No replies to this topic

#1 Podex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 657 posts
  • LocationThe soup kitchen in your Prius

Posted 26 April 2016 - 05:44 AM

I touched on this in a separate topic, but 3/4 of the games seem to be the same thing over and over again. Same mechs, same loadouts, same tactics, same maps.

Random maps and random drop points could fix that. TT is based on terrain hexes. IF PGI could break new ground and build client side maps as interchangeable hexes, random maps could potentially be generated.
Hexes could be relatively large to accommodate larger features, and could be grouped by type -- urban, cold, hot, flat, etc...

This would cause more diverse loudouts since nobody could ever anticipate what would come next. It would also create a legitimate scouting role and make the game way less poke and hide. As far as I know, nobody has done this with multiplayer first person shooters before, so this would undoubtedly cause a stir if PGI could pull it off, bringing in new players and more revenue.

Granted, I have no idea how all this map stuff works, but I figure leprechauns and unicorns play a significant role. Being based in Canada, I'm sure PGI could easily find a few of these critters in some remote woods or hiding in an igloo.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users