Posted 06 May 2016 - 04:29 AM

man i wish i had a 3d printer and the know how to do this

#2 Tactically-Insane

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 04:31 AM

View PostThe Great Bear, on 06 May 2016 - 04:29 AM, said:

You and me both. I would really like one of these 3d printed mechs.

#3 Hit the Deck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 06 May 2016 - 04:36 AM

Someday, someone will be able to sell this freely. I want to believe.

Bless PGI and Alex for at least giving us the 3D models!

#4 thehiddenedge

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 326 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 05:28 AM

I'd buy so many of these things if they were for sale.

Damn you Topps!

#5 kapusta11

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 05:32 AM

Hm... I guess I know how to nerf Oxides now.

#6 LORD ORION

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 07:05 AM

That is what this game needs... a 100 ton Jenner. ;)

#7 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 06 May 2016 - 07:17 AM

That's awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll take 314 of them please!
Aw man, I so want Warhammer, Rifleman, and Hellbringer mechs... I'm crying right now.

#8 invernomuto

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,065 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 06 May 2016 - 07:21 AM

View Postkapusta11, on 06 May 2016 - 05:32 AM, said:

Hm... I guess I know how to nerf Oxides now.

LOL :)

#9 Hit the Deck

• 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 06 May 2016 - 07:25 AM

http://imgur.com/gallery/LycbI

Posted Image

#10 Cion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 750 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 07:35 AM

Needs to be rescaled :P

#11 Narcissistic Martyr

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 06 May 2016 - 07:36 AM

I've got the know how but no printer... otherwise I'd have replaced a lot of the old models I had to sell to pay for college.

#12 oldradagast

• Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 08:16 AM

There are models out there, actually, for a few of the mechs, like the Atlas, that are freely available... Not sure how LEGAL that is, but I did see them while looking around some of those free sites that provide models you can print up.

Heck, I'm still waiting for somebody to post the Lego parts list for that Awesome 8Q that I've seen floating around here and the internet.

https://www.flickr.c...57633089195159/

I honestly like the proportions on that one better than what's in game - less torso height and bulk, more leg, and more regal looking vs. short and wide.

Edited by oldradagast, 06 May 2016 - 08:17 AM.

#13 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 06 May 2016 - 08:19 AM

View PostHit the Deck, on 06 May 2016 - 04:36 AM, said:

Someday, someone will be able to sell this freely. I want to believe.

Bless PGI and Alex for at least giving us the 3D models!

It could happen TODAY i bet, if you contacted whoever owns the right currently and paid for the ability to sell Merchandise.

Other wise you just have to give them away for free, You could charge for you labor and material but you couldn't charge for the finished product because they are not your designs.

There are ways around that kind stuff as well, or at least some ways to get around making them but not selling them.

#14 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 06 May 2016 - 08:32 AM

View Postoldradagast, on 06 May 2016 - 08:16 AM, said:

There are models out there, actually, for a few of the mechs, like the Atlas, that are freely available... Not sure how LEGAL that is, but I did see them while looking around some of those free sites that provide models you can print up.

Heck, I'm still waiting for somebody to post the Lego parts list for that Awesome 8Q that I've seen floating around here and the internet.

https://www.flickr.c...57633089195159/

I honestly like the proportions on that one better than what's in game - less torso height and bulk, more leg, and more regal looking vs. short and wide.

Its legal as long as you dont charge money for the designs.

I have to deal with this all the time with my Business, we do Graphic Design and when peeps send me logos that i have to redo because they are not Vector Artwork (mathematically drawn lines from point a-b, NOT pixels) i can charge for my TIME to REDO and get ready for my machines but i CANNOT charge for the ARTWORK ITSELF.

I dont see how this would be that much different, they are just designs and if no one made money on it or claimed to own it then no harm no foul. Just give credit where credit is due and you are usually fine.

#15 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 06 May 2016 - 08:57 AM

View PostRevis Volek, on 06 May 2016 - 08:32 AM, said:

Its legal as long as you dont charge money for the designs.

I have to deal with this all the time with my Business, we do Graphic Design and when peeps send me logos that i have to redo because they are not Vector Artwork (mathematically drawn lines from point a-b, NOT pixels) i can charge for my TIME to REDO and get ready for my machines but i CANNOT charge for the ARTWORK ITSELF.

I dont see how this would be that much different, they are just designs and if no one made money on it or claimed to own it then no harm no foul. Just give credit where credit is due and you are usually fine.

Aside from putting Iron Wind Metals out of business with better looking miniatures for TT, it shouldn't be that much of an issue....

#16 Coralld

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 06 May 2016 - 10:37 AM

If PGI were able to make and sell these they would never have to worry about cash ever...

I'll take 50.

#17 The Great Bear

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 03:28 PM

View PostCoralld, on 06 May 2016 - 10:37 AM, said:

If PGI were able to make and sell these they would never have to worry about cash ever...

I'll take 50.

i am counting down the days till you can have a easy to use and set up system for your house

#18 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,035 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 05:20 PM

i have a low end 3d printer (a printrbot play with bed extension and heat option, build area of about 4"x8"x5") and its not very useful for artsy models. its hard to get good surface detail with it especially on small model.

mostly been using it for engineering projects. printed a lot of ducted fans, project cases for my electronics projects, custom legos, etc. if you want something that looks nice you are going to need to print it with a little thicker skin and then sand the living crap out of it just to get a surface you can paint. at that point you are firmly in the realm of being able to print bits you can use for table top. but its more work than most people think.

if you can extract the models and convert them to stl, pose them how you want, and get them to print. you will then need to sand it out and will have to recreate the textures with actual paint. good luck.

Edited by LordNothing, 06 May 2016 - 05:38 PM.

#19 Afuldan McKronik

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,331 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 May 2016 - 05:29 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 06 May 2016 - 05:20 PM, said:

i have a low end 3d printer (a printrbot play with bed extension and heat option) and its not very useful for artsy models. its hard to get good surface detail with it especially on small model.

mostly been using it for engineering projects. printed a lot of ducted fans, project cases for my electronics projects, custom legos, etc. if you want something that looks nice you are going to need to print it with a little thicker skin and then sand the living crap out of it just to get a surface you can paint. at that point you are firmly in the realm of being able to print bits you can use for table top. but its more work than most people think.

Hmm. Inable to get a good mini primer to stick? Different material than a plastic mini I would guess... that sucks. I would buy multiple models of each variant of each mech.

#20 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 05:43 PM

I'd buy those for a dollar.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users