Let's Talk Locust, And How It Can Kick Your Arse!

8 replies to this topic

#1 Percy Veer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 09:18 PM

I have below 3 videos showing how the locust fights.

Now I appreciate not all people pilot fast, and there are some players, elderly and wise, who love the game and choose the slower, harder hitting mechs and need us little lights to protect them, and that's great, because it is...

Yet this little mech can do immense things. Here are some videos, and I hope you enjoy them:

#2 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 30 May 2016 - 01:47 AM

My criticism of the Locust is it is too easy to hit for a mech that usually dies on the first shot that hits. I still use it though.

#3 Percy Veer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 02:24 AM

View PostLightfoot, on 30 May 2016 - 01:47 AM, said:

My criticism of the Locust is it is too easy to hit for a mech that usually dies on the first shot that hits. I still use it though.

Ah yes, which is why you need experience in piloting the little blighter. Importantly it can disrupt, harass and, totally under-rated is this bit, it drops the overall tonnage deployed, which means you may end up with an extra assault mech on your side.

One of my games last night had 4 Kodiaks in a lance.

#4 MechWarrior849305

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 02:29 AM

View PostLightfoot, on 30 May 2016 - 01:47 AM, said:

I just LOLed Posted Image

#5 Narcissistic Martyr

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 30 May 2016 - 06:57 AM

Teamwork>skill>tonnage

#6 Percy Veer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 07:49 AM

View PostNarcissistic Martyr, on 30 May 2016 - 06:57 AM, said:

Teamwork>skill>tonnage

Mechwarriors + Teamwork = Bewilderment

(Herding a bunch of cats) + (accidentally doing things together) = (I'm the greatest! Yay, go me!)

Edited by Percy Veer, 30 May 2016 - 07:49 AM.

#7 Ted Wayz

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,913 posts
  • LocationTea with Romano

Posted 30 May 2016 - 08:05 AM

What I like about the Locust is, unlike some lights, if you play it dumb you die quick. Swear you can play some lights with a potato sack over your head and still do okay.

#8 Percy Veer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 08:24 AM

View PostTed Wayz, on 30 May 2016 - 08:05 AM, said:

What I like about the Locust is, unlike some lights, if you play it dumb you die quick. Swear you can play some lights with a potato sack over your head and still do okay.

Would that by any-chance, be the Arctic Cheetah?

#9 Chuck Jager

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 11:40 AM

I can deal with most lights - some not so easily. The locust in the right build can still hurt me harder and control the fight especially more easily if I am in a laser boat.

I mean common, I can abuse the reverse twist to gain the advantage over most other light mechs.

Kinda a question mark. I mean even in a super heavy structure quirked mech, you will still die pretty quickly if you stop moving and throw in some twisting. SOme mechs are niche mechs that the player really need to be able to actively put that mech onto that niche. Certain locust builds do that niche very well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users