Stuck In Drop Deck Screen

51 replies to this topic

#41 Tier5 Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 12:38 AM

I heard an advice ingame to try right shift+F11 when this happens. It will turn off the hud. Click again to restore it.

Haven't been able to actually test it. Tried it once but as I had several mechs still to choose from and "change", it usually goes over anyway in that situation after next drop period, so I don't know if it worked or not.

Best practice is always to change your mech selection few times before you actually drop. I do this and get this very rarely now.

#42 HooverGKMMC

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 01:21 PM

View PostTeer Kerensky, on 24 July 2017 - 12:38 AM, said:

I heard an advice ingame to try right shift+F11 when this happens. It will turn off the hud. Click again to restore it.

Well that did indeed turn off the HUD - but the select screen is still there. I *sometimes* have luck switching off the mech I'm dropping in to another, then back - that *sometimes* recycles me the next time the dropship comes in.

Come on, PGI - this thread was started OVER A YEAR AGO and it still isn't fixed.

Edited by HooverGKMMC, 24 July 2017 - 01:32 PM.

#43 Blamokapow

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 06:58 PM

it's a horrible glitch and ruins whole faction fights. it's the reason I only play quick play anymore.

#44 Hollows21

Rookie

• The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 01:27 AM

This problem has been going on for a long while, and when trying to bring up scores over 150 with out being sniped at spawn while stuck in the drop deck really stinks since players can not get the points and those that are not stuck in the selection screen get free kills left and right making an unfair advantage to all players. Also, the problem has been getting worse lately since back in Jan it was not really much of a problem and now in July the problem has increased dramatically to where most players have this issue (Personal conversations with players on both Clan and IS teams in faction play on this situation). Hopefully PGI gets to the bottom of this persistent problem that has gotten worse over the time.

#45 Dante Chance

Rookie

• The Raider
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 08:06 AM

This happened to me tonight during a siege. I lost my first mech then selected my second during a first wave push on attack side in seige. Issue didn't correct itself until the enemy came to our spawn to kill me after everyone else had disconnected. The next two mechs were fine for the two seconds they were alive for.

I can confirm that swearing and having a cigarette did not fix the the issue.

Edited by Dante Chance, 26 July 2017 - 08:08 AM.

#46 Blacktooth

Rookie

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 06:26 PM

Same thing happens to me on every match i'm in! Its disappointing at the least.

#47 Twitch dot TV slash Lolthulhu

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 11:47 AM

Opinion poll: Which is sadder? The fact that it took them 5 years to put in a general chat feature, or that this bug has been in the game for over a year?
I seriously have never played a game with as lazy of a dev team. EVER. And I've played THOUSANDS of ****** mmos. In beta. None of them had devs that would continue to push new paid content as fast while ignoring such game-breaking bugs for so long.

#48 DeathWolf11

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 04:17 PM

This glitch has hit me almost every match and every time i tried re-loging to get rid of it i got a penalty so now when it hits my last mech i just sit waiting for someone to win, the enemy team to come and kill me, or for the timer to run out, since the odds of winning after being hit with it are pretty low. And of course the glitch lowers match score which is pretty messed up during events that run entirely based on match  score.
Either the glitch needs to be fixed or we need a button to get rid of the drop deck screen

Edited by DeathWolf11, 29 July 2017 - 05:51 PM.

#49 Marcus Kyle

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 7 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 01 August 2017 - 01:22 PM

I'm a new player to this game and frankly am really fed up with thid error ruining my Faction Play experience! After all these posts I can't believe PGI haven't made any comment or announcement about committing to fix it. Apalling.....

#50 deRiper

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:53 PM

Got the same problem as well...

Edited by deRiper, 03 August 2017 - 09:53 PM.

#51 NARC BAIT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 04 August 2017 - 07:40 AM

you guys having this issue recently appear need to be sending an actual email to technical@mwomercs.com

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users