Prove Your Alliegence 2, Or, How We Got Screwed.

10 replies to this topic

#1 KlLLJOY

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 29 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, Mn

Posted 09 May 2016 - 06:31 AM

I am very disappointed. I was not able to complete my rewards for the event.

I am not the greatest Mechwarrior, but I'm not a slouch either, I do fairly well most of the time.

I spent the last 10 days and played 125 games to try and beat these challenges and I only completed the scouting one.

I spent 13 hours on Sunday playing invasions but I still wasn't able to make the goals.

Is it because I'm terrible? Maybe. But I tell you what would have really helped.

Having opponents to play against.

For the last two days there has been no one for us to attack. Sunday I was sitting online all day and only played 17 games, 3 of which were useless ghost drops.

There were simply no opponents for us to attack, No way for us to score points. Ours would be spilling over while we sat twiddling our thumbs.

I told my girlfriend what I had planned for this weekend, I told her it was going to be nothing but me playing this game to try and get the points I needed. I actually used the word "chore". She asked me, "But it's going to be fun, right?" I couldn't honestly say yes, not with the amount of pressure I was under.

I even bought two days of premium time just for the weekend BTW, and then spent most of it looking at a full lobby, while real time passed.

We only had 3 planets to commit actions on, and no one was ever there to fight.

I feel like Clan Smoke Jaguar got screwed out of getting their rewards, not just me, but everyone else in our faction who signed in and didn't get to play.

I didn't manage to earn those rewards that I didn't accomplish, so I guess that's on me. But I do think my faction should be gifted the reward mechs we were prevented from achieving because we had no one to play against.

If you agree with the above, please email PGI at: feedback@mwomercs.com with your own view.

Edited by KlLLJOY, 09 May 2016 - 06:37 AM.

#2 KinLuu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 06:36 AM

How did the defense queue look? IIRC, FRR and Steiner were quite busy on the Clan Wolf front.

Edited by KinLuu, 09 May 2016 - 06:36 AM.

#3 KlLLJOY

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 29 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 07:11 AM

They were empty for the most part. We would have two full ques waiting to drop most of the time, one counting down to a ghost drop, while the other waited.

#4 Kyria Clearwater

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 61 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 07:53 AM

I never saw it that bad, only when the scouts managed to flip the long tom for SJ did I see the enemy teams numbers drop down and SJ's go through the roof.

However, this weekend at times I did have longer wait times than normal, because a couple of IS factions decided to not attack clans, and go IS, which meant less defensive options. (2 all weekend, plus 1 attack)

That unfortunately is down to the player base in those factions deciding 'where/who' they want to fight and certain factions apparently would rather fight IS opponents than get ground down by clans.

#5 Jaroth Corbett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 09 May 2016 - 11:07 AM

The event was extended.

#6 Swagpanda89

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 278 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Location77th Black Wolves

Posted 09 May 2016 - 09:26 PM

Yeah long toms scared some enemies away.

Also a very important hint: Form up 12 mans! !!! You will get faster matches plus your w/l rate will improve.

#7 KlLLJOY

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 06:27 AM

Well, that was interesting.

I spent the whole extra week playing and still didn't manage to get the final goal. I started the week with 11 out of 15 wins and I was short by two at the end.

I played 47 invasions in 7 days and we won twice. Twice. In a week.

I'm not the best player out there, but damn if that doesn't just burn my *** that we couldn't pull it together. Our faction space has once again shrunk to a handful of planets.

Edited by KlLLJOY, 16 May 2016 - 06:29 AM.

#8 XenoBE

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 06:36 AM

i shared your pain. i had about the same streak of defeats. but i finally managed to ensure my last two victories yesterday.
(followed by a separate 3 win streak which was just... typical)

Sorry you didn't make it. getting those victories was a royal pain for clan solo puggers.

But sounds abit like bad luck too. i got at least some victories by defending Jaguar worlds over the weekend.

Edited by XenoBE, 16 May 2016 - 06:37 AM.

#9 WANTED

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 611 posts
  • LocationFt. Worth, TX

Posted 16 May 2016 - 06:41 AM

Eh..don't worry. Coulda been worse. I was only focused on Scouting part of the event to get en ENF and I failed at that because I didn't spend enough time getting 180 intel points. Completed everything else. Just not enough time for me and I actually dread that part of the game. If I want to play PAC MAN, I can play that on my Xbox, Pac Man Championship DX.

#10 invernomuto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,065 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 16 May 2016 - 06:43 AM

View PostKlLLJOY, on 09 May 2016 - 07:11 AM, said:

They were empty for the most part. We would have two full ques waiting to drop most of the time, one counting down to a ghost drop, while the other waited.

The difference between this weekend versus the previous one was striking. 7th-8th May weekend (EU time) was full of player with little wait for drops. This weekend I had to wait much longer to get a match. IMHO most players completed the challenge before the weekend and take a break from FW... I too did not play sunday evening, I needed a break after playing CW non stop for 15 days...

Edited by invernomuto, 16 May 2016 - 06:45 AM.

#11 Hunter Tseng

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 100 posts
  • LocationIn the pines where the gauss rifle always shines... And doesn't explode :P

Posted 17 May 2016 - 12:34 AM

Yeah I had a royal pain of a time to get the invasion challenge done... never really bothered with the scout challenge, but got the goodies I like :P

I did like 100+ games just to get 15 bloody victory xD
Finished it at the last day after the extended time :P

But now we Ghost Bear has finally captured Nyserta (which we have been trying like... forever xD) I don't know what to do with my life anymore :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users