Long Tom Targeting Improvement

1 reply to this topic

#1 Captain Mittens

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 127 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 06:06 AM

Have the Long Tom target the Single Largest enemy mech, or at least assign give heavier mechs more weight (lol) in the math to select a target. Shooting at 4 locust is silly compared to shooting at 2 Atlas next to each other. Additionally, ignore all enemies that are 'danger close' (within the area of effect of atillery) when calculating the target. If all enemies are too close to allied units, the Long Tom should simply not fire, maybe have a voice over saying "Enemies Danger Close, long Tom aborting fire mission."

This will prevent the light mech ball from completely mitigating long tom advantage, prevent them from kiting the shot into allied formation, and will incentivize closing with the enemy to mitigate the artilery shots. In exchange for this somewhat drastic improvement in effectiveness, have the Long tom only fire every other sattelite sweep.

If you agree, reply with an "I agree" it will increase visibility for this idea.

Edited by Captain Mittens, 02 May 2016 - 03:49 PM.

#2 AriCri

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 104 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationItaly

Posted 12 May 2016 - 11:09 PM

Disagreed!!

The LTA should be an excellent advantage into the FP invasion mode in order to encourage the scouting mode. Because of this I do not support the reduction of damage that's recently been done, neither other way in order to reduce the powerful operative tool in terms of damages. It is and it should remain a devastating artillery!!!
My personal concerns are regarding the cooldown: It strikes so many times! There is not consistency between the power of the weapon and the times it strikes!!
I would prefer 700 of dmg, but with a cooldown every 10 mins!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users