52 replies to this topic

#1 Monodominant

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 113 posts
  • LocationWarsaw, Poland

Posted 27 April 2016 - 02:40 PM

Its been some time since the changes on the LBX and was wondering how its doing now.

I am generally an IS pilot but I have been trying out some clan mechs and found I really dislike the UACs of clans and I know the normal Clan ACs are suboptimal... so wondering if the change in LBX spread made it any better.

Similarly for IS... I wanted to run my MAD-3R with double LBX10s but the weapon was just... lacking... now with the change has anyone thoroughly tested it?

#2 Team Chevy86

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationDue North

Posted 27 April 2016 - 02:46 PM

I'd imagine it's slightly less ****** than before.
Haha sorry... I still wouldn't bring it unless it's quirked to hell and back. Legend Killer may be the only mech it's appropriate for. I still prefer the AC10

#3 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 27 April 2016 - 02:53 PM

Still not worth using. They should have increased the dmg per shell.

#4 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 02:58 PM

the more they tighten the spread the more they make it exactly like standard autocannons

LBX is supposed to be a crit weapon. they need to fix the crit system to fix LBX not make it more like a std AC.

#5 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 27 April 2016 - 03:43 PM

PGI could start by increasing the critical chance and damage by a factor of 10 and go up from there.

Edited by Mystere, 28 April 2016 - 11:35 AM.

#6 Felbombling

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 27 April 2016 - 04:09 PM

I kind of like the slug + cluster solution... say an LB 10-X AC does five damage as a single slug and five one-point clusters for a total of ten damage. Same mechanic as the Clan ER PPC ten damage plus two 2.5 splash damage.

#7 Moldur

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 04:13 PM

Just popped in to remind everyone, don't forget that the LB-2X is the only 2 series autocannon with rate of fire module if you are ever pondering what crazy builds would be fun to do...

Edited by Moldur, 27 April 2016 - 04:13 PM.

#8 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 04:24 PM

If you can get quite close it is ok but at range the spread is still to big - i use the LBX10 though as i need its Tonnage/Slot Advantage over the AC10 and i have no luck with the ever jamming UAC5.

The LBX10 should have a fixed non increasing spread and pattern that makes it better at short range and worse at long range than the AC10.

Can not speak for Clantech as i dont use Clan Mechs.

#9 AztecD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 656 posts
  • LocationTijuana. MX

Posted 27 April 2016 - 04:47 PM

I only use my IS LBX as a secondary " Coll off" weapon, just something to keep spitting out until heat comes down

#10 Amsro

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,391 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 27 April 2016 - 04:57 PM

3 of them are very fun. Posted Image

#11 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 27 April 2016 - 04:57 PM

View PostMystere, on 27 April 2016 - 03:43 PM, said:

PGI could start by increasing the critical chance by a factor of 10 and go up from there.

Crit Chance isn't the issue, Crit Damage is.

The AC10 needs a single crit to destroy any item in the game, while the LBx needs 5 individual Crits to ALL HIT the same item.

Change the CritDamMult from 2x to 5x, suddenly you only need 2 Crits to roll the same location (with 2-20 rolls of 0-60 Crits, and a 67% chance to roll at least one)
Suddenly, LBx weapons are not absolute shite at Critting, and even the lowly LB2x has a small chance to Crit an item out in a single (Structure exposed) shot.

#12 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 27 April 2016 - 05:11 PM

View PostTeam Chevy86, on 27 April 2016 - 02:46 PM, said:

I'd imagine it's slightly less ****** than before.
Haha sorry... I still wouldn't bring it unless it's quirked to hell and back. Legend Killer may be the only mech it's appropriate for. I still prefer the AC10

Tightening the spread doesn't fix what's wrong with the LBX. It fixes one aspect of the problems, but that's just one aspect. Even if it didn't significantly spread at all, it'd STILL be inferior to an AC10 (quirks excluded) because 10 damage slugs are massively better at critting than LBX pellets are.

If anything, they should leave the spread large and up the per-pellet damage; then it'd function as per a FPS shotgun (devastating close, effectiveness decreasing with range) rather than an LBX in MWO (almost as good as a regular AC at point blank range, with effectiveness decreasing extremely rapidly with range)

#13 Helsbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,102 posts
  • LocationThe frozen hell that is Wisconsin.

Posted 27 April 2016 - 05:16 PM

LBX Module - "Full Choke" - tightens pellet spread by 5% per level when equipped.

Would be easy to implement...

Edited by Helsbane, 27 April 2016 - 05:16 PM.

#14 Coolant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 April 2016 - 05:59 PM

they've improved...they do o.k. now where before you didnt want to take them. But they are not great...

#15 wanderer

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 27 April 2016 - 06:19 PM

Honestly, the ideal solution would be to remove the current system entirely.

An LB-X cannot hit for full damage at range in MWO. It can in TT. What should happen is a shell that has a proximity-blast effect when it hits- and then proceeds to pelt the target with a damage pattern spread from the location "struck" by the shell's submunitions. Probably could use something akin to the bone-seeking system for Streaks.

#16 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 27 April 2016 - 06:26 PM

View Postwanderer, on 27 April 2016 - 06:19 PM, said:

Honestly, the ideal solution would be to remove the current system entirely.

An LB-X cannot hit for full damage at range in MWO. It can in TT. What should happen is a shell that has a proximity-blast effect when it hits- and then proceeds to pelt the target with a damage pattern spread from the location "struck" by the shell's submunitions. Probably could use something akin to the bone-seeking system for Streaks.

The easier solution that achieved your goal here is Pariah Devalis' idea of simply using the cERPPC splash code here as well. No additional coding, crits are fixed so the LBX isn't worse at crittibg than a regular AC10 (which it always will be with pellets), and there's no additional dev time - already existing systems.

#17 Mekanïk Destruktïw Kommandöh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 350 posts
  • Location花果山: Water Curtain Cave on the Moutain of Flowers and Fruit

Posted 27 April 2016 - 06:31 PM

View PostMonodominant, on 27 April 2016 - 02:40 PM, said:

So How's The Lbx Doing?

Better than ever.
Still, have to be improved.

Posted Image
Posted Image

...and so on...
Ah yes, 6 CLBX5 + lazors.

#18 wanderer

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 27 April 2016 - 06:40 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 27 April 2016 - 06:26 PM, said:

The easier solution that achieved your goal here is Pariah Devalis' idea of simply using the cERPPC splash code here as well. No additional coding, crits are fixed so the LBX isn't worse at crittibg than a regular AC10 (which it always will be with pellets), and there's no additional dev time - already existing systems.

The difference here is that an LB-X should end up peppering the entire 'Mech, while the CERPPC splash just ends up hitting the general area around impact.

#19 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 27 April 2016 - 08:49 PM

View Postwanderer, on 27 April 2016 - 06:40 PM, said:

The difference here is that an LB-X should end up peppering the entire 'Mech, while the CERPPC splash just ends up hitting the general area around impact.
but peppering the entire mech is useless, it just makes the weapon bad. Even if zero pellets miss, spreading 10 damage over a whole mech is still unacceptably garbage.

The cERPPC code would ensure the bulk of a hit hit the target component, and the rest spread to neighbouring components. Logical, and actually useful.

#20 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 27 April 2016 - 08:52 PM

You have to keep in mind, 10x1 damage is substantially worse than 1x10 damage, for a number of reasons, even in a best case scenario where they all hit the same component.

You're looking at hitting probably 7-8 components with 1 damage pellets. That's barely more than 1 damage per component. That's TERRIBLE.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users