Feature Suggestion More Explosion Effects?

5 replies to this topic

#1 SeaFireliv

• Pip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 18 posts
  • LocationGreat Britain

Posted 06 May 2016 - 06:14 PM

Now i`m not some kid who gets starry eyed over explosions, but after playing MWO (which I do enjoy) for a bit, I cannot help but notice how `explosion-less` mechs tend to be. They get shot, there`s the odd small explosion effect when they`re hit or if something breaks, then they fall down.

It`s when they die that the mechs are somewhat an anti-climax. I will list what i think should happen for easy reference:

1. Depending on type of killing blow, say hitting the CT, it should give a % chance of a power critical explosion that blows the Mech apart. In my 40 or so games I have not yet ever seen a mech explode apart. It should happen sometimes, even if only rarely.

2. Destroyed mechs should have a % chance to continue to spark and crackle from where they`ve been hit and wires/circuitry, etc are exposed.

3. There should be a chance of small fires on mechs so we see them burning.

4. Fire bursts from exploding munitions. Sometimes in reality, when a tank is hit, the top hatch flies open and there`s a burst of flame that shoots out as munitions and flammables go up. There should be something like this happening to pilot cockpits and other areas which are hit and have suffered catastrophic burnout.

5. Finally, and slightly different, the Mechs don`t fall with that sense of weight. they should hit the ground harder (faster) and not roll about quite so easily.

All this I mention for the added immersion of taking down a Mech, I believe it would really add to the feeling of the game, as it is, It`s the little touches that make a game like this. Right now they just turn into plastic grey dolls when they fall on the ground.

Thanks for reading.

Edited by SeaFireliv, 06 May 2016 - 06:17 PM.

#2 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 07 May 2016 - 02:49 PM

'Mechs don't explode, though. The most explosive they really get is a reactor breach which is a brief burst of burning gas followed by instantaneous total shutdown of all systems.

Also, the falling is about right. Think of how "slowly" a tree falls vs. a person.

Edited by Valar13, 07 May 2016 - 02:51 PM.

#3 VinJade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 09:55 AM

V13
Is correct, after all this isn't Japanese anime after all where a rock hits a mecha it blows up in a big old fire ball. ;)

#4 CARLTHELLAMA

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 08:37 AM

I agree, there should be a chance of the mech vaporizing in a nuclear fireball...we are after all riding a miniature sun trapped in a tin can. I also agree that the death crumple could use SOME modification to better illustrate the immense weight of the mech.

#5 Calebos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 08:21 AM

:D if you play so called realistic(its basics are in case of reality so funny and stupid that i have to laugh each time i see mechs moving) game, then make a notice about movement of mechs. First of all physiognomically NO mech in battletech is able to move(just check shape if each bodypart, etc. ...) and if this is unnoticed by anybody then at least animation should look like walking huge robotic mechanisms. Not the walking childish toyshop. But it needs some features that are not able in Far Cry rubbish engine ...

#6 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 05 June 2016 - 12:49 PM

We used to have considerably more impressive explosion effects, actually.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users