9 replies to this topic

#1 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 08 May 2016 - 11:53 AM

Could we get a very visible icon next to every thread which contains a response from the devs and/or the community manager?

It would be very useful in the Feature Suggestions forum, but also useful in many other parts of the forum.

#2 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 08 May 2016 - 12:23 PM

They'll never do it because then it'll become too obvious just how little attention they pay to their own official forum.
Not saying its a bad idea tho.

Edited by PhoenixFire55, 08 May 2016 - 12:23 PM.

#3 Spleenslitta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 08 May 2016 - 12:27 PM

Good idea Alistair. Let's hope Phoenix is wrong about this one.
So many good ideas that could have been saved from being buried if we had that icon.

#4 Elendil

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 130 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 11:07 AM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 08 May 2016 - 12:23 PM, said:

They'll never do it because then it'll become too obvious just how little attention they pay to their own official forum.
Not saying its a bad idea tho.

Yeah, that.

I've been trolling around the forums for a couple weeks now, and I haven't seen a single dev response to anything. Even to their own threads that are weeks or months old...

From what I understand, if you want anyone pay attention to anything you say, you have to tweet Russ directly. That's the feedback they actually look at.

#5 Spleenslitta

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 10 May 2016 - 09:52 AM

View PostElendil, on 09 May 2016 - 11:07 AM, said:

From what I understand, if you want anyone pay attention to anything you say, you have to tweet Russ directly. That's the feedback they actually look at.

Yup it's either that or during those town hall meetings where it's possible to ask some questions but they avoid a lot of stuff.
But then again i've seen much worse behavior from developers in other games....a lot worse.

But the Feature Suggestions part of the forums could have incredible benefits from having some of the dev's attention at least.
Whenever i make a new topic about anything here i get the feeling they NEVER read it.
I've made more than my fair share of topics here but not a single response from the dev's whether positive or negative. Nothing.

#6 Elendil

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 130 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 04:37 PM

As an experiment, I'll just wait and see if this thread gets a dev response...

#7 VinJade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 05:44 PM

I would love to see that as well, but I don't think they will ever do it, also I don't see them paying any attention to these forums for a few reasons.

one of them could be that they want to be able to ignore any question or comments directed towards them and they can pretend that they never knew about them.

#8 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 11 May 2016 - 10:20 PM

Well first of all I have to say - I'm pretty sure some CM read the feature request swamp. But to be fair the number of requests is by no mean an indicator for their quality.

There was a reason we had those Polls before YES NO ABSTAIN, not those biased polls I've seen since them.

A clear structure (current, change, result) and even when its hard a TLDR would also help.

So Allistair don't you want to change this "complaint" into a "feature request" - propose a form and maybe a "forum" handling of a feature request (Topic is hot and poll is used frequent) - a CM might place a note that he will forward it to the Dev team and hopefully get an answer.

#9 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 May 2016 - 10:51 PM

View PostElendil, on 09 May 2016 - 11:07 AM, said:

Yeah, that.

I've been trolling around the forums for a couple weeks now, and I haven't seen a single dev response to anything. Even to their own threads that are weeks or months old...

Tina posted in my thread asking about decals.

#10 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 12 May 2016 - 11:22 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 08 May 2016 - 11:53 AM, said:

Could we get a very visible icon next to every thread which contains a response from the devs and/or the community manager?

It would be very useful in the Feature Suggestions forum, but also useful in many other parts of the forum.

*hmm, must not post something derisive.*

HEY! maybe we already have that but how would we know!

*damnit.*

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users