• 41 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:23 AM

Been running it like this

Endo and 12 dhs
Xl 255
2 ac2s 3t ammo
2 uac5s 5t ammo
2 med lasers
Max armor all around except on legs 32 pn each leg i think it comes out to 384 mot sure im not at home cant check

Heat efficiency is a measly 1.15 but its ok if u watch ur heat and dont use the lasera too often

The xl is a liability but not a prob if u play smart

The 4x is not a well liked variamt bit iv been having alot of fun with this build

#2 Arete

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 390 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:34 AM

Have tried it, but didn't like it. Not enough punch if you get jumped in close range, and end up losing a side torso way too often.

I've built mine around a standard engine, with one AC10 in each arm. Two medlas in the torso as usual, and the standard LRM5 in the head for some long range support. Packs quite a good punch at medium to close range, and can soften up targets at long range. Plus, with no XL it lasts quite a bit longer, can even zombie at all ranges.

Just what I found works best for me after messing around with it for a long time. Not saying it works best for everyone :-)

#3 khorazy

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:55 AM

Thats true if every build preferences and customization are one of my fav parts of my game and iv got some ac10s laying around gonna try out ur build maybe tinker with it cus iv yet to try this thing with a.std engine and it is pretty fragile with the xl

#4 KatanaNL

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 16 posts
  • LocationHoevelaken,Netherlands

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:58 AM

i have tried several builds for my CTF-4X,

The 2x AC2/AC5 2x ML
The 2x AC2/UAC5 2x ML
And the Dual AC10's

the only build that seems to work somewhat for me is the sniperbuild, running with Dual gauss, and an ERLL slap on an lowgrade XL engine to accomadate for the lack of tonnage for ammo.. and have some fun while hiding behind bigger friendlies and other cover..

The 3D seems an better AC CTF overall imo also due to its larger engine size it can accomodate :P

#5 The Captain

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:12 AM

View Postkhorazy, on 22 February 2013 - 06:23 AM, said:

Been running it like this

Endo and 12 dhs
Xl 255
2 ac2s 3t ammo
2 uac5s 5t ammo
2 med lasers
Max armor all around except on legs 32 pn each leg i think it comes out to 384 mot sure im not at home cant check

Heat efficiency is a measly 1.15 but its ok if u watch ur heat and dont use the lasera too often

The xl is a liability but not a prob if u play smart

The 4x is not a well liked variamt bit iv been having alot of fun with this build

This is almost identical to my 4X "dakkamech" build (same engines, weapons, HS). I believe I have more UAC/5 ammo (8) and skip the lasers, so that I have around 100 shots per gun. It's a heck of a lot of fun, and the DPS when the UAC/5's don't jam is ridiculous (26.2). Sometimes I swap the UAC/5's for two LBX 10's and have an equally (stupid) amount of fun. As long as I don't brawl one on one with someone heavier, I can keep those side torsos intact long enough to do a heck of a lot of damage. My other 'Phracts are set up more sensibly... I bring this one out when I want to have fun.

#6 Hedonism Robot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • LocationSpace Pirate

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:11 AM

View PostKatanaha, on 22 February 2013 - 06:58 AM, said:

the only build that seems to work somewhat for me is the sniperbuild, running with Dual gauss, and an ERLL slap on an lowgrade XL engine to accomadate for the lack of tonnage for ammo.. and have some fun while hiding behind bigger friendlies and other cover..

The 3D seems an better AC CTF overall imo also due to its larger engine size it can accomodate :D

I have come to the same conclusion with mine. The dual guass is not bad since the arms allow it to be really responsive to aiming, along with decent speed you can snipe while moving with this setup. I only wish it either had jump jets or the arms mounted higher so I could use cover. The other nice thing with dual guass in the arms is they almost never get targeted in a fire fight and hold up much better than in the side torso of a k-2.
Guass ammo is also not explosive so you can load it up in the side torso without having to worry about it exploding and taking your xl engine with it.

Edited by Hedonism Robot, 22 February 2013 - 10:13 AM.

#7 Kassatsu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,078 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:12 PM

I had one just to unlock the basic efficiencies for later on when I finally decide to buy a "better" variant (or the ilya). I usually ran it with 2 mlas, and either dual AC10s (one per arm) or an AC10 and an LBX. Something along the lines of this.

Biggest issue was how bloody slow it is. It was my first heavy mech (and I sold it once I finished my basic skills), so obviously I didn't have speed tweak, and 59 is just... Ugh.

Heat was only an issue with that build if you spammed the lasers, and it was a decent short-mid range build, the AC10s dealing pretty decent damage. I could never quite decide whether I wanted 2x AC10 or 1x AC10 and 1x LBX-10. First thing I did upon buying it was strip that LRM5 in the head.

Never bothered trying dual gauss or anything. Using the LBX10 you could actually get one more heat sink without losing anything from your total ammo count, 60 per AC. I also very briefly tried out dual UAC5, didn't really like it. The tendency to jam just as you bump into an atlas around a corner was pretty bad. Often I'd have them jam on me the instant I tried to double tap.

Edited by Kassatsu, 22 February 2013 - 07:14 PM.

#8 Loc Nar

• 1,132 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:17 PM

No stupider than everyone else's stupid 4Xs. It's not your fault, it's the 255...

#9 MegaBusta

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 152 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:43 PM

View PostArete, on 22 February 2013 - 06:34 AM, said:

Have tried it, but didn't like it. Not enough punch if you get jumped in close range, and end up losing a side torso way too often.

I've built mine around a standard engine, with one AC10 in each arm. Two medlas in the torso as usual, and the standard LRM5 in the head for some long range support. Packs quite a good punch at medium to close range, and can soften up targets at long range. Plus, with no XL it lasts quite a bit longer, can even zombie at all ranges.

Just what I found works best for me after messing around with it for a long time. Not saying it works best for everyone :-)

I run this, but switch the LRM5 for an SRM4. AMS kind of neuters the LRM5 unless you're firing at the same thing a boat is.

I miss the Quad AC/5 build's pinpoint, cool DPS frequently, but on the other hand I can run a standard engine now.

#10 Reported for Inappropriate Name

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,767 posts
  • LocationAmericlap

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:09 AM

i've been using the 4x for dual gauss. I'm enjoying it because people seem to overlook it far more than they do the catapult

#11 hordes1ayer2

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 88 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 10:53 AM

your problem is that you have ac 2s. its is a great mech though, ik cause im mastered in it

#12 ZeProme

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • 562 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 09:30 AM

At least, IMO, quad AC/5s would be mandatory. Having the same ammunitions will greatly help.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users