What Do You Think Of Voting For And Dropping For An Allied Faction?

3 replies to this topic

#1 Eidolon 29

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 10:48 AM

As it is now each faction can fight the opposing faction voted for, or fight on the clan front.

I believe this is part of the cause for the southern houses smaller populations, and fewer PUGs dropping for their factions chosen front. It seems, to me, that a significant number of PUGs drop on the clan front for the live drops, which I can understand.

I was just wondering how if might affect Faction play if, when you voted for a faction to attack you also voted for a faction to ally with.

This ally faction would then be the only other faction you could drop for defense and possibly attack matches, (attack only if there are their own faction members in the drop que). Dropping for an allied faction might give you some loyalty points for the faction or mercenary points.

I was thinking this would enhance the RPG elements of the game while also enlarging the group of players to play with, but still concentrate the players for faster group creation.

IS would only be able to ally with IS and clan with clan.

So what do you all think? Workable or really stupid?

#2 Murphy7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,553 posts
  • LocationAttleboro, MA

Posted 28 April 2016 - 11:01 AM

I like it. It gets the southern houses another angle to the clan border.

The problem I foresee is the planet ownership mechanic and what that does to attack lanes and such.

#3 EvilCatEars

• PipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • 55 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 11:14 AM

It should simply work like this:
1. You can drop vs anyone your faction is at war (just like it is now)
2. You can drop on defense vs Clans as an IS pilot or vs IS as Clan pilot (just like now)
3. You can drop on >attack< vs Clans as an IS pilot, or vs IS as Clan pilot.

The main problem in FW is not lack of players but poor player mobility and choices on the map. FW needs to pit players versus each other as efficiently as possible.

#4 JaxRiot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 666 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 11:33 AM

I think consolidating Factions into alliances is a great idea. Let them vote together as well.

One of the things I didnt think about until the launch of Phase 3 was the addition of so many new ques.

Each faction (10) had both a Solo and a Unit que, plus each Faction also had the new 4v4 that also had a Solo and a Unit que. Thats 40 ques!

Even with the Solo and Unit merge there will still be 20 ques. Thats still double the ques that we had originally.

I dont think the population has improved enough to have double the ques even with the narrower attack lanes.

I havnt done the math (mostly because I dont know much about the lore and dont really know who has an alliance with who) but consolidating the Factions into Alliances should reduce the ques and focus the population of those factions.

Combined with the new narrow attack lanes it sounds like it would work like a charm.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users