Clan And House Colour Packs

6 replies to this topic

#1 Laconicus

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 37 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 15 March 2014 - 04:56 AM

Its easy and simple and can be done as a ongoing sale offer. Work out the various colours for the houses and clans bundle them up and put them on sale...... People will buy as many are aligned to various houses and you can make some easy and ongoing sales.
Thank you........that's all I got, but start with House Liao please.

#2 9erRed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 March 2014 - 10:36 AM

Greetings all,

I would think that if you have selected to be a member of a specific Faction, that Faction will provide your colours. You are already bringing your own Mech's, so it should only be right for the House to give your Tech's and pit boss the proper house colours.

- You will be receiving a bonus for being in that House Faction and fighting for them.
- If you additionally show the cockpit emblem for that House, more bonus's.
- Why would I pay for this preferred Factions special colours? I'm already fighting for them and not spending my $ to do that.
- Loyalty is one thing, but I don't do battle for free.

Just saying. If the Faction Houses will have there special ( 2 or 3 ) colours, possibly even selected Camo pattern, it will need to be just theirs and not something that any player can buy and build. Unit colour Id on the Battlefield may be the difference between a really close quarters fight when everything is under 200 - 300 mtrs.

- Possibly even make it an Achievement to fight in House colours for a certain time period.

[This will mean PGI will need to check the historical/Lore records for what the Houses used as default colours and patterns.]

9erRed

#3 LauLiao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 March 2014 - 11:08 AM

View PostLaconicus, on 15 March 2014 - 04:56 AM, said:

Its easy and simple and can be done as a ongoing sale offer. Work out the various colours for the houses and clans bundle them up and put them on sale...... People will buy as many are aligned to various houses and you can make some easy and ongoing sales.
Thank you........that's all I got, but start with House Liao please.

This isn't too bad an idea. They can do bundles now, so why not do a "house" bundle? You could put 2-3 colors together for each house, maybe a the house Banner or Holo standing cockpit items, and if you want to be really aggressive they could include a "house mech" in each bundle (e.g. Raven or 'Phract for Liao). I'd be willing to bet a bundle like these would really get some action.

#4 Laconicus

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 37 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 15 March 2014 - 05:35 PM

View Post9erRed, on 15 March 2014 - 10:36 AM, said:

Greetings all,

I would think that if you have selected to be a member of a specific Faction, that Faction will provide your colours. You are already bringing your own Mech's, so it should only be right for the House to give your Tech's and pit boss the proper house colours.

- You will be receiving a bonus for being in that House Faction and fighting for them.
- If you additionally show the cockpit emblem for that House, more bonus's.
- Why would I pay for this preferred Factions special colours? I'm already fighting for them and not spending my $ to do that.
- Loyalty is one thing, but I don't do battle for free.

Just saying. If the Faction Houses will have there special ( 2 or 3 ) colours, possibly even selected Camo pattern, it will need to be just theirs and not something that any player can buy and build. Unit colour Id on the Battlefield may be the difference between a really close quarters fight when everything is under 200 - 300 mtrs.

- Possibly even make it an Achievement to fight in House colours for a certain time period.

[This will mean PGI will need to check the historical/Lore records for what the Houses used as default colours and patterns.]

9erRed

I like your ideas but I will not hold my breath on it as businesses very seldom give things away especially when they can make a prolonged income stream from it, perhaps as achievement unlocks as the other poster suggested for prolonged service for one House?clan.

#5 Sidewinders

Rookie

• Warrior - Point 3
  • Warrior - Point 3
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 08:23 PM

I think this is a great idea actually. It's pretty easy to use some of the existing pattens to mimic the color schemes of some units, i.e. Mountain Line Camo with tan and grey sort of looks like Clan Wolf Beta Galaxy; the default patten with all black and you've got Zeta Battalion of Wolf's Dragoons.

Some more iconic patterns for the Clans and IS would be great though.

Off the top of my head:

Davion Brigade of Guards - House Davion
Death Commandos - House Liao
2nd Sword of Light or Ryuken - House Kurita
Skye Jaegers or Royal Guards - House Steiner

Alpha Galaxy - Smoke Jaguars
Beta Galaxy - Wolf
Delta Galaxy - Jade Falcons

Ghost Bears and House Marik I'm not as sure about. I think that's a great idea though.

#6 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 16 March 2014 - 12:13 AM

This will likely be some of the things you get for free for reaching certain Loyalty Point thresholds. I believe it was in the video from the Launch event.

#7 NoIrVI

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 20 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Locationriding the sky of the inner sphere

Posted 02 May 2016 - 05:34 AM

why is it that house patter not available to all is or clan mech I have 3 urban mech that CAN use the house patterns but the other is mech's I have can't use them

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users