#1 vondano

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 136 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 06 May 2016 - 06:06 PM

where is the balance?

where is the infantry and tanks and jets?

where are the multi objective maps?

where is the mindblowing new CW beta3 that was suppose to be realllllly deep and new and stuff?

can we get to work on things that will make MWO a game and not only a "buy new mech and master it" simulator??

ffs... this game NEEDS to get MUCH bigger soon or it wil simply die.

good job to PGI for making a bunch of mechs, now make a game pls?

I feal like the game is the same it was in closed beta... just with more maps and mechs...it still feals beta to me...

sorry about the negative post, but this needed to come out. I spent a bunch of money on this game (MUCH more than on AAA games...) and yet it lacks a LOT of feature...

dont get me wrong, i want this game to do good, i want to play a good game... now i feal this is just " mech-death-match"

we need deeper gameplay,

come on PGI! YOU CAN DO IT! YESTERDAY YOU SAID TOMORROW! NOW DO IT!

#2 Armored Yokai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 1,950 posts
  • LocationHouston,TX

Posted 06 May 2016 - 06:39 PM

Ever since PGI dropkicked IGP they've really been stepping their game up.
Although I wish that they allow you to overwork the employees for more outcome...Posted Image

#3 Rocket2Uranus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 359 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 06:58 PM

View PostArmored Yokai, on 06 May 2016 - 06:39 PM, said:

Although I wish that they allow you to overwork the employees for more outcome...Posted Image

PGI > IGP
But lol.... IGP was extremely bad. Doesn't really speak much about PGI to be honest.
Though PGI shouldn't take all the blame. The game was in a really bad state. I feel like most of the stuff PGI is doing.. is just patch jobs/bandaids over what IGP messed up on.

#4 Airwind

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 158 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 07:16 PM

mech Ai. Where are you.. is there no longer code nerd to turn dream into codes?

faction war is player driven. that can only happen when there are truly dedicated players. casual players will opt out. it should have been story driven. make queue by the hour. put a countdown to drop. not make players queue and pray.

#5 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 06 May 2016 - 07:44 PM

Aggressive Weapon Balance plz

On the bright side, Flamers took less than 4 years to adjust a single attribute which made them useful (starting heat to target at 4.5 H/s up from...zero), the other changes were minimal.

#6 Shredhead

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,939 posts
  • LocationLeipzig, Germany

Posted 06 May 2016 - 08:52 PM

View Postvondano, on 06 May 2016 - 06:06 PM, said:

where is the balance?

where is the infantry and tanks and jets?

where are the multi objective maps?

where is the mindblowing new CW beta3 that was suppose to be realllllly deep and new and stuff?

can we get to work on things that will make MWO a game and not only a "buy new mech and master it" simulator??

ffs... this game NEEDS to get MUCH bigger soon or it wil simply die.

good job to PGI for making a bunch of mechs, now make a game pls?

I feal like the game is the same it was in closed beta... just with more maps and mechs...it still feals beta to me...

sorry about the negative post, but this needed to come out. I spent a bunch of money on this game (MUCH more than on AAA games...) and yet it lacks a LOT of feature...

dont get me wrong, i want this game to do good, i want to play a good game... now i feal this is just " mech-death-match"

we need deeper gameplay,

come on PGI! YOU CAN DO IT! YESTERDAY YOU SAID TOMORROW! NOW DO IT!

For 1: The game is 3 years old, Closed Beta opened up 4 years ago.
2: The balance is pretty good.
3: They never promised infantry, tanks and jets. Stop pulling **** out of your behind.
4: All the maps are multi objectives, as we have Conquest, Invasion and Scout.
5: I'd rather they concentrate on switching to UE and putting the rest on hold, it leads to nothing.
6: I don't know what you're talking about, I'm playing this GAME for 4 years now. Are Team Fortress, Counter Strike, all those MOBAs out there not GAMES just because you say so? Don't be ridiculous.
7: What the hell are you even talking about?
8: blablabla
9: If you think this game is like in Beta, you might want to look at some old footage.

Before this game can get more "deep", whatever that is in your mind, we need to sort out the major issues. And the biggest one atm is still optimization! They should stop working on that train wreck Ghost Energy Drain" or whatever, put all work on CW on hold and pull us into an engine that's at least suited and tailor made for freaking multiplayer beyond 16 people on tiny maps! Cry Engine sucks, majorly, and I'm sick and tired of this unoptimized mess!

#7 Random Carnage

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 946 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 06 May 2016 - 09:01 PM

We're past the point of holding out for this game to meet expectation. What you see is what you get, and other than some fringe tweaks here and there, I don't see any dramatic changes happening. This is what we have now, until the next generation of MW franchise give the genre a go.

MWO will never reach the game status we would all love to see. After nearly 4 years (whatever), if it hasn't happened yet, it's not going to.

Edited by Random Carnage, 06 May 2016 - 09:05 PM.

#8 GRiPSViGiL

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,904 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationHillsboro, OR

Posted 06 May 2016 - 09:02 PM

PGI hasn't done much better than when IGP was involved. Anyone can see that. Not sure why people still think PGI made all kinds of strides since the relationship was cut with IGP but that is pretty much BS. Considering it was over a year and half ago at this point and as the OP stated the game isn't much different than closed beta. I wouldn't go that far but if that is his I can't argue against it since I wasn't around then. I will say the game isn't much different than open beta when I got involved, just a fact.

Edited by GRiPSViGiL, 06 May 2016 - 09:04 PM.

#9 Narcissistic Martyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 06 May 2016 - 09:51 PM

Hello fellow founder. This is not the game we were told it would be nor will it ever become that game. That is why there are so few of us left.

#10 Mechwarrior1441491

• 1,157 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 10:03 PM

They waste a lot of energy balancing things, when the game is fine and needs FORWARD progression after some re-scale passes. Put more INTO the game instead of treading water.

#11 EvilCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 10:05 PM

I took an 8 months pause starting from July 2015, when I tried the game again it was like MWO 2.0. Do not deny the progress done during the last two years.

Clearly they changed strategy from that "minimally viable product".

Could it be better? of course yes, I wish they would open to community maps, that would help with lack on variety.

BTW, all the usual arguments regarding this, quality issue... maps are hard to do... legal issues.... it is all BS. Bad quality maps can be discarded before acceptance and a legal framework can be established if required with IP copyright assignment like others do. Imagine what the game could be with hundreds different maps and missions.

#12 TheCharlatan

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 10:33 PM

Game development isn't easy.
PGi chose for MWO a "hybrid" path: half FPS, half simulation. (there are many other choices PGI made gameplay wise. Stuff like the pace of the game (i.e.: how the weapons and heat system works), the maps (bigger more complex maps equals more "walking" and less shooting and heavier loads for older PCs, etc. )
Catering to two audiences, they managed to get a community big enough to sustain the game.
Catering to only one might have worked better, or not. Hard to tell, but more probably not (look at what happened to Hawken, which is basically dead, and catered much more to the FPS genere).
The problem with catering to two completely different audiences is that every step you take in a direction will get half your player base up in arms. PGI has to walk a very thin line, all the while with both camps complaining all the friggin time.

For example, let's take FW: they really couldn't make the maps big and open, with many objectives, because half the player base just wants a game where the two forces clash ASAP. Look at the complaints about Reactor Rushes (imagine if the objectives were all over the map!) and about Polar. Instead, they chose a "cinematographic" way to go: FW is a staged siege, with mechs tearing down the doors and coming in waves to conquer a central objective, so the fighting is stream-lined and constant.
PGI made some choices: they could go for a ARMA-like approach, with big maps and lots of objectives, but half the player base would be complaining with stuff like "I stood for 3 minutes protecting an objective the enemy ignored!" or like "i walked for 5 minutes in my slow assault just to get to the battle!" or even "these maps are too big and my computer can't handle them!".

I believe PGI has done quite a good job at making a decent game with the resources they have and keeping the MW francise alive and kicking. The game is far from perfect, but if they tried to make a "perfect" sim or FPS game, probably they would have been crushed by the market in this day and age. Does this suck? Yes, it does. But it's how reality works, sorry.

Edited by TheCharlatan, 06 May 2016 - 10:35 PM.

#13 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 06 May 2016 - 10:33 PM

View PostEvilCow, on 06 May 2016 - 10:05 PM, said:

Imagine what the game could be with hundreds different maps and missions.

A good game with waiting time of 4-5 hours, due to low population.

(unless you was saying 100+ maps and missions, but we can choose only between 4 maps and 2 mode like now)

Edited by Stefka Kerensky, 06 May 2016 - 10:34 PM.

#14 Death Proof

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 546 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 10:42 PM

View Postvondano, on 06 May 2016 - 06:06 PM, said:

where is the balance?

Right here...

*makes a downward-pointing gesture with hand*

(what?)

#15 Vickinator

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 195 posts
  • LocationInside You

Posted 06 May 2016 - 10:53 PM

View PostStefka Kerensky, on 06 May 2016 - 10:33 PM, said:

A good game with waiting time of 4-5 hours, due to low population.

(unless you was saying 100+ maps and missions, but we can choose only between 4 maps and 2 mode like now)

game has a low population because PGI is so intent on turning this into a esport and milking more money out, instead of actually balancing the game at a pace faster then 2 balance patches per year.

#16 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 06 May 2016 - 11:04 PM

View PostArmored Yokai, on 06 May 2016 - 06:39 PM, said:

I don't think it has anything to do with kicking out IGP.

PGI have been learning game design for 5 years now... what you see as stepping up their game is simply them starting to know more about basics of game design.

Basically we the players have been paying PGI to build up their experience and resume.

#17 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 06 May 2016 - 11:29 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 06 May 2016 - 11:04 PM, said:

PGI have been learning game design for 5 years now... what you see as stepping up their game is simply them starting to know more about basics of game design.

Basically we the players have been paying PGI to build up their experience and resume.

And now that they have it, after years and years of ppl around here suggesting how to do it..... we know nothing and pgi doesn't need playerbase to contribute (Russ cit.)

#18 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 11:31 PM

It absolutely did.

IGP was a very controlling publisher from what I gather. They basically dictated design goals and deadlines to PGI. PGI didnt have anywhere near the creative freedom or flexibility in deadlines that they do now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users