• 894 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 26 April 2016 - 04:20 AM

The problems with FW are:

- long wait time
- poorly designed maps and game play in invasion
- imbalance against organised 12 man.
- low population

To address the population issue I would propose moving conquest, domination and assault to FW. These would work well with a drop deck as it would discourage death balling and focus more on the objectives.

Solo would be skirmish only, designed to be quick matches. As it appears to be what a good portion of people want in the quick match queue.

You should be able to register for an FW match and continue to do things like mechlab (not allowed to amend drop deck) or play a quick match (not with drop deck). You then get a notification that the FW match is ready and you can leave for FW.

Further if a 12 v 12 game is not found within say 5 mins the game will look to do a 8v8 or after 10 mins a 4v4. Given that you are using a drop deck there will be no imbalance in team tonnage or weight class.

So if you want to play 12 man team you form a 12 man team and set yourself to waiting in the queue and play some quick matches. you'll likely have to wait a long time until either 12 enemies appear within a 5 min window or another 12 man turns up. Of course you could also do 3 teams of 4 and then there would more flexibility and less wait time.

As for invasion. well that's map redesign, I kind of hope that the new assault mode will be what invasion should have been.

Sorry a pre-made 12 man is likely to be better than an ad-hoc group. I suppose invasion could be left to the 12 man but I guess that would just mean no one would play invasion.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users