No replies to this topic

#1 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 30 April 2016 - 09:48 AM

I have mentioned this previously in posts in General Discussion.

Right now MWO is having to resort to extreme nerfs to balance some pretty standard weapons from Battle Tech. Gauss Rifles with a charge phase, PPCs/ERPPCs that move in slow motion, SSRMs that do not track like missiles, but just have a random hit chance.

These are all basic weapons in Battle Tech, yet MWO mechs can't handle them at full functionality. To be honest the Gauss Rifle should only need a longer recycle than an AC20 to be balanced, that everyone seems to think it also needs a charge-up to not be over-powering even in combination with PPCs points to many upcoming problems with the better weapons about to become available. These problems would all be alleviated by stronger armored and structured mechs. You would be able to restore the original weapons to normal Battle Tech lore functioning as well and lasers would not be so over-powering that they are all the player configured mechs carry in general. Mechs with mixed load-outs would offer greater potential damage.

These are some upcoming weapons MWO will not be able to support as depicted in Battle Tech I am thinking.

ATM's, Heavy Lasers, Light Gauss, Arrow IV (to be sure!), Heavy Gauss Rifles, RAC's, Clan RAC-10 and RAC-20. There are more, but you see what I mean. These weapons are quite a large advance over what mechs field now. How could they possibly absorb that much damage when they can't even stand up to a Gauss Rifle?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users