#1 Surn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 23 April 2016 - 08:19 AM

http://steamcharts.com/app/342200#3m Well, the numbers are in...

Since the February patch that buffed clan energy range and targeting computers and set all IS energy range to a max of 10% ... Steam players are down 60%! further unbalancing since that patch has added structure quirks to many clan mechs and fw tonnage for the now superior clan mechs is set even. No one wants to play a game where there is no balance and it is worse than ever. Clan mechs are faster, take more damage and have higher dps and range.

Edited by MechregSurn, 23 April 2016 - 02:13 PM.

#2 ExplicitContent

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 335 posts
  • LocationSolaris Arena

Posted 23 April 2016 - 08:22 AM

Correlation does not equal causation. Interesting data and thought, but not necessarily true.

View PostMechregSurn, on 23 April 2016 - 08:19 AM, said:

No one wants to play a game where there is no balance and it is worst than ever. Clan mechs are faster, take more damage and have higher dps and range.

I don't even know how to respond to this part...

Edited by ExplicitContent, 23 April 2016 - 08:23 AM.

#3 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 23 April 2016 - 08:23 AM

0/10, would not be trolled again

#4 Jeffrey Wilder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 08:27 AM

View PostExplicitContent, on 23 April 2016 - 08:22 AM, said:

Correlation does not equal causation. Interesting data and thought, but not necessarily true.

I don't even know how to respond to this part...

Me too.

#5 2fast2stompy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 158 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 08:27 AM

Since the February patch that made the flamers ugly... Steam players are down 60%!!!!!1!

#6 pbiggz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,685 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 23 April 2016 - 08:30 AM

lol good joke. pls post your stats degree as well as the scholarly journal you've published your well cited findings in proving that the drop in players has everything to do with your psychotic inferiority complex and not that the game has a terrible turnover rate and a ***** of a learning curve and punishes team players.

View Post2fast2stompy, on 23 April 2016 - 08:27 AM, said:

Since the February patch that made the flamers ugly... Steam players are down 60%!!!!!1!

Since the february patch, the weather has gotten nicer outside! Steam players down 60 %!!!1!!!1!!!!

#7 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 23 April 2016 - 08:34 AM

View PostMechregSurn, on 23 April 2016 - 08:19 AM, said:

http://steamcharts.com/app/342200#3m Well, the numbers are in...

Since the February patch that buffed clan energy range and targeting computers and set all IS energy range to a max of 10% ... Steam players are down 60%! further unbalancing since that patch has added structure quirks to many clan mechs and fw tonnage for the now superior clan mechs is set even. No one wants to play a game where there is no balance and it is worst than ever. Clan mechs are faster, take more damage and have higher dps and range.

Since the patch that brought the skill tree nerfs, and clan giga-nerfs to speed loss on ST destruction, and clan medium and small class laser fall off, and buffed the bejeezus out of the IS mechs, steam player counts are down.

See...I can make statements that show correlation without direct causality as well...

Edited by Gyrok, 23 April 2016 - 08:35 AM.

#8 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 23 April 2016 - 08:37 AM

Blinks shakes head.

I know I shouldn't reply, I know I should just lwt this sink into the sands of time, but I thought I would give others the opportunity, to see the crazy opinions that get placed on these boards.

Can't help but wonder if this level of stupid is why twitter and not here gets used for communication

I don't use steam to log into this game, there is little to no point, so you can add another person to the list that 'proves' this game is dead. and its all the february patches fault.

Edited by Cathy, 23 April 2016 - 08:42 AM.

#9 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 23 April 2016 - 08:39 AM

View Postpbiggz, on 23 April 2016 - 08:30 AM, said:

lol good joke. pls post your stats degree as well as the scholarly journal you've published your well cited findings in proving that the drop in players has everything to do with your psychotic inferiority complex and not that the game has a terrible turnover rate and a ***** of a learning curve and punishes team players.

Since the february patch, the weather has gotten nicer outside! Steam players down 60 %!!!1!!!1!!!!

or that the vast majority of games on steam have crap retention rates as steam mostly caters to the adhd masses who jump to whatever looks shiniest at the moment anyhow. (Not saying others don't use it, just the current state of society, in gaming, music, movies, tv..... heck try to get most people to actually listen to a whole ALBUM these days instead of their 3 minute bites.... )

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 23 April 2016 - 08:42 AM.

#10 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 23 April 2016 - 08:41 AM

View PostCathy, on 23 April 2016 - 08:37 AM, said:

Can't help but wonder if this level of stupid is why twitter and not here gets used for communication

It certainly does leave one intrigued as to how they even managed to find the forums at all with so little going on in their mental faculties.

#11 Aresye

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 08:41 AM

I mean, he might be on to something. After all, after the IS got super buffed in the Dec. 4th path, Steam players went up 100% in MWO!

#12 Narcissistic Martyr

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 23 April 2016 - 08:42 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 23 April 2016 - 08:39 AM, said:

or that the vast majority of game son steam have crap retention rates as steam mostly caters to the adhd masses who jump to whatever looks shiniest at the moment anyhow. (Not saying others don't use it, just the current state of society, in gaming, music, movies, tv..... heck try to get most people to actually listen to a whole ALBUM these days instead of their 3 minute bites.... )

Stop describing me damnit.

Although to be fair... most albums have 2 or 3 good songs and the rest are just filler.

#13 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

View PostNarcissistic Martyr, on 23 April 2016 - 08:42 AM, said:

Stop describing me damnit.

Although to be fair... most albums have 2 or 3 good songs and the rest are just filler.

listen to better bands Posted Image

Vast majority of albums I own have 1-2 mediocre songs, tops, and the rest are great.

I wonder how most listeners today would react to stuff like:

-Operation Mindcrime (queensryche)
-The Wall (Pink Floyd)
-Thick as a Brick (Jethro Tull)
-Dark Side of the Moon (Pink Floyd)

let alone stuff like, Kill Em All, Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets, And Justice For All, Black Album (Metallica), South of Heaven, Seasons in the Abyss (Slayer) Peace Sells But Who's Buying, Rust in Peace (Megadeth) Powerslave, Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, Dance of Death, Brave New World, Final Frontier, A Matter of Life and Death (Iron Maiden), Act III, Relentless Retribution (Death Angel), Diary of a Madman, Blizzard of Oz, No More Tears (Ozzy) Paranoid, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath (Black Sabbath) Lightning to the Nations (Diamond HEad) Sin After Sin, Sad Wings of Destiny, Painkiller, Jugulator (Judas Priest) Roping the Wind, No Fences, In Pieces (Garth Brooks) Fleetwood Mac (1975), Rumours (Fleetwood Mac) Momentary Lapse of Reason (Pink Floyd) Kind of Blue (Miles Davis) Cosmic Messenger (Jean Luc Ponty) Romantic Warrior (Return to Forever) Those Once Loyal, Warmaster, Realms of Chaos (Bolt Thrower) The Mantle, Ashes Against the Grain (Agalloch) Kivenkantaja,, Veerisakeet (Moonsorrow) OM (Negura Bunget) MilOrg (Vreid) Design your Universe (Epica) Century Child, Once (Nightwish)

and that's just like the first shelf of my vinyl rack.... (the other shelves are alphabetical, that's my "on deck" shelf)

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 23 April 2016 - 08:59 AM.

#14 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts

View PostAresye, on 23 April 2016 - 08:41 AM, said:

I mean, he might be on to something. After all, after the IS got super buffed in the Dec. 4th path, Steam players went up 100% in MWO!

Something something steam launch....something...

#15 2fast2stompy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 158 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 08:50 AM

View PostGyrok, on 23 April 2016 - 08:42 AM, said:

Something something steam launch....something...

That's the joke

#16 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 23 April 2016 - 09:16 AM

Posted Image

Why you do this?

#17 Spheroid

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,062 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 23 April 2016 - 09:25 AM

I don't know why you can't see Clans on balance are weaker. Your insistence on low dps sniping is failing in CW.

A vast, vast majority of combat occurs within 400 meters, almost as much within 300 meters where high durability and better heat capacity should give you the edge.

There are no sniping maps, not even boreal. Your fixation on range blinds you why the previous snipers were even competitive. Heat gen > All. That is the true meta. If you are not aggressively pushing then you are failing to play to your advantage.

That and long range mechs are slow and ponderous on a gamemode that demands rapid fast attrition.

Why did you even post this. Richmond is the last remaining SJ planet meaning you have plenty of time to snipe FRR on attack. I mean it should be fair right? IS vs. IS. Lets see those unit tags.

Edited by Spheroid, 23 April 2016 - 09:29 AM.

#18 Kamiko Kross

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 09:45 AM

Anti clan rhetoric once again, utterly ignoring reality.

#19 Ghogiel

• CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 09:56 AM

It almost wouldn't have mattered what PGI did, the steam player increase was always going to be temporary.

The only thing you could notice because of that was CW queue was populated pretty well for a few months. And then it died off again, it's deffo been more populated since phase 3, but even that will probably drop in some weeks time. And it won't be because of steam or gauss nerfs.

#20 Chuck Jager

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 10:21 AM

Does the OP work for the Trump Research/ Fact Tracking and Statistical Analysis team?

Actually there may be hope for MM now that we maybe got rid of the back row hiders that multiplied after Steam hit.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users