7 replies to this topic

#1 Puerto Rock Punisher

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 81 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAnywhere and everywhere....

Posted 04 May 2016 - 05:58 PM

Can someone clarify how this event works. Am I supposed to join a clan, is it mech restricted.

I currently use the timberwolf, is that usable to finish all the challenges... Very confused right now, just need someone to clear things up..

Thanks..

#2 John1352

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,025 posts
  • LocationConnecting....

Posted 04 May 2016 - 06:14 PM

This event is going to be tough for a newer player. As we're halfway through, I suggest deciding whether you will go for scouting or invasion, and just doing that one. Scouting could take less hours, but will depend on your skills in medium and light mechs.

Which mechs do you own, and how many? That will help us help you.

#3 Puerto Rock Punisher

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 81 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 06:32 PM

Oh damn, late to the game....Okay so i mostly use heavy's....I have a Timber wolf (main ride), thunderbolt, cicada, phoenix hawk, and two different centurions....But like I said heavy's are my forte....

#4 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 06:50 PM

Scouting is going to be difficult to get into as the weight limit is 55 tons.

#5 John1352

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,025 posts
  • LocationConnecting....

Posted 04 May 2016 - 07:04 PM

You seem to have more innersphere mechs, however you would end up with some trial mechs either way if you go for invasion. For clans, the trial Ebon Jaguar is solid, Arctic Cheetah, Shadowcat and Stormcrow are also pretty good. It looks like you have almost enough IS mechs, but you will probably need a trial assault or heavy to fill tonnage.

The best option is to create a one man unit and accept a 7 day contract with one of the factions. Just go for one of the mechs, unless you can play a lot over the next 5 days.

#6 Puerto Rock Punisher

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 81 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 07:05 PM

That's alright, I don't think i could have done scouting..maybe...Will hit up Invasion, the only question that hasn't been answered is...Do I have to join a faction, this I have not done yet...

If this event is tied to faction play, kind of messed. Many have not yet gotten to this point, I have played my 25 games already. I'm just not sure who I want to join...I do like the lore of the Clan Wolf..(wolf dragoons)

#7 Ibrandul Mike

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 1,913 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 07:46 PM

Go to the Faction Play tab ingame. Under Unit you create your 1 man Unit. If there is an error message, just choose another TAG and try again.
After that you accept a contract for any faction (IS if you want to use your cicada). If the trails of that side (IS or Clan) are nothing for you, or you don´t get enough games quickly, just go inside the Faction Play to Career and choose freelancer.
You have to accept the disband of your unit. After that recreat that unit and choose the other side (one IS Faction if you were Clan and vice versa).
You don´t have to be the full 7 days in one faction this way.

But be sure not to choose the loyalist career ... because then you are there for the rest of the event.

Edited by Ibrandul Mike, 04 May 2016 - 07:48 PM.

#8 John1352

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,025 posts
  • LocationConnecting....

Posted 04 May 2016 - 08:18 PM

Scouting matches are often over in 4 minutes. Invasion typically takes 25 min. Just something to consider.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users