Bounty System: Get Revenge And Generate Mc Revenue.

5 replies to this topic

#1 WillyPete

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 08:03 AM

Don't like a player? Put a bounty on their head.
The player dorito turns into a $ and the player with the kill gets the MC you donated.
5MC minimum.

If the "Wanted" mechwarrior survives, the bounty sticks to them for the next game.

Use the player roster at match start or end to assign a bounty.

Players get a sliding achievement rank for the number of bounties they collect.
PGI could represent it as :

• "ears" on a string hanging in the cockpit.
  • A kill count decal to be placed on the mech (when they implement "dekkals")
  • Titles
  • Kill stripe camos that can be traded for the bounty MC.

#2 VinJade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 08:26 AM

so in other words you want to ruin the game?
its hard enough to get a team to work together.
and we all know that everyone sooner or later plays on the same side or have you forgotten that Will?
Do you think anyone would want to work with a player who put a bounty on their head?

and yes I think the player who put a bounty on another should be shown on the boards so they can be shunned by other players so they know who never to help or to kill regardless on who's side they are on.

a player who puts any bounty on anyone should be fair game for all players and not seen as a TK.

now if there was an opt out where players cannot have a bounty placed on their heads nor put one on others EVER then sure lets do it.

on a side note;
I am starting to notice a trend here, it seems like players of a dead faction after the clans showed up seem to like to cause some sort of strife among the player base.

Edited by VinJade, 24 April 2016 - 08:30 AM.

#3 The Wolfpack75

• PipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 57 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 24 April 2016 - 08:39 AM

View PostWillyPete, on 24 April 2016 - 08:03 AM, said:

Don't like a player? Put a bounty on their head.
The player dorito turns into a $ and the player with the kill gets the MC you donated.
5MC minimum.

If the "Wanted" mechwarrior survives, the bounty sticks to them for the next game.

Use the player roster at match start or end to assign a bounty.

Players get a sliding achievement rank for the number of bounties they collect.
PGI could represent it as :
  • "ears" on a string hanging in the cockpit.
  • A kill count decal to be placed on the mech (when they implement "dekkals")
  • Titles
  • Kill stripe camos that can be traded for the bounty MC.

I like the concept of a player generated economic piece but it sounds like "legalized" griefing to some extent. If this was a solo/free for all game I could see this happening easily. But in a team game it feels like it could generate some harsh feelings between some people.
After all, would there be a limit as to how often a person could be targeted via bounties?
In addition we've all seen entire teams "chase the squirrel" (try to get the kill of one light mech), what is to prevent a similar thing from happening when an enemy has an active MC bounty?

#4 VinJade

• 1,211 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 08:43 AM

@Wolfpack
notice how he didn't put anything about no TKing if the player with the bounty on their head is in the same team?

I wonder if this is also a way for him to get away with TKing?

anyways back on topic
the whole thing is nothing but a way to legally griefing someone.
The system would cause nothing but strife among the player base and pgi is already having a hard time getting players and keeping them.

have any idea how long it would take to drive off new or even older players?

and think of the backlash pgi could suffer if a youtuber plays and gets a bounty on his head?

this isn't a what if as there is a youtuber from the games theory channel known as G gomba and he does in fact play this game and his name is clearly seen when he plays live.

it takes years to build ones credibility but only a day to have it destroyed..

Edited by VinJade, 24 April 2016 - 08:56 AM.

#5 WillyPete

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 02:25 AM

View PostVinJade, on 24 April 2016 - 08:43 AM, said:

@Wolfpack
notice how he didn't put anything about no TKing if the player with the bounty on their head is in the same team?

Does the obvious have to be stated? Intentional TK'ing is against the ToS, so why would any system implemented encourage that.

Also, you'd have to be an ******* to TK your team.

View PostThe Wolfpack75, on 24 April 2016 - 08:39 AM, said:

In addition we've all seen entire teams "chase the squirrel" (try to get the kill of one light mech), what is to prevent a similar thing from happening when an enemy has an active MC bounty?

A totally valid tactic. A light with a bounty could drag away plenty of scrubs and end with a whitewash.
People need to avoid Target Fixation.

View PostVinJade, on 24 April 2016 - 08:26 AM, said:

so in other words you want to ruin the game?
its hard enough to get a team to work together.
and we all know that everyone sooner or later plays on the same side or have you forgotten that Will?
Do you think anyone would want to work with a player who put a bounty on their head?

and yes I think the player who put a bounty on another should be shown on the boards so they can be shunned by other players so they know who never to help or to kill regardless on who's side they are on.

a player who puts any bounty on anyone should be fair game for all players and not seen as a TK.

now if there was an opt out where players cannot have a bounty placed on their heads nor put one on others EVER then sure lets do it.

on a side note;
I am starting to notice a trend here, it seems like players of a dead faction after the clans showed up seem to like to cause some sort of strife among the player base.

I'm not sure how that's relevant here?

#6 VinJade

• 1,211 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 06:13 AM

which part?
the fact that this system could ruin pgi by p***ing off a youtuber because of such a stupid and foolish system or the fact I have noticed a trend?

causing strife has everything to do with this type of thing, but at least the other one that predates yours has an opt out in terms of needing an item to even get a bounty on one's head.

This system you got lacks that opt out option which means this is just a way to cause trouble as a whole. after all if someone didn't fight the way the person placing the 'bounty' on wanted them to, they could just do this and ruin the game for them while also hurting the team cohesion which is hard to even have already because of grudges.

and to be honest I would defend any player that tks anyone that put a bounty on their head as anyone who does so should be exempt from the protection of the TK rules in the TOS.

a person puts a bounty on someone, their name gets highlighted crimson and anyone and everyone will have a right to kill the one who put the bounty on their head regardless of the side the person is on.

and if you want to place a bounty you should be forced to have your name in a thread that is updated.

now this Bounty system is a much better idea.

Edited by VinJade, 25 April 2016 - 06:16 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users