#1 TyphonCh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationDue North

Posted 09 May 2016 - 11:18 PM

What the title says.

I'm ok with free stuff and more micro-transactions, don't get me wrong, but I don't like how it's 'Grab this random crate in a random location to MAYBE get it IF you win, to get random rewards that you MIGHT get... Cuz RNG'

I've always seem in the rewards at the end of the match 'Salvage = X c-bills'. I have no idea what governs it, component destruction, kills maybe; But could this be a window to earn the supply cache? It would definitely make sense.
Have a supply cache randomly rewarded to you based on how much salvage you accrued that match? The more 'salvage' you earn in a match the higher the chance. Limit two per team if they win.

Edit: And just because I'm feeling creative, there could be different Quality caches, for the sake of argument, bronze, silver, gold - Gold having rewards like MC, colors, patterns, small chance at Hero mechs etc. Silver, XL engines, mix of what could be found in Bronze and gold... Bronze has heat sinks, weapons, consumables etc.

DAMN! Dakota beat me to this idea. Haha. Keep it up anyway.
http://mwomercs.com/...e-counter-idea/

Edited by Team Chevy86, 09 May 2016 - 11:31 PM.

#2 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 09 May 2016 - 11:28 PM

Yes MechWarrior Online should have loot in some form. Not clone MMORPG kind of loot but something, some where, some how. Just another missing feature that I hope is added at some point in a cool way that isn't a grind like other games offer, but instead adds interest and possibility.

For the sim it should be on the planets on the star map in some way.

If it was introduced in a primitive form like the topic suggests then brought in properly later that's cool to. Such as a random reward at the end of the match or some such.

Edit: I just seen the roadmap now. Posted Image This is a great addition like I said in the other topic. Awsome. Also like I said in the other topic I hope the sim doesn't suffer is all.

+1 for Lostech.

Edited by Johnny Z, 09 May 2016 - 11:56 PM.

#3 TyphonCh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationDue North

Posted 16 May 2016 - 10:38 PM

I just don't understand why they don't chase the immersiveness and lore that IS Battletech. How hard is it to add some immersion to the game as simple as battlefield salvage? Because 'KRATES N KEYS" is easier? Pfffft... I get the feeling the new devs (not just this game either...) don't have the same passion they did when the game was initially being put together.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users