Stuck After Dropping From Dropship?

General Gameplay Maps

8 replies to this topic

#1 Jeffrey Wilder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 02:12 AM

Had this experience couple of times when I can't move after a drop ship release my mech. It will be stuck on a 30 second count down for ages before finally clearing after minutes.

Anybody encountered this bug?

#2 oldradagast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 03:21 AM

Nope, but the dropships are glitchy. Some of my mechs tend to get caught briefly in the drop process before finishing their fall, and just this past week I took leg damage from the drop. So, more work still needs to be done on them, IMHO.

#3 Jeffrey Wilder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 06:20 AM

Still experiencing this bug, can't move until a few count downs later which translates to at least 3 to 5 minutes.

View Postoldradagast, on 10 May 2016 - 03:21 AM, said:

Nope, but the dropships are glitchy. Some of my mechs tend to get caught briefly in the drop process before finishing their fall, and just this past week I took leg damage from the drop. So, more work still needs to be done on them, IMHO.

All these sound like old bugs.

Oh, just finished a match where I was stuck in my second mech until the end of a FW match. Probably got stuck a good 23 to 25 minutes.

The 30 seconds count down just keep resetting itself and there's nothing I can do.

#4 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 10 May 2016 - 06:21 AM

View Postoldradagast, on 10 May 2016 - 03:21 AM, said:

I've also had it where the mech briefly gets hung up dropping from the dropship. I dont think i have ever taken damage though.

I think it is a non-humanoid torso thing with larger mechs.

#5 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 10 May 2016 - 12:03 PM

I've seen Orion IICs get hung up on Dropships, though they do end up coming down eventually.

#6 DefyingReality

• PipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 51 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 04:27 PM

Yeah, my Orion IIC's get hung up for a second on almost every drop. Always assumed it was because of the protruding autocannon.

#7 Herbert the Turbot

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 15 posts
  • LocationCambridge, UK

Posted 11 May 2016 - 04:39 AM

View PostJeffrey Wilder, on 10 May 2016 - 06:20 AM, said:

Still experiencing this bug, can't move until a few count downs later which translates to at least 3 to 5 minutes.

Oh, just finished a match where I was stuck in my second mech until the end of a FW match. Probably got stuck a good 23 to 25 minutes.

The 30 seconds count down just keep resetting itself and there's nothing I can do.

I've had this happen several times since the start of phase 3, though not for 25 minutes. The worst was when the 30 second countdown cycled I think 6 times before I was able to move, many many times I've waited my 30 seconds in the drop ship then hit the ground only to have to wait another 30 seconds before I can move off.

I've also had a few other odd things happen, twice I've dropped and been unable to open the map, both times with my second mech, back to normal on the third. Once I dropped and my push to talk button was disabled, that was on my third mech and it was working again on the fourth.

#8 Nyghtshadow

Rookie

• The Sentinel
  • The Sentinel
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 09:56 PM

I have had this happen to me now a dozen times, sometimes I release after two or three countdowns, twice now I was stuck in a unresponsive mech until end of match. I can tell I have dropped as I get killed however the information/match screen is still up and I am unable to move. I have not had a single faction play go without a hitch today with this bug.

Edit - Its now saying that I left the match early and I can not play as Im penalized... Your server hung me, I did not quit or try to DC. Ive checked my end and everything is fine as far as ISP and network connectivity goes.

Edited by Nyghtshadow, 09 June 2017 - 10:02 PM.

#9 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 09 June 2017 - 10:44 PM

Well on the IS side most dropship pilots are Marik.
On the the Clan side you have this guy.
Posted Image

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users