#1 Zplayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 225 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 25 April 2016 - 02:06 PM

Just upgraded my rig with a 980 Ti - always been AMD gfx but hey ho

Cannot get shadowplay to record a damn thing, works on other games I've tried like Fallout 4 but cant get MWO to work, I am new to Nvidia and shadowplay to be fair but any adviec would be appreciated.

#2 DjKonline

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 89 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 02:58 PM

check to see if there is a desktop folder in your shadowplay save directory, sometimes they save to that. I don't know if it because i alt tab out or why i just know mine is in either the mechwarrior or the desktop

Edited by djkonline, 25 April 2016 - 02:58 PM.

#3 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 25 April 2016 - 03:19 PM

An easy workaround is to set Shadowplay to Desktop Capture Mode. Some games just don't play nice with ShadowPlay, such as Frostbite based games. MWO worked for me, but at this point I do Desktop Mode for reliability purposes.

#4 5hredder

• Pip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 05:40 PM

try recording your desktop. its the only way to get it to work i believe. since mwo has weird files. its how i got mine to work. the only down side to this is that if you are recording while you exit out of the game, or while you are logging in/out then it shows your email(obviously.) so you may want to be careful if you are going to share the replays with the community and you would rather not have spam/account compromisers trying to screw with you.

View PostMarack Drock the Unicorn Wizard, on 26 April 2016 - 05:02 PM, said:

Why is this in Fan Creations?

because he is a fan that is trying to create stuff...

#5 XamNiner

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 11:56 PM

First check that you are running MWO in fullscreen mode. If it's set to windowed or full window then Shadowplay can't record.

#6 Zplayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 225 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 27 April 2016 - 02:01 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 25 April 2016 - 03:19 PM, said:

An easy workaround is to set Shadowplay to Desktop Capture Mode. Some games just don't play nice with ShadowPlay, such as Frostbite based games. MWO worked for me, but at this point I do Desktop Mode for reliability purposes.

This worked so thanks for that!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users