#1 MaD hAtTeR nInJa

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 24 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 29 April 2016 - 11:54 AM

Light mechs are inheritly intended to be scouts and quick strike attacks. However only one of these two characteristics is being met; damage dealers. People who want to play tactically are rewarded as long as they engaged in combat.

Scouting missions, perfect example.

As a light with ECM who is extracting the intel, avoidance and stealth are great assets. But they are not rewarded. I managed to capture 7 pts for my team and extracted successfully, while the enemy engaged my teammates. I did not engage in combat once, it was unnecessary to complete the mission. However at the end of the match, my match score was way below where it should be, especially considering it is a "scouting" mission. I scouted successfully, my teammates provided ample diversion. I am not saying they should not be more rewarded, but increase rewards across the board. Make it so playing a "scout" light with is actually rewarding and can be a feasible way to assist your team and earn a decent match score. Because this game is about killing enemies, but knowledge is power too. I think the new scouting missions have proved how helpful "intel" can be.

I know this is not some thing that will change overnight. This would take time, you have to find the right balance. Don't make it so the queue is always lights because lights earn way more XP. But for an objective based game, and the way it prioritizes points is a little askew.

It should be more rewarding to assault an enemy base, because they left it undefended. It should be more rewarding to successfully fend off an assault. But that might have to come with an overhaul of the assault game mode in general. Instead of two bases in a box canyon, why not make it one team assaulting a base vs a defending team. Alpine is good, but smaller maps, need to be converted to these assault and defend style. Anyway back to match score.

For instance why isn't there a larger bonus for providing intel to your teammates, you say this game is about communication and teamwork, what is more important then relaying that info to your teammates. If you get out maneuvered because you don't have info who gets blamed, the lights, nice leaving us assaults behind. We don't get any real bonus for guarding you unless we do damage, which can be difficult if you are using your light ECM mech to provide a nice little bubble for your assaults.

We have a counter ECM bonus. Why can't we get one for providing it to say 3 or more mechs for 10 secs who are not receiving incoming missile. I know that is a lot of conditions to met but that would incentive ECM providing bonus to teammates instead of running off. Not that they should be, but lets be honest, talking PUG matches, but even in group queue not always reliable teammates.

I would love to see a match score bonus added after being killed in a light mid-game rewarding staying alive longer. Because again we aren't talking about damage. Damage is easy to get, if you play the right mechs. But why do I have to play what everyone else is playing to be rewarded. Narc lights are very rewarded if they have good lrms. Taggers also justly rewarded. But some additionally bonuses to playing lights in a way that is not entirely damage based, or even weapon heavy.

Lets be honest, if Locusts were given all heatsinks in the engine they would own. But that will never happen, *wishes*. And honestly the best way to handle that, since I just thought of this. Is to make the engine only available to Locusts, I would pay the C-Bills for replacing all 7 of mine with a new one.

Back to assault game mode, since I can't think of any new rants on match score currently. I would love to see the smaller maps turned into assault/defend style maps, like faction warfare, but far less involved. Canyon Network is a great example, who wants two bases in a box canyon in the middle of nowhere. Makes no sense, but if you are sending a team to assault their base or mining operation seems a little more plausible. Big maps however like Alpine, Forest, and even Grim are fine for the current setup FOR THE MOST PART. Bases seem a little close together and/or poorly placed but that is a distance/placement thing. Not a mode issue.

TL;DR Scout lights should be rewarded more, not entirely based off damage. Provide new bonuses for providing ECM/Intel. Assault needs to be changed on small maps to assault/defend style instead of two bases in a box canyon. Locust dreams and wishes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users