Low Light Population And Conquest

25 replies to this topic

#21 Mainhunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 378 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 06:04 AM

At least the game gets a bit spread out in Conquest. Some maps are a cruelty to play any mod but Conquest, like Alpine. Same goes for Crimson where you only attack out of boredom if it's not Conquest and for capping.

#22 adamts01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 3,417 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 09 May 2016 - 06:19 AM

View PostMainhunter, on 09 May 2016 - 06:04 AM, said:

At least the game gets a bit spread out in Conquest. Some maps are a cruelty to play any mod but Conquest, like Alpine. Same goes for Crimson where you only attack out of boredom if it's not Conquest and for capping.

It does mix it up, I'll give you that. It's probably the best mode on Alpine, much more balanced than Domination. But Crimson..... Oh my god. Attack tunnel or saddle? That's it. It's about as bad as Faction Warfare. Or you could be spawned on the other side, where the lemmings default to camping platform no matter what. I absolutely hate that level. What's worse, is half the pugs camp the platform on conquest till the timer runs out. WTF?

#23 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 09 May 2016 - 07:13 AM

Chump Jenner pilot explains it all.

Edited by Novakaine, 09 May 2016 - 07:13 AM.

#24 Sha Shou

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 27 posts
  • LocationOz

Posted 09 May 2016 - 07:28 AM

View Postadamts01, on 09 May 2016 - 12:59 AM, said:

I always apologize to my team when I let them know MM stuck them with a bad light pilot.

adamts01 is not a bad light pilot. Seeing him on the opposite team makes me wish I brought my skillcrow.

#25 Ghogiel

• CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 07:39 AM

If I am in a light and spend all match being a captard I will guarantee I will lose more matches than if I primary trying to carrying in the fight.

All the scrubs that think I am ignoring the secondary objective and it's costing them a win, they'd be demonstraby wrong over a larger statsitcal sample and the end of round scores show them what's up on a per match basis.

#26 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 09 May 2016 - 08:04 AM

View Postadamts01, on 08 May 2016 - 08:36 PM, said:

I play lights, I also like killing ****. When I'm in my Jenner, I typically do more work than the worst half of my team combined. Also, I absolutely detest running around all match and standing in squares. If you're not prepared to run around and do the boring job yet still vote conquest, don't be pissed when your only light that voted for skirmish doesn't jump at the opportunity. I'd rather lose and get some shots in than win by running around Polar for 10 minutes, I might as well just stay in the training grounds. That's all.

Hate to break it to you, but that's just how games are sometimes.

I don't blame the rant, but you should know your way around the fourms here considering your count and how long you've been here, but sometimes you have to make some fun out of it. Try joking in comms, I'll tell you a little story about how much fun we had on Friday Night.

Me and my unit friends were playing in a group. Upon getting Conquest Canyon Network, another group of Mariks popped up, one said:

"Move foward, Ignore the caps, kill everything."

One of my friends, being a little joking about it, said:

"But what about the little bars?"

We all lost it. It was too good, the way he said it and all. Then, people in-game, not being able to handle jokes, attempted to berate him, by making Mother insults of all things.

And guess what? For the past 3 matches, that's all anyone did, try and insult his mother, save for a few and the first, who eventually either turned around or just laughed at the joking going on about the Game Mode.

We even joked around when a stream was going on, you can just see stupidity on people's part for not being able to handle a joke, It's Friday, you should be able to joke with other people in-game about Conquest, where everyone usually tries to kill each other like Skirmish and not do the objective, and you can't handle a joke about killing the Cap bars? If you don't want to hear it, there's a little Speaker bar on the name of the player's name, and you can mute it. Done, simple, but I guess other people couldn't even handle that. I could understand if it was Monday-Thursday, but not Friday-Sunday.

I dunno, but I think sometimes the Community is so sucked up into itself at times, to a point where it's sickening, but that's only a small percentage of the entire population, when we were joking around, we all had a good time, and that's all that mattered, having fun in a game.

Isn't that why we play games for, for entertainment? (I can already see the inbound lolz posts about MWO being a e-sport)

Edited by Scout Derek, 09 May 2016 - 08:06 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users