems where a simple right click into a left click could open up expanded stats of a single player while telling us whether he/she is enticing enough for an invite to a clan/unit.

In addition to the news bulletin that always open as we enter the screen, why not have an additional window that's smaller and attached to the side, detailing whatever messages were sent to you or have been announced to the whole unit, on the side?

It makes unit organization a lot more... Organized while allowing for more than just a general MOTD for everyone.

In that way, the relationships between players wouldn't be as transient as and when you see, meet or play with them.

#3 Pahrias

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 190 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 02:33 AM

Another idea i feel would help with both recruitment and community relations, is a global chat. the faction chat is nice for shooting the breeze while waiting for a drop, however its only available while in the faction play tab. Bring this chat box to the frontend, and put a global chat feature on there too. might even help with actually getting a game too, seeing as how you could ask your opposition to meet you on said planet.

#4 Salah Al din

• Pip
  • The Spear
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 01:02 AM

All those ideas are good. Another idea is to separate our friends (in our friend list) by factions. Is more easier to find our friends by factions if we try to invite them to a Faction Play match. This widow could be separate by fation tag. This way we can see if any other unit member from a given faction are online and make more organised groups for FP. Thanks all

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users