Xl Engine Changes To Even The Odds

4 replies to this topic

#1 Airwind

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 158 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 09:44 PM

Since they still make it even count for IS v Clan. (12v12)

To give the slight advantage to IS is to remove the XL engine ST disadvantage. Instead of killing the Mech outright when either side of torso gets cored, they can make it so that CT and Arm get damaged based on the XL engine size. This will give the IS a fighting chance still with XL engine.

#2 Nik Reaper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 10:02 PM

At this point it isn't likely to happen, what they did so far is adding extra internal hp and/or extra armor to a number of IS mechs to make them more XL safe, PGI seems satisfied with that...

Untill we get IS light engine options I wouldn't expect any changes, also XL death is true to lore witch I kinda like and balance right now is kinda in a ok place for most "meta" IS mechs used right now of witch most use XL and still do well.

#3 Airwind

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 158 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 11:23 PM

yup. one of the other thing which troubles me is the pinpoint damage. clearly this cant be resolved anytime soon and may have been set in stone. just alpha pin strike to the ST of XL mech. its great that they are adding in internals to offset the disadvantage.

i too like the lore, but it somehow dont work well when it transfers to FPS.

#4 MechWarrior849305

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 12:02 AM

Avr dmg to kill clan mech is 340, Avr dmg to kill IS mech with XL - 395 (as per yesterday game with both decent teams, http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__5173878). Tell me how IS XL engi is an disadvantage.

#5 VinJade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 10:49 AM

I am getting really tired of people complaining about xl engines for the IS side.
Clans are more advanced thus their tech is (supposedly)better and the IS mechs as our friendly Clanner here pointed out, the IS side gets helped at every chance Russ can do so.

if anything IS mechs should lose their bonus that they got and be happy with the XL and just wait until the IS gets the Light Fusion Engine.

I pilot a Stalker by the way with a Std Engine(I never liked XLs) and no longer pilot any clan mechs, mainly because their missiles fire too slow compared to their IS counter parts.

Edited by VinJade, 05 May 2016 - 10:50 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users